Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and 8.4 for me but given the circumstances I'm not beating myself up about it.
@Carlos I've started giving my age in hex and I'm looking forward to my 40th next year

Any way dressing changed and managed a quick shower.

I think snooker on the cards to day. Last day of the crucible.

Have a good day everyone

@Grannylorraine how about this one. The stairs might be a tad awkward tho

flying-house-castelnuovo-italy-designboom-600.jpg

@rebrascora You callin’ me fat?! 😎

Thank you for the explanation. It makes sense, especially when my carb intake up to that point yesterday had been about 20g.

Happy May Day. 6.4 @ 8.44am 🙂

Q. Does the Libre2 sensor box come with an applicator each time or do I have to hold to the one I’ve got?

And when it dies how do I remove it or will it just fall off by itself?

Yes I’ve decided to carry on with it for at least another month so I can learn more.

Good morning. 6.2.

Horrible, drizzy, grey outside. Met office promising an evening improvement. Harrumph - I want sunshine.

Went to local plant nursery yesterday for a few bags of compost, received a free cuppa and came back with 3 large bushes...oh, and the compost! At £75 that is the dearest T-bag ever squeezed. Scurried about with my sack truck getting them planted up and positioned in 50 litre pots. Expected a back like a redhot fakir's couch of nails but all OK this morning. Steroids are wonderful..pity about the side effects. It is going to be a struggle to get consistently back into the 5 zone - more ruddy steak and salad etc.

Made a crustless quiche full of green veggies - dreary - I bet King Charles gets a crust on his. No royal fervour here - planning on spending coronation day weeding rather than spitting feathers at watching an air conditioned gold coach etc. What happened to "largesse"? I might summon up a bit of enthusiam if he started his formal reign with massive gifts to the poor instead of freezing on to his untaxed billions. Wants us all to pledge loyalty? Blow that for a game of soldiers - let him earn it. Double Harrumph!

Wishing everyone a good week and many handsome houses.

Q. Does the Libre2 sensor box come with an applicator each time or do I have to hold to the one I’ve got?

And when it dies how do I remove it or will it just fall off by itself?

Yes I’ve decided to carry on with it for at least another month so I can learn more.
Yes , it comes with a new applicator every time.
Sometimes the sensor is ready to fall off and comes off easily, other times it’s fastened on like a limpet and I have to pick at the edges for ages until I can find a loose bit, then once you’ve got purchase, the whole thing peels off. Some people use baby oil or something like that which acts as a solvent on the glue, which helps get it unstuck.

It’s getting like a estate agents on this thread with all these houses - congrats to all those 5.2 today.

I could only manage a 4.8 myself but I’m happy with that I’ve had my share of houses in the past.

Have a happy bank holiday folks and stay safe.

@rebrascora You callin’ me fat?! 😎

Thank you for the explanation. It makes sense, especially when my carb intake up to that point yesterday had been about 20g.
But what protein or fat intake? In the absence of carbs your body will convert fats and proteins into glucose - your brain is constantly demanding glucose! This also demonstrates that a single set of readings (or snapshot) should not be 'over- interpreted'. I wonder if you would get the same result if you tried this again.

What was great was that your body managed the ice cream treat extremely well and your normal diet and D management is keeping you in a good place. It would be worth experimenting more to find some boundaries for when things don't work quite so well - to identify what foods are a real " No-No".

It could be useful to others coming in new to D to see your running narrative about your initial apprehension and consequent results as a separate posting and thread.

But what protein or fat intake? In the absence of carbs your body will convert fats and proteins into glucose - your brain is constantly demanding glucose! This also demonstrates that a single set of readings (or snapshot) should not be 'over- interpreted'. I wonder if you would get the same result if you tried this again.

What was great was that your body managed the ice cream treat extremely well and your normal diet and D management is keeping you in a good place. It would be worth experimenting more to find some boundaries for when things don't work quite so well - to identify what foods are a real " No-No".

It could be useful to others coming in new to D to see your running narrative about your initial apprehension and consequent results as a separate posting and thread.
That’s a good point about usefulness of the sensor and my attitude around it.

I’ll look at spinning something off into a new thread.

As for protein and fats that was ok. Cheese, chicken, olive oil were all consumed in moderate amounts during the day (along with a simple green salad).

I’ll have to retest the ice cream another day. Oh the sacrifices I make in the name of scientific research!

Morning all - a lot more blue in the sky this morning. Hopefully a lot more sun to come.

6.8 this morning, looked OK overnight.

I followed last night's chicken recipe to a T, timings, carefully weighed ingredients etc. and it came out looking nothing like this:
960-2023D049_SPRING_CHICKEN_2-768x960.jpgIn fact, despite colouring the chicken initially it looked like a grey dead body floating in a bath with bits of pale seaweed surrounding it! I do think leaving all the veg apart from the watercress in the dish for half an hour was OTT. If I ever cook it again (unlikely) I will put all the veg in right before serving. However, our neighbour said it tasted delicious. I think she was being polite. I redeemed myself a bit with the white chocolate orange coated strawberries I think. Anyway, we shall be dining on leftovers tonight.

