Group 7-day waking average?

A high 8.2 this morning, just goes to show having different meals whilst on holiday has an effect on BG. Oh well, doing the best without letting it spoil the holiday.

Congratulations @Lanny and @MikeyBikey on your HS!

Had a lovely day today with beautiful weather. Nice gentle pace through the Potteries, and an earlier than booked passage through the Harecastle Tunnel (40 minutes of stress, even though it’s one way the fear of scratching the boat paint is ever present). But, did it just fine and came out unscathed. Had a drink and meal at Red Bull (a canalside pub on the Congleton Road just outside of Kidsgrove).

Heartbreak Hill (23 locks) tomorrow!

Here’s us waiting before Harecastle Tunnel :

IMG_2559.jpeg

Good morning - 5.3

First day of half term!

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning. 6.8.

A little overcast this morning so enjoying a cool start. Hopefully the errant gardener is coming today so may get the left hand side of the pond finished and the couch eradicated from the fuchsia bed. If he is a no show then I shall just plod on as long as the heat lets me.

Managed to get the laundry finished after the family visit. I wonder how non-elite families managed the aftermath of guests before white goods were invented. My grandmother had a "peggy tub", a huge barrel of hot water, and a "posher", a sort of colander on a stick which was bashed up and down to agitate the clothes. It must have been the labour of the damned given that she was under 5ft tall. That was followed by energetic use of the "mangle." Just dialing up the requisite cycle and pressing "on" seems barely worth congratulating oneself about! I use one of her flat irons, that she heated on the range, as a door stop. Her laundry work must have seemed endless...

Hope everyone has a good week - the Met Office hint of light showers on Friday - I am praying it will be a decent rain or the place will be a dustbowl.

06:11 BS 6.5 🙂

Finally managed to sleep yesterday afternoon although, I had to apply a cold bottle of water to the back of my neck a few times! Dialled back the NR a bit, -4 across the board, because of my cycle! Which is heavier than it’s ever been since the oblation op in 2017 & clots too but, not going to panic, yet, as it’s been less than 24 hours: wait a bit & see if it calms down after the first day or two?

So far, this morning it looks like it’s a bit cooler: last night was a bit cooler too?

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

Good morning everyone

BG 5.0
BP 120/80
Pulse, ahh one had to be awry 55

Yesterday was great. Sound at the church service went well. A lovely walk to the lake with my wife in the afternoon. A decent tea. All in all excellent. Only slightly marred by absolute garbage on the telly and no decent films in the evening.

Today a careful early short walk as I have a blister. Grr. Then a longer walk this afternoon. I have to be careful as I am walking a longer distance on Thursday for an eye appointment. Maybe a bit of keyboard practice later on. Oh, and fish for tea (I hope. It depends on M&S having any).

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 5.8

Diamond anniversary party was yesterday. I didn’t leave the house and still managed to walk 6 miles and apparently climb 21 flights of stairs according to Apple Health!

Mum and dad enjoyed it and I think that can be said for all the invited guests too.

I’ll help dad return some borrowed tables and chairs to their respective owners and then I’ll head home and rest as I’m knackered!

Motning all. 6.7 and an almost unicorn day yesterday. First day back after half term so i'd better be up and getting ready. Catch up eith you all later. Have a good day.

@TinaD my granny used to have a mangle, i remember she used to let me put the clothes through it, only after she had started to feed them through though.
1685943847509.png

6.1 this morning, went to bed on 9.5 with a 2 unit correction so happy with that as it did not go any higher before the correction kicked in!

Also back to work for me after half term this morning.

Enjoy your Monday everyone!

Morning all. 6.3 on yet another glorious day.

Off for a two night break to the south Lakes today. Our favourite hotel in the world, haven’t been for two years and it’s changed from an independent hotel to belonging to a small group. Must admit to being a tad worried about that. The only good thing is, it was £200 cheaper than June 2021. But, you only get what you pay for. :confused: We’re not planning on any strenuous hikes, this is a chill out and relax holiday. The hotel has a lovely pool and spa area overlooking Windermere, and we can spend all day in there lounging on the sun beds reading. But we won’t, as we’ll be bored! Better pack the walking boots! Going to stop off for a picnic lunch to break the long journey ( it’s all of an hour to get there!), I’ve made some egg and cress sandwiches, from my home grown cress, perfect summer lunch, along with a bag of crisps and a flask of tea, classy!:rofl:

@TinaD I also use a flat iron as a door stop for my dining room. It doesn’t have any personal history for me as we found it in the huge shed when we bought the house, along with a rat trap and other ancient tools. We still use the ancient tools but the rat trap was scrapped!

Have a great day and hope the sun is still shining on you all. Don’t pray for rain until at least Wednesday please, when we’re back home. 😎

Oh my goodness (I can't bring myself to type OMG for some reason!) 13.4 this morning. I know exactly why - because I have become a Cookie Monster and my particular cookies of choice are Grasmere Gingerbread (bad thing about moving to the Lake District) and Dark Choc Ginger Border biscuits. I scoffed 3 of the latter just before bed (which was after midnight). Before my illness and op I NEVER ate biscuits - didn't even have them in the house, but my hubby (fell runner who can't believe his luck that we've moved up here) loves the odd digestive and I love to join him. I'm going to have my second cup of tea and then head out for a walk and see if my levels come down but I know that's like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. I think I need some stiff words of encouragement. Anyway - another glorious day here and I hope where you all are too. Have a lovely one. xxx

Aarrghhh! Just ready for work, about to walk out of the door and feel shaky then eyes go a bit blury. Is it because i'm back at work? Nope, i'm hypo. The alarm went off to stop a drop and i had juice but obviously not enough.

Oh my goodness (I can't bring myself to type OMG for some reason!) 13.4 this morning. I know exactly why - because I have become a Cookie Monster and my particular cookies of choice are Grasmere Gingerbread (bad thing about moving to the Lake District) and Dark Choc Ginger Border biscuits. I scoffed 3 of the latter just before bed (which was after midnight). Before my illness and op I NEVER ate biscuits - didn't even have them in the house, but my hubby (fell runner who can't believe his luck that we've moved up here) loves the odd digestive and I love to join him. I'm going to have my second cup of tea and then head out for a walk and see if my levels come down but I know that's like closing the barn door after the horse has bolted. I think I need some stiff words of encouragement. Anyway - another glorious day here and I hope where you all are too. Have a lovely one. xxx
I love a dark chocolate ginger Border biscuit too. I actually can’t have them in the house anymore. They sell them in our local garage/Spar and if I’m popping in for, say eggs or bread, I just have to go straight to the counter and pay, and then get out quick before my resolve goes. I just buy Aldi’s dark chocolate digestives, 9 grams of carbs, no where near as good as McVities so I’m not usually tempted to have more than one.

I'm joining this morning's 5.8 brigade. 🙂

Dez

Back