Group 7-day waking average?

5.0 this morning but woke up to the pleasure of the below overnight 🙄 This used to happen to me quite frequently, but a bit earlier in the night - past two nights it has happened at the same time. Could have been what I ate, but didn’t eat the same thing two nights running. Might just be the diabetes fairy! I also forgot to turn my high alarm to override do not disturb so completely missed it all (had a great night’s sleep though!) but at least it came back down on its own. I’m going to lower my high alarm down to about 8.5 tonight (nights when this doesn’t happen I rarely go above 6) so I can catch it early - and remember to turn it on!!

Have a good day everyone!
IMG_7782.png

Good morning everyone

BG 5.5

@ColinUK will this help you out, a mail order 'Unicorn land'

71hSbhANKUL._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Today a meet up with the pastor regarding the worship team

No walk tho

Could do with a rest anyway

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning. 6.8.

High thin overcast this morning. I'm a bit grumpy as back and knees complaining about pond works yesterday but much soothed by sight of gleaming water dotted with water lilies. I thought the fish would be horrified and hiding but a handful of pellets brought them boiling to the surface.

Planning a quiet day today - just a run into Lampeter for food and a quick dip into the Vet's for some wormer. I wish we could get a reasonable supermarket there - nothing but Co-op and Sainsbury with eye watering prices. Must be hell for the students.

Have a lovely Thursday.

once I had blown up the boat but it was not a howling success.
I...what...erm....your life is so interesting @TinaD! Whatever next? 🙂)

Morning all. 🙂 6.1 here.

I discovered the secret to a successful all-day basal test yesterday - wait til there’s a mountain of life and work admin to be done, add a bagful of paper to be shredded, make sure the shredder’s temperamental so it can’t all be done in one go, put radio 4 on in the background - the hours just flew by! 😉

5.4 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Newby to the forum. 6.1 today
Welcome to the forum, and to the morning thread. Tell us a bit about yourself, if you’d like, or start a thread on the Newbies section introducing yourself so you can be welcomed properly.
One point, is that your email address in your user name? It might be a good idea to change it, so you don’t attract spam, I’m afraid all forums get trawled by spammers these days, Mike our Admin guy @everydayupsanddowns can help you do it, not sure you can change it yourself.

Newby to the forum. 6.1 today
Welcome to the forum, and to the morning thread. Tell us a bit about yourself, if you’d like, or start a thread on the Newbies section introducing yourself so you can be welcomed properly.
One point, is that your email address in your user name? It might be a good idea to change it, so you don’t attract spam, I’m afraid all forums get trawled by spammers these days, Mike our Admin guy @everydayupsanddowns can help you do it, not sure you can change it yourself.
Morning all 6.3 for me, but 2 dips below 4 since. One dog-walk related, the other a prebolus misjudgement AGAIN.

Really need to up my game on dose timings. Having far too many high 3s because of waiting 5 minutes too long these days

I’ve tweaked your username @GordonA to keep the pesky spammers at bay - let me know if you’d prefer something more esoteric :D

Afternoon! I’ve had a lie in and was rewarded with 6.2, lowest I’ve been for a few days.

Bloodletting and foot tickling went well yesterday, eventually, bit of a struggle getting any blood out. Now furnished with plasters in both elbow pits! Feet good, pulses strong, BP astonishing compared to last year. I walked there, slowly, and was quite early so just relaxed by planning a Italian road trip on Google maps. It worked! The Italian road trip is probably just a pipe dream but I’ve sowed the seed in Mr Eggy’s head. 🙂

Today I’ve no appointments, medical or otherwise and no childcare duties, I’m free as a bird. What a nice feeling.

Have a grand day all. Welcome @GordonA you don’t have to be bonkers to come on this thread but it helps if you are! 😉 @ColinUK just escaped from building me a unicorn enclosure today, 99%! Drat! Your CCC today sounds “ interesting” you could say.🙂

Morning all. 8.0 today but I am still crook. Really worried about this new cough taking ahold of me like last time. Can't stand another year of that. :(

Wozzeck is about a man being bullied into madness and murder by his colleagues, society and a doctor who placed him on a diet of only peas.
Why peas? Bit random innit?

Up actually out of bed early as it's Ascension Day...
Agh, I didn't realise. I am just so lazy and lapsed. 🙄 Plus I've been watching too much Ricky Gervais on TikTok.

Welcome GordonA, I'd have gone with GordonBennett... :rofl:

Morning

8.7 with a tight chest and coughing, oh well, did manage a run last night, although a bit slower so was pleased with that. Hoping my chest eases up enough for yoga this evening.

@GordonA - welcome to this thread, as you have probably noticed as well as our morning readings we have a bit of a chat, so please join in with that.

Morning all - a blue sky with the lightest veil of white over it. Still, it cleared yesterday so maybe it will today? Diffuse sunshine getting through anyway.

5.3 with a straight line overnight, though I had to do a very small correction at bedtime after a latish dinner of ham, egg and sauteed new potatoes. Despite eating 3 main meals for two off it, the Tesco gammon joint I cooked on Sunday is still going.... it's got to be the best value meat you can get!

Had a very convivial interlude in the pub garden with friends last night. Not a lot on today except blood letting for GP's annual diabetoc review. Bet my Hba1c has gone up! Then I think sitting in the garden with a book might be on the cards.

I'm worried about @freesia who hasn't posted with the result of her early morning appointment. The same thing happened to a friend of mine, the sudden deafness in one ear and she was told it was lucky she saw a Dr and got the correct ABs for the condition quickly or it could easily become permanent. She now sees the ENT consultant regularly and has regained 80% of her hearing in that ear.

HUGS to @Grannylorraine hope you feel better soon.

@TinaD how lovely to have a sparkling pond. I love a water feature. We got a fountain for the garden, but hubby chose it and to my disappointment it doesn'r make that lovely tinkling sound I was hoping for.

Welcome to @GordonA do tell us a bit more about yourself.

Have a terrific Thursday all...

I...what...erm....your life is so interesting @TinaD! Whatever next? 🙂)

Morning all. 🙂 6.1 here.

I discovered the secret to a successful all-day basal test yesterday - wait til there’s a mountain of life and work admin to be done, add a bagful of paper to be shredded, make sure the shredder’s temperamental so it can’t all be done in one go, put radio 4 on in the background - the hours just flew by! 😉
Don't know except that it will not include rock climbing or CPD.

Morning

8.7 with a tight chest and coughing, oh well, did manage a run last night, although a bit slower so was pleased with that. Hoping my chest eases up enough for yoga this evening.

@GordonA - welcome to this thread, as you have probably noticed as well as our morning readings we have a bit of a chat, so please join in with that.
Hope the chest eases up - I very much admire your running despite it. @GordonA another welcome - we are a friendly lot.

@Ditto apparently the direct translation is “beans” rather than “peas”.
But there was no explain for either apart from the doctor being a sadist.

And earlier today it was a 5.1 for me, and it is a bright sunny day with a gentle breeze.

Now where's my bike - I'm off......

Back