Group 7-day waking average?

*bows down to you* - I’m a teacher and would be absolutely lost without amazing TAs like yourself, as would the children. Your current situation sounds sadly familiar to me :( but I frequently see there are other roles advertised where you can utilise your existing skills and build on them - and I am sure there are other settings where we are not all stretched as thinly (perhaps getting harder to find though, I acknowledge). Look after yourself; it’s not an easy job at the best of times, let alone with diabetes too.
My daughter is a TA, three months ago she moved to another school after after a nine year stay at her 1st school after qualifying.

She is now moving to a different school as she is totally bored at her new school, she spends most of her day sitting in the staff room with nothing to do, it begs the question why did they hire her when there was nothing for her to do.

And it was a 6.3 for me earlier this morning. I’m pleased to say that the sun is trying to break through so it looks like being a nice day.

Sitting under beautiful walnut trees, sun shining, cool breeze, listening to relaxing chill out music and sipping cold white wine..... In Paleokasistra, Corfu.

After 2 gruelling days travel with 6am starts. 7.1 this morning.

CHEERS!IMG_20230608_151508938.jpgIMG_20230608_151652082.jpg

So sorry for all those suffering work stress and bullying. I know just how it is. After doing a job I adored for many years and then successfully running a business for a further 15, I re-entered employment, I couldn't believe the accepted environment. Terrible. You all have my sympathy.

I’m not really getting on well with the anti-blood clot injections, I have to do them every evening (think Ive done 17 of the 40 I need, so nearly half way through the course)
they are very different to my insulin injections or any of the others I give myself / or the hospital gives me regularly.
I didn’t get on with them either @goodybags - after the amount of injections I’ve given myself over the years! Mine were spring-loaded and the needles were really long. I didn’t like doing them at all.

Good morning. 6.8

Bright and sunny with increasing heat forecast for next few days with, at the weekend, a very low chance of light rain.

Aching all over although I did very little except cut a hedge and make a door wedge. Michael did well tho' - got through weeding 3 beds. Now need more bark/wood chip. Nice couple came and bought chest freezer - Facebook market place is handy. Have spotted a rather nice looking iron garden table so may potter off to check that out rather than doing anything more energetic. Its quite close to my best chums so I can bag a cuppa, a friendly natter and a fine view of the sea as well.

Somebody with no concept of order has been through my cables and accessories box. Thank you Grandson. Spent half an hour disentangling and re-coiling before I found the lead which will connect my camera to the PC, the battery charger for it and the external card reader - The German monster doesn't have those useful slots in his carcass. The smug Teuton is refusing to talk to the printer - no idea why - I really could do with a teenager.

After watching Tim Spector the other night I have decided to give up all artificial sweeteners. Oddly black tea tastes OK without. Shall settle for reduced sugar ice-cream recipes when the machine arrives. Any good recipes for sorbet etc will be gratefully acknowledged.

Hope everyone doing well whatever the weather where you are.
I had reasonable success with raspberries, strawberries or redcurrants, sieved to get rid of seeds with Skyr yoghurt in the ice cream maker. No sugar or sweeteners needed. It was a tad challenging to get out of the container when put in the freezer so better to freeze in portion size or eat straight away.

I didn’t get on with them either @goodybags - after the amount of injections I’ve given myself over the years! Mine were spring-loaded and the needles were really long. I didn’t like doing them at all.
I had to do them after my knee surgery and yes the needle was long but it tended to sting for about 10 mins afterwards.

Evening all. 8.1 this morning and realised later I was ill, some kind of food poisoning, nightmare. Missed going to Cleveleys, early birthday present. Really fed-up. :( Can you get food poisoning from Philly?

03:44 BS 6.5 🙂

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Yesterday the weather almost broke as it was definitely cooler & greyer but, it didn’t rain: maybe today; no fan needed last night & the open bedroom door was enough to keep things comfortable! 🙂

A lot of visitors yesterday as my eldest brother, eldest sister & their spouses came for a visit & chat in the conservatory: four at once & me making a 5th; only have sets of crockery, plates & teacups etc, for 4 since the BIG kitchen clear out so, not quite enough for the 5 of us! SIL offered to give me some of her crockery next time they’re here! 🙄:rofl:

Good morning everyone

Audition day.... time for nerves... 2pm start

And what happened to the weather this morning. Very cold

BG 5.3
BP 129/73
Pulse 54

A bit more practice this morning, gather up my music and equipment and await the...

...anyway I am looking forward to it all and especially getting home and relaxing afterwards

Had a great walk to Lytham hospital yesterday with my wife. She was happy and relaxed and even bought me (us) fish and chips. We cheated on the way back and caught a bus home. The appointment was just a diabetic eye thing. Made it hard to see afterwards with the nasty eye drops. Best we caught the bus then 🙂

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

I had reasonable success with raspberries, strawberries or redcurrants, sieved to get rid of seeds with Skyr yoghurt in the ice cream maker. No sugar or sweeteners needed. It was a tad challenging to get out of the container when put in the freezer so better to freeze in portion size or eat straight away.
Try lining a loaf tin with baking parchment and filling that with the mixture. Once frozen it’s easy to turn out and you can cut a slice. It’s what I do if I make semifreddo or anything vaguely like ice cream.

@Gwynn hopefully no signs of anything untoward in the retinopathy scan.

Had mine recently and they actually asked if I needed drops or was one of the lucky ones!

Back