Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 6.8

Bright and sunny with increasing heat forecast for next few days with, at the weekend, a very low chance of light rain.

Aching all over although I did very little except cut a hedge and make a door wedge. Michael did well tho' - got through weeding 3 beds. Now need more bark/wood chip. Nice couple came and bought chest freezer - Facebook market place is handy. Have spotted a rather nice looking iron garden table so may potter off to check that out rather than doing anything more energetic. Its quite close to my best chums so I can bag a cuppa, a friendly natter and a fine view of the sea as well.

Somebody with no concept of order has been through my cables and accessories box. Thank you Grandson. Spent half an hour disentangling and re-coiling before I found the lead which will connect my camera to the PC, the battery charger for it and the external card reader - The German monster doesn't have those useful slots in his carcass. The smug Teuton is refusing to talk to the printer - no idea why - I really could do with a teenager.

After watching Tim Spector the other night I have decided to give up all artificial sweeteners. Oddly black tea tastes OK without. Shall settle for reduced sugar ice-cream recipes when the machine arrives. Any good recipes for sorbet etc will be gratefully acknowledged.

Hope everyone doing well whatever the weather where you are.

6.9 for me this morning, higher than I’d like, but stopped the bedtime rise in its tracks, before it even happened, so that was a win! Couple of little jumps around 3am sent me up to 8. Wondering whether to up the basal - I seem to need a lot more at night than I do in the day?! Maybe a consideration for the weekend when I can keep a closer eye overnight without work the next day.

Have a good day everyone - cloudy here, meant to be sunny later and tomorrow before thunderstorms at the weekend o_O

Morning all from my house. 5.4 after another day of ups and downs. Back home and back to normal today, I hope.

We’ve had a smashing time even though the hotel wasn’t quite what it was, the food was still good and we made the most of it. I don’t like change though. Yesterday was a great day, brilliant weather yet again, we visited Grange over Sands, quaint seaside town, think we were the youngest there. 😉 Lovely prom to walk along with some beautiful flowers and plants to admire. Then off to Arnside, a smaller quaint seaside town full of retirees. It was lovely, already looked at house prices, and bought a lottery ticket!😱 We bought some lunch and sat on the pier along with the rest of the population/ visitors it seemed. About 1pm a siren sounded, we thought “ what the blooming heck” but no one battered an eyelid they just carried on eating their ice creams etc. Quick Google found it was warning of the tide coming in, as apparently it comes in very fast. The famous Arnside Bore, thought I’d already seen him with all his camera equipment pointing at the viaduct over the estuary waiting for the next train ( sorry Mr Eggy, love you really). Well, blow us down with a feather, yesterday was THE a day for a good one. About half an hour after the siren, we saw the tide rolling in in the distance. No joke, it took about two minutes to fill the estuary. Never seen anything like it. Now I’m the Arnside bore being all excited about the Arnside Bore.:rofl:

Today I’m doing laundry and may go and buy some bird food. Finished every last scrap last night as I filled them up. I am definitely going to the chemist as, as usual, I was bitten whilst walking. A damn cleg, or horse fly you may know it as, and, as usual, it’s gone infected straight away. Big pus filled blister on the back of my calf. I knew I’d been bit as I felt it and it was still there hanging on. They are relentless, no amount of leg shaking and wafting arms about will get it off you, it needs a blooming good slap! Hate them! 😡

Have a great day. You can all pray for rain now I’m home. The garden is dry as a bone !
Does anyone know what these flowers are in the first picture?

Attachments

• FE7D3A3C-2620-4928-AA61-9D0DCC3C1738.jpeg
    FE7D3A3C-2620-4928-AA61-9D0DCC3C1738.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 16
  • CCBD6720-3F1F-4D5F-B987-1418F9DD0E44.jpeg
    CCBD6720-3F1F-4D5F-B987-1418F9DD0E44.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 15
  • C68309C2-6409-4097-81D7-FB267BA7E1CA.jpeg
    C68309C2-6409-4097-81D7-FB267BA7E1CA.jpeg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 13D713F4-AC9C-45B2-B7FF-4AA655822308.jpeg
    13D713F4-AC9C-45B2-B7FF-4AA655822308.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 9AA3384A-E87F-4500-8B1A-AC29475FE836.jpeg
    9AA3384A-E87F-4500-8B1A-AC29475FE836.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 76D148FD-A6C1-4F9A-AC34-5A57D7A82277.jpeg
    76D148FD-A6C1-4F9A-AC34-5A57D7A82277.jpeg
    36.8 KB · Views: 16
Wow @eggyg! When is a bore not a bore? When it’s in Arnside. In’t nature...brilliant! 🙂

Morning all. 🙂 7.8 here. Who knows?

