Group 7-day waking average?

5.5 for me this morning. 🙂
No ill effects from the cheese last night. Im fact, I slept like a baby - I know cos I woke up wearing a nappy. :D

Dez

Good morning. 6.1.

Shouldn't have had a cold beer sitting admiring how far I have got with the planting up and ruefully noting how much more there is to do. Its about 30 metres round the edge. However I do not regret it - I came in fell into bed and slept like a log, only waking once - toddle,piddle, zonk!

Mr Wolf and I have already been out inspecting the works - me moving the rest of the gravel and he assisting by demanding gravy bones just as I was getting the barrow over the lumpy bits. Lovely morning here. Not sure if I am developing a suntan or if it is ingrained mulch.

Hope everyone is planning to remain disciplined whilst @ColinUK manages his retreat beautifully. Anyone who fails to love his kindness, humour and decency must be a rum bugger and can be ignored. Go for it if you can Colin.

Have a splendid Friday everyone.

Morning

7.8 today, off for the weekend myself, so can’t take part in the partying while @ColinUK is at the retreat.

@ColinUK - As you say if you are really uncomfortable when you get there you don’t have to stay. Sorry to hear about the bad night and lack of updates from the police.

Well I am in a rut, after three 4.9’s this week and a 5.2 yesterday it’s another
IMG_0171.jpeg

I’m building quite a portfolio of houses here l’m going to have to start renting some out.

Morning all on another glorious day!

Failed to post yesterday as I had a really busy day. It was 3.1 but no alarm went off. I haven't changed anything on my phone, but alarms have stopped. Fixed it with a Lift tablet and a biccie with my morning tea. This morning 5.4 with a flat line overnight. Odd cos I skipped insulin with the very small amount of food I managed at dinnertime.

Yesterday had a lovely lunch with a friend in one of the town parks. The cafe (which has a great outside area) belongs to the art gallery and serves amazing food at low prices. We both enjoyed granary sandwiches absolutely stuffed with prawns for £7.75. We had to sit in the shade as my friend is a fragile flower, whereas I'd normally choose a seat in the sun... but all the same it was so nice being surrounded by trees and sunshine. Must patronise it more often.

We then went back to my friend's house where she helped me take up a long Tshirt type dress and take in a top I love which was hanging on me this year. My relatively modern machine chews up stretch fabric, whereas her much older one deals with it beautifully.

Off to St Awful again today to pick up the new glasses that replace the new glasses I broke after a week.

@ColinUK go for it, you may regret it if you don't at least try it. As everyone has said, you can always leave if you feel uncomfortable, but I think everyone will love you as your genuine self.

@42istheanswer good luck meeting the parents. You're bound to be a bit nervous, but you'll be fine. Looking forward to hearing about it.

@TinaD you continue to amaze me with your energy.

@Barrowman goodness me... you are becoming very predictable... but well done on another HS.

Have a good Friday everyone!

@Barrowman how about this cliff housee12b27d0-ed32-4cd1-bd1b-b4d5a11c5e93-slide1-mountain-house-exterior.jpg

Complete with garden too

I was on the 5.7 step this morning with my diabetes twin. Did a 1.5 unit Levemir increase last night and got it right yet again. WooHoo!! I am on a roll!

Congrats to @Barrowman on another HS and good luck with going for the hattrick tomorrow.

@ColinUK Going to miss you even if it is just for a few days. As @TinaD says, if they don't love you as your authentic self, then they are not worth knowing, but I can understand the challenge of not presenting a facade to "protect" the real you. I am sure it is something that the staff at the retreat see a lot and perhaps have techniques to help overcome. I am sure you will fit in as well there as you do here. We love you and they will too. Hope you have a great time and find it beneficial. .

Well, joining @Barrowman today with a Friday 5.2! (I know, surprised me as much as you guys!)

IMG_2542.png
@ColinUK - hope you’re still about to sort out my house? Seriously, sending all my best for your retreat this weekend, I hope it goes well and you get some good from it.

Take care everyone and enjoy the sunshine!

@Eternal422 Here you go!

IMG_0700.jpeg

And guess who ripped his sensor off his arm by knocking into the train door. Luckily I’ve packed a spare.

@ColinUK I hope you enjoy that retreat and don't worry about the crazy parties. Of course we would wait for you for that! 😉

@Eternal422

Matched to your logo... sort of...

desert-home-wrapped-sand-1-curvy-exterior.jpg

enjoy.

I believe there is water within 200 miles 🙂

I was on the 5.7 step this morning with my diabetes twin. Did a 1.5 unit Levemir increase last night and got it right yet again. WooHoo!! I am on a roll!
Funnily enough I achieved my 5.7 this morning by increasing basal by a unit, rather than taking a novorapid correction at bedtime for a rather high 10.1. Any bolus correction at bedtime seems to send me crashing in the first part of the night.

Good afternoon everyone. 5 this morning.

In a bit of a weird mood/frustrated with myself because I have the day off and the weather is beautiful but I didn't made any plans and I've been sitting around undecided and wasting my time. Well, going to stop that in a minute. Have to go to the pharmacy to check if my prescriptions are ready, as yesterday they suggested to come back today because they had some items missing. After will go for a proper walk, the end destination is Lidl because one has to fill the fridge when she can, but I plan to take the scenic route so it's not just chores today. I'm even putting a book in my bag in case I stop somewhere nice...

Good luck meeting the parents @42istheanswer ! I understand the nerves but you'll be fine. I kind of joked with my man when my dad visited saying he could come for a beer with us but he didn't want. And his parents never visit him in the UK. We are not publicly together anyway, tho I casually said to him he's my man and he agrees...

Good afternoon all. I've not been on for a couple of days as i've been quite stressed. My one ear is still full of wax and should be irrigated next week. I can't hear a thing through it.

Then on Wednesday morning i got up and noticed the other ear was blocked completely too, everything was muffled. After panicking (last time i had a problem with this ear i had severe mastoiditis and several seizures) i got a GP appointment and she said there was no infection but gave me a spray to try. Three days on and things are still no better. I struggle to hear and at work, with the background noise, i've been exhausted with the effort of trying to hear. If its not better by Tuesday i shall have to try and get another appointment.

My levels have been shocking, in double figures more often than not and sometimes corrections have worked and other times not. I'm glad its half term and i can have a rest!

Congrats to whoever has had a HS over the last couple of days.

@freesia - thinking of you, it’s horrible losing hearing, been through that a few years back. Tried the old olive oil treatment and eventually someone suggested an ear syringe which I bought off Amazon and it worked so well! Not sure if you’re meant to do it yourself, but it worked for me and I was so grateful to hear again! Hope you get sorted soon!

Morning from deepest darkest Kent.
It’s so remote here I’m amazed there’s even electricity.

3.6 this morning.

In anticipation of anyone getting a HS today have this in advance:

It’s where I am on this retreat.

IMG_0718.jpeg

Back