Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning. 7.3 - had a stupidly high carb dinner - muesli instead of cooking as I was hot and ...er... cream crackered .. after working on the pond margins in the heat - now 1/4 of the way round. Very slow job when getting up from knees is so difficult and once up time has to be taken to curse the back. Never mind - its progress. Now definitely more like a red herring than salmon...

Family going hme today. It will be quiet without them but they are coming again in July - which should give me a nice interval in which to tidy up. Young Benjie (2) cannot as yet distinguish between toys and other things so the adults spend most of the time rescuing things and putting them out of reach. This explains, for instance, why there is a leather camel drying out on the window sill after a visit to the paddling pool, and a large model of the Flying Scotsman on the book case in the study, an elephant and a set of new strings for the lounger on the top shelf of the hall bookcase. You get the idea.

Sun already blazing down.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Oh I get it, Zara is two years and three months old. The first thing she did when she arrived yesterday was announce she wanted to see “ the watches”. These are mine, not expensive or anything special but I’m a hoarder, they end up scattered all over the house. I have noticed we have a starfish ( not a real one) in the family bathroom along with a gardening book from the bookshelf on the landing. I couldn’t be bothered last night to sort it, I’ll hopefully get round to it today!

I increased the levemir when I was having highs and am in process of bringing it down. Woke at 5 am with the 3.2 during week. Down to 9 units again and monitoring. I do feel hypo when I get below 4. Had a few in the 2's in the eves last week so reduced the novo as well x
Dizzy Di . 8.9 I too am on 1 dose 20 u of levemir on waking. I wake on 8.9, have 2 -3 course breakfast . I Test 2 hrs after breakfast thats coming in @ 11 -15. BUT an hour later has plummeted to 6 and then b4 lunch below 4 (3.6 ish) Thats easily solved with fizzy Appletise and main meal lunch. DN has asked me to try 1u less of Levemir .

Morning all. New sensor says 9.3, finger prick 6.9, after a 2u correction at 3am. Hopefully this sensor will get closer to the finger prick soon as i didn't get chance to give it much 'bedding in time' after the other one suddenly stopped yesterday.

Yesterday ended up sunny and warm by 1pm and today looks as though it might be the same. Need to water the plants before the sun gets on them as i won't have chance tonight. We're going out.

@Bloden the dog, happy birthday!! Such a cute picture.

@eggyg your granddaughters look as though they're having a whale of a time with that butter. What a skill to learn.

Right, i'd better get moving so i'll catch up with everyone in a while. Have a good day!

@Dizzydi
I increased the levemir when I was having highs and am in process of bringing it down. Woke at 5 am with the 3.2 during week. Down to 9 units again and monitoring. I do feel hypo when I get below 4. Had a few in the 2's in the eves last week so reduced the novo as well x
PS Im only 18m into this BUT - when is your last snack or meal b4 bed? -A suitable something b4 bed or hour b4 bed might be of value. Ask here or your DN.
I have a snack between 8 and 9 (BUT i only eat light meal @ 6pm)

PS I made an error treating myself & masked the need for insulin for about 8m. Best to ask an expert i fink.

Snap, it’s a 6.2 for me as well this morning.

Just had a call from the hospital, they have brought forward my CT scan to tomorrow morning instead of Monday morning. Perhaps they are short of work!!

8.9 now on 1 dose insulin am ...... what are the best results for a.m.
How long should one fast for to reduce 8.9 if necessary? I eat main meal at 12.30 plus a lighter meal @ 6pm. Usually a small snack or whey protein drink @ 8-9pm

Good morning - 6.3

Grades for Year 10 mocks were supposed to be released on the online system last Friday but there must have been a glitch as they aren’t there. I get to wear the Year 11 blue shirt and tie after half term! Exciting times!

Have a great day everyone

@Dizzydi

PS Im only 18m into this BUT - when is your last snack or meal b4 bed? -A suitable something b4 bed or hour b4 bed might be of value. Ask here or your DN.

PS I made an error treating myself & masked the need for insulin for about 8m. Best to ask an expert i fink.
@Dizzydi has not been seen for over 6 years, and the post you replied to is about 11 years old! So not very likely you will get a reply from her.🙂

Woken to sound of gushing water but luckily it was outside, my BAD as forgot to turn the tap off for the hose pipe (one of those expanding ones) which had split.
We can't seem to find a light weight hose pipe which doesn't kink, leak, split after a short time.
An impromptu visit by daughter and family and visit to Cadbury World, OMG what a lot of chocolate, some proverbial chocolate teapots for sale in the shop. Tempted but just took a pic.

@Dizzydi

Welcome to the thread @Jenny105 - DizzyDi posted the above on 21 April 2011. I've not seen her post on this thread since I've been on it, which is I think rather more than a year.

Morning all. Some blue and sunshine but a fair bit of cloud. Forecast to clear around 11am and apparently Cornwall will be "as hot as Spain".

A gentle drift down to 3.3 this morning at 8 am. Alarms don't seem to be working. No idea why as I've not changed anything on the phone. I took ONE Lift tablet and half a stem ginger cookie (5.1g) and it's now 8.0 - grrrr!

So... finish the ironing I started yesterday and a friend is calling round for a cuppa/glass of wine at around 5pm. Bet it will be the latter! Hopefully we can sit in the garden as the breeze seems to have dropped.

Happy Birthday to Bloden the Dog!

Gosh @eggyg what a talent your family have! I'd be interested to know where you get 1l whipping cream for £1. Any cream costs a fortune round here.... then perhaps I'll learn to make butter. Any tips?

@ColinUK congrats on the Unicorn.

Have a good day everyone.

Gosh @eggyg what a talent your family have! I'd be interested to know where you get 1l whipping cream for £1. Any cream costs a fortune round here.... then perhaps I'll learn to make butter. Any tips?
It was in Morrisons in their bakery dept. It’s whipping cream so not as fatty as double. £1 is the normal price, I heard about it on a group on FB but have never managed to get any. Mr Eggy popped in to get his Hovis granary bread flour, no other supermarket sells it and wandered over and there it was. It was 10am so maybe getting there early is the trick. He has a small butter churner, it’s basically a Kilner jar with a hand mixer affixed to the lid. It’s fine for a small amount of double cream but it wouldn’t work with the amount of whipping cream we had. So he put it in the food processor, I suppose a stand mixer or hand mixer would work but it takes a while. Mix it until the butter milk separates from it, about 4/5 mins I think it took. It goes yellow. Separate it and wash the butter in icy cold water. Then pat into shape.we added salt crystals at this stage, you could add other flavours if you wish. We’ve frozen the butter milk for soda bread or scones or even butter chicken. I think the butter can be frozen as it may not last as long as commercial butter. I’ve not tried it as I’m trying not to eat diary until my stomach sorts itself out, but apparently it was good. It’s not cheap to make if you use full price double cream but if you’ve leftovers or get a yellow stickered tub it’s worth the effort.

Attachments

• IMG_3242.jpeg
    IMG_3242.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 9
Back