Glad to hear you had a better night @Lanny. I copy the Spanish in hot weather - curtains shut and windows open a crack all day long. And, like you, bedroom door open overnight. Seems to work. 🙂

5.2 this morning.
Woohoo. A House Special @chazthompson. Congratulations. 🙂

Good morning
Today a higher than usual on waking with a 9.0 (to many carbs yesterday I know) hope everyones ok,
yesterday was 7.1

hospital visit went well yesterday, the first cast removed the surgeon was happy he said all appears as expected in the healing process, although it’s anothe month before they do an x-ray
I’m now wearing a red plaster cast on my left leg now (they offered red, blue, pink or mauve)
was advised to keep resting as much as possible (more TV for me) although t need to go for a hair cut and drop a charging lead of to a friend in hospital this morning.

I’m not really getting on well with the anti-blood clot injections, I have to do them every evening (think Ive done 17 of the 40 I need, so nearly half way through the course)
they are very different to my insulin injections or any of the others I give myself / or the hospital gives me regularly.

Have a great day everybody 😎

It was a rather naughty 3.1 for me this morning and my own fault as my Libre alarm woke me on 4.1 around 4am and for some stupid reason I did nothing about it other than scan and go straight back to sleep! I knew the 2 unit correction I put in at bedtime was too heavy handed but I was so sick of having to stack corrections yesterday that I had got a bit too slap happy. 🙄
Must dash as we are taking the lads out tandem again this morning before Ian has to get on with haymaking. We are at Beamish museum this weekend for the Horses at Work event and we are taking the lads tandem for the first time. I have a sneaky feeling that I may need to be on my feet with Zak quite a bit at first as I imagine he will find it a bit distracting and not be focused enough on what Ian is wanting him to do. It is simple enough trotting around the country lanes at home but the town centre in the museum with trams and buses and lots of people milling about as well as other horses of course, will be a significant challenge. He has seen it all before but had shafts or a pole to keep him straight. The lead horse in a tandem is a very trusted position because you have very little control, so he has to listen and do as he is told, mostly off voice. It is very easy for him to just turn around and stand looking at you, particularly if he gets confused or distracted and it is very difficult to get him back out of that jack knifed position. I think I will have my hands full!! But this morning is just another jog round the block and maybe a few circles and figures of 8 at the quiet road junctions.

Morning all, 6.2 here.
It’s a Cistus 'Alan Fradd' @eggyg, (a sort of fancy rock rose, they’re normally dark pink) ,and I’ve spent the week looking for one having seen one in a NT garden the other day. (they didn’t have one in the shop)
Thanks for that. I thought it was beautiful.

Then off to Arnside,
Love it round there! I went to Lancaster University and whilst up there a few of us discovered Arnside and also a lovely craft place at Jenny Brown’s Point / Silverdale - Wolfhouse Galleries I think it was called? Lovely place!

Good morning all, 5.4 this morning, perched here on the final run through 5 locks into Chester where hopefully we’ll find a nice mooring. Then a day in Chester, buying a few provisions for the second half of our holiday when we head south on the Shropshire Union towards Audlem and beyond!

Congratulations @chazthompson on your HS!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Morning

7.1 today, but I actually expected higher after the rubbish I ate yesterday. Another stressful day at work, like @freesia and @Eternal422 I wish I could give up work, it i affecting my health badly, but just need another year as we still have a mortgage, use to be an ok job, stressful at times, it not like now due to weak management and new systems that are not fit for purpose and create so much extra work, mistakes get made in this system that don’t come to light until they reach our department, then we get told just fix it adding extra to our workload or blamed for the mistake.

@chazthompson - congratulations on HS.

Good morning all, 5.4 this morning, perched here on the final run through 5 locks into Chester where hopefully we’ll find a nice mooring. Then a day in Chester, buying a few provisions for the second half of our holiday when we head south on the Shropshire Union towards Audlem and beyond!

Congratulations @chazthompson on your HS!

Hope everyone has a good day today!
Sorry, but can someone fill me in on what HS means?

Love it round there! I went to Lancaster University and whilst up there a few of us discovered Arnside and also a lovely craft place at Jenny Brown’s Point / Silverdale - Wolfhouse Galleries I think it was called? Lovely place!
All the times we’ve been to Newby Bridge we’ve never been. We loved it and will definitely be back. Would have liked to walk to Silverdale but I was in hypo city all afternoon and struggled getting my BGs up ( must have been all the excitement of the Arnside Bore) and we thought we’d best get home. I looked at houses for sale there last night, saw one of the huge Victorian houses for sale. £350k, thought that looked like a great price until I looked closer, that was for a two bed flat in the house! Think we’ll just remain as visitors! :rofl:

4.7 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Back