Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all on another dull day - just exactly when will winter end here in Cornwall? It's St Ives food festival next weekend (12, 13, 14th) and last year it was full on sunshine. Forecast rain every day this year!

8.7 this morning. We ate dinner far too late last night and I had gone off it, so as a consequence the bolus I had taken was too much and I woke with a low alarm at midnight, which I then over-treated by putting a -70% temp basal on for 2 hours after the dextrose.

Reason for the late dinner was a leaking washing machine with water gushing out.... It's a fitted one but fortunately Julian pulled it out after removing the door and kickboard and found that a pipe was dislodged inside it, so was able to fix it, but it meant you couldn't move in our tiny kitchen and I couldn't prepare food. Still, despite a full 2 days' upheaval we are spared expense due to his brave efforts!

Off to St Awful ASDA opticians today to see if they can mend my broken specs. That'll take most of the day.

Congratulations @khskel on the US tour!

Congrats to @harbottle too on your HS.

Good luck to @eggyg for the potty training!

Have a fabulous friday all...

Morning all on this wet day . 5.0 for me this morning.. No hypo early morning think the drop I made to bolus is kicking in . All I can do as I'm on one unit to 10 carbs . Could try half units I suppose. Doing a lot of walking with dog . We'll get there . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

Morning

6.3 today, after over sleeping, I must of forgot to set my alarm. Today going to go running later, last working day for a week.

@harbottle - congratulations on your HS.

Good morning all. So sorry to see nasty weather for the Coronation. Shame. All those peoples waiting and watching and gonna be miserable, same with the Jubilee. It makes all the difference when the sun shines. 6.8 @ 7.15am have a good day all. 🙂

Very disappointed with a 12.9 this morning. My levels went a bit funny last night. Stayed really stable all afternoon and evening whilst I was out at the theatre. Checked and got a 5.1 as we left the theatre. Walked to the car 10 mins away and tested again as I was about to drive home and got a nice 5.7. 5 mins along the road whilst negotiating the various road layout changes and temporary road works, my alarm went off. Got my friend to pass me a JB and dig in my bag for my reader and scan me and I had suddenly dropped to 4.1. JB brought me nicely up to 5.3 when I got home but I decided that since I was feeling like I was over the worst of my cold I would drop a unit off my basal insulin. I also had a small evening snack of a few stuffed peppadew peppers and a cup of decaf with cream which I injected 2 units for. Next thing levels were heading into double figures and I needed a correction (2u) and then an hour later another 2u correction. Went to bed on 9.6 thinking surely 2X2u stacked corrections would deal with it and half expected a low alarm but I ended up above range all night! I guess my basal reduction was a bad decision! 🙄
I have hit it with 10 units this morning and increased my morning basal by 2u but I am still stuck in double figures so breakfast will be at lunchtime today and I can't really go anywhere until that 10u Fiasp kicks in. Might hit the stairs and see if I climbing a few flights will bring it down.

Congrats to @harbottle on your House Special although I might be a little concerned about the alcohol and exercise induced 2.9. Maybe not a good combination without a few carbs before the walk home.

Morning all on another dull day - just exactly when will winter end here in Cornwall? It's St Ives food festival next weekend (12, 13, 14th) and last year it was full on sunshine. Forecast rain every day this year!

8.7 this morning. We ate dinner far too late last night and I had gone off it, so as a consequence the bolus I had taken was too much and I woke with a low alarm at midnight, which I then over-treated by putting a -70% temp basal on for 2 hours after the dextrose.

Reason for the late dinner was a leaking washing machine with water gushing out.... It's a fitted one but fortunately Julian pulled it out after removing the door and kickboard and found that a pipe was dislodged inside it, so was able to fix it, but it meant you couldn't move in our tiny kitchen and I couldn't prepare food. Still, despite a full 2 days' upheaval we are spared expense due to his brave efforts!

Off to St Awful ASDA opticians today to see if they can mend my broken specs. That'll take most of the day.

Congratulations @khskel on the US tour!

Congrats to @harbottle too on your HS.

Good luck to @eggyg for the potty training!

Have a fabulous friday all...
Love the autocorrect for St Austell! It's not that bad!

Good afternoon everyone! 5'1 this morning.

I had a couple of exciting (for me) events this week. I got myself a second hand Fitbit which can help track quite a few things. Some can be interesting to explore but don't want to get overwhelmed so now focusing in my original reasons to buy: step count and just check the time. I was actually looking for a watch when I found this for a cheap price and in a lovely colour and said "why not?". Had so many customers asking me about my daily steps that it made me curious! :rofl:

I also told the man I've been seen for months that I love him. He was caught off guard and said he'd save his answer for next time. Then he hugged me tight and said "I hope you are not upset, you know you are my [cute nickname we use]" so I'm still happy. I was afraid that he could act weird if I told him how I feel but he was absolutely normal for the rest of the evening, even a bit extra affectionate after a glass of wine. Oh, and he had brought me some chocolate, which is not ideal for a diabetic but the romantic side of me takes it as a win 😉

Oh, I thought she wrote it on purpose! :D
Well, sort of - I overheard a local radio personality call it that a while ago and it made me laugh.

To be honest @silentsquirrel I've never been into the town itself, only on the ringroad which is.... well, a typical ring road through one industrial estate after another.

@Elenka_HM hope your man's answer is the one you are hoping for!

I never came to post earlier, was rushing around after I took it to have shower and dress and take kids to get train to school and then was busy when I got home from that too. 5.6 for me this morning, which given I had what I would call an unsuccessful experiment with sushi last night I was very happy with.

Congratulations @harbottle on your HS!

@Elenka_HM I always find it so complex knowing when to say those little words if the man doesn't say them first, I'm glad that the evening still ended well and hope that he is able to say them (and mean them) soon.

@Elenka_HM I always find it so complex knowing when to say those little words if the man doesn't say them first, I'm glad that the evening still ended well and hope that he is able to say them (and mean them) soon.

Thank you! I think the "mean them" is key here. In a way I'm glad he didn't reply straight away, even if I'm nervous, because I wouldn't want a mindless answer just to get out of the conversation.

I was so happy to read about you and your new man, I guess for my own situation I am more emotional about this stuff...in a good way! xx

5.5 and I’ve got builders in as I need to enlarge the stable to make room for yet another unicorn.

Good morning everyone.

BG is a bit puzzling this morning 5.1 but then 30 seconds later on the other side of the same finger 4.5. So which do I take? Higher, lower, an average??? Does the big difference (which is allowable) mean that I am due a whole stack of houses as those near misses come within the difference gap 🙂
Today more vocal training, more keyboard practice, exercise on the beach, fish for tea. All good.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Or take them both as 5.2 yessss. House please

6.2 for me today! Pawprint special of the random rise didn’t ruin my TIR so my unicorn is back! Think it will flee soon though as my plans today involve crumpets, cake and not a lot of activity :rofl:

Morning all. 5.0 for me. 🙂

Off to a Welsh music fezzie today (where did I put those tie-dye dungarees?). Last year it was very low-key but it looks like they’ve upped their game (according to the website). Need to get a couple of foldy chairs before we set off - I can’t stand up all day! 🙂

Back