@ColinUK... Sorry, I couldn't live in that house hanging from a rock above the clouds... but then I have vertigo at heights.

@rebrascora & @ColinUK I thought it was first phase insulin reaction that was normally faulty in T2s. Mostly the 2nd phase insulin kicks in to mop stuff up so that a decent level is seen at 3 hours. Not surprised that you are different though @ColinUK !!!! LOL! Keep up the experimenting.

Congratulations @Eternal422 on 2 HSs in a row and @Grannylorraine on today's HS.

Have a good day all. Only exciting thing on my horizon for today is a video chat with a friend in France.

Joining @ColinUK today with a 5.2 😎

View attachment 25674
Been up hours when I could have slept in, always the way. Mind is full of thinking about what needs to be done. Decorating went well yesterday and we sold the old desk from the office so everything is now ready to get the new furniture in place.

My wife has to work today, so we’re having a break in the decorating and I’ll do some gardening instead.

Have a good Bank Holiday everyone, whatever you are doing.
Congratulations, again. I’m not jealous or anything you understand! 😉

Good morning everyone! 4'5.

Not the best start of the day, missed my alarm (I don't even remember delaying or ignoring it!) and woke up 5 minutes before the time I was supposed to start work. It takes me around 25 minutes to get there so no chance to be on time. Luckily my colleagues had a laugh about it instead of getting angry.

With all the rush I decided to pop my Levemir in my handbag and injecting at work a bit later. But then I thought, let's make it an experiment and not use basal today. It's something I had in my mind for a while, I'm curious of how my body would react, given I'm in a pretty small dose anyway. Want to see how much difference that makes. I'm a bit worried in case it goes wrong but well, I have Libre to keep an eye on things and carrying both basal and fast acting in my bag today.

Good morning. 6.2.

Horrible, drizzy, grey outside. Met office promising an evening improvement. Harrumph - I want sunshine.

Went to local plant nursery yesterday for a few bags of compost, received a free cuppa and came back with 3 large bushes...oh, and the compost! At £75 that is the dearest T-bag ever squeezed. Scurried about with my sack truck getting them planted up and positioned in 50 litre pots. Expected a back like a redhot fakir's couch of nails but all OK this morning. Steroids are wonderful..pity about the side effects. It is going to be a struggle to get consistently back into the 5 zone - more ruddy steak and salad etc.

Made a crustless quiche full of green veggies - dreary - I bet King Charles gets a crust on his. No royal fervour here - planning on spending coronation day weeding rather than spitting feathers at watching an air conditioned gold coach etc. What happened to "largesse"? I might summon up a bit of enthusiam if he started his formal reign with massive gifts to the poor instead of freezing on to his untaxed billions. Wants us all to pledge loyalty? Blow that for a game of soldiers - let him earn it. Double Harrumph!

Wishing everyone a good week and many handsome houses.
Just read a funny comment on FB, someone said the only pledge on their TV will be when they dust it! :rofl: I won’t be watching either. Not my thing at all. Archaic clap trap.

Morning all - a lot more blue in the sky this morning. Hopefully a lot more sun to come.

6.8 this morning, looked OK overnight.

I followed last night's chicken recipe to a T, timings, carefully weighed ingredients etc. and it came out looking nothing like this:
View attachment 25684In fact, despite colouring the chicken initially it looked like a grey dead body floating in a bath with bits of pale seaweed surrounding it! I do think leaving all the veg apart from the watercress in the dish for half an hour was OTT. If I ever cook it again (unlikely) I will put all the veg in right before serving. However, our neighbour said it tasted delicious. I think she was being polite. I redeemed myself a bit with the white chocolate orange coated strawberries I think. Anyway, we shall be dining on leftovers tonight.

@ColinUK... Sorry, I couldn't live in that house hanging from a rock above the clouds... but then I have vertigo at heights.

@rebrascora & @ColinUK I thought it was first phase insulin reaction that was normally faulty in T2s. Mostly the 2nd phase insulin kicks in to mop stuff up so that a decent level is seen at 3 hours. Not surprised that you are different though @ColinUK !!!! LOL! Keep up the experimenting.

Congratulations @Eternal422 on 2 HSs in a row and @Grannylorraine on today's HS.

Have a good day all. Only exciting thing on my horizon for today is a video chat with a friend in France.
So they’ve seared the asparagus and then put it in the pot for half an hour?? That had to be a mistake surely.

I was a bit high this morning - 5.4🙂

The run of 5.2 well and truly broken!

So they’ve seared the asparagus and then put it in the pot for half an hour?? That had to be a mistake surely.
Exactly and I should have known better! I'm going to post on their website. I did and gave it only 2 stars with a complaint about the instructions.

Last edited:
Exactly and I should have known better! I'm going to post on their website. I did and gave it only 2 stars with a complaint about the instructions.
Sometimes we’re all guilty of following a recipe because it’s been written that way and we know it’s wrong.
It’s most fun when it comes to baking of course.

Back