Group 7-day waking average?

I was 5.3 this morning.
Same as yesterday morning!
Didn't see a reading over 6.0 all day yesterday, which was unusual!

Morning all - a rather brighter day today. Hopefully it will stay that way.

8.7 this morning dropping to 7.1 within an hour. Woken by an alarm at 2am and was 3.3 so treated with 2 Dextrose and half a biccie. That would normally sort me, but the alarm went again at 2:30 and I was still 3.3. So I repeated the same treatment. Shot up to 13.7 at 5 am but left it as I knew it would come down. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of this. Or none that I can figure!

Congratulations to @Robin and @Barrowman. At least cycling across the house counts as exercise!

@eggyg - somewhere in our loft in a box that has never been opened since we moved here are my exams from secretarial college that my mum kept.

Music in th pub garden this afternoon. I might get up and dance if the music appeals. Was dancing round the house to Lionel Richie last night. He brings back some memories! Sitting by the pool in the Sheraton hotel Dubai back in 1979/80 listening to my cheap knock-off walkman playing a cassette tape of Lionel Richie whilst eating a large bowl of yoghurt and fresh fruit, I announced to all present (completely unaware of how loud I was speaking) "This is orgasmic". Lots of shushing from the rest of the crew ensued and my face went beetroot!

Have a super Sunday all.....

A very late morning all.

A 8.4 now. Was a 14.5 at 5am. Again no idea why.

Have a great day. And extra day off tomorrow which I’m looking forward to and the F1 this evening.

4.7 this morning for me after a night bouncing around the red. Mind you, I slept really well, funny how a low BG is conducive to a good sleep! More annoyingly I dropped to 3.3 after 10am today despite my usual porridge which would have given me a spike - well, today it didn’t. Frustrating, as I wanted to get on and do stuff but needed something to eat to stave off the low first 😡. Sometimes this D business is really frustrating and annoying!

Anyway, the sun is shining, so painting the outside meter boxes (including the new one for the solar) and planting some of the new plants we bought the other day to replace the gaps in the garden left by the ones killed by the cold spell earlier in the year (hebe and ceanothus). Looks like the olive tree has had it too, along with the camellia at the front door. Oh well, I look on this as a chance to refresh and try out new, different plants.

Congratulations @Robin and @Barrowman on your HS today!

Have a great day everyone!

@ColinUK what's with the blurry houses? Surely an HS deserves a sharper award?

Something more like this?

rxxa1tgsr76zvxscltfd.jpg

Darned image-autocorrect!!!

Looks like the olive tree has had it too, along with the camellia
When we got back from Scotland we discovered our olive tree hadn’t made it. Apparently there’d been two hard frosts back home. What a shame, had it for years. I now have a lovely big blue National Trust pot to fill. That’s a nice prospect. Haven’t a clue as yet what though.

Was dancing round the house to Lionel Richie last night
“Hello” did you do it “ All night long”? And we’re you “dancing on the ceiling.”? 😉We’re big Lionel and Commodore fans. Three times a Lady was our first dance at our wedding. We went to see him live a few years ago at our local football stadium. We had front row seats ( I won’t tell you how much they cost) and it was surreal that he was actually just feet away from us. The folks in the “ cheap” seats had the last laugh though as, although it was June, the heavens opened and as we were out on the pitch, we were drenched! Still was a brilliant night though.

Attachments

• 60735997-A1E4-4C0D-AADD-09D2B2FFBFF5.jpeg
    60735997-A1E4-4C0D-AADD-09D2B2FFBFF5.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 4
When we got back from Scotland we discovered our olive tree hadn’t made it. Apparently there’d been two hard frosts back home. What a shame, had it for years. I now have a lovely big blue National Trust pot to fill. That’s a nice prospect. Haven’t a clue as yet what though.
Maybe an olive tree?

Fancy something different that I don’t have to drag into the shed in October and drag out again six months later. I’ve always wanted a Japanese acer, not sure how hardy that would be in a pot. I’ll do some research.
They’re fine in pots but being as far north as you as would they be late into leaf and ridiculously early to drop?

What about a native species tree?

Fancy something different that I don’t have to drag into the shed in October and drag out again six months later. I’ve always wanted a Japanese acer, not sure how hardy that would be in a pot. I’ll do some research.
I've had an acer in a pot for 10 years. One of those with the finely "shredded" look leaves. It survives OK at 620 ft AOD.

There are varieties of olive trees that winter well, winter in Jaén or Granada is not mild, but I guess the types they sell here are not hardy.

Good morning everyone

Yesterday evening BG was 5.2 so I was surprised this morning my BG was again 5.2. Yessss. Haven't had one for a while too

Today nothing special planned

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back