Group 7-day waking average?

Cue snow…
I expect the Daily Mail already has a headline ready to roll : “Wall of snow to hit Britain over Bank Holiday” :rofl:

Been a week of perforations... I feel like a tea bag.:(
Had the Covid booster earlier and then the other day, a 12 weekly Zoladex injection delivered by what can only be described as a 'small nail' on the end of a syringe. Placed not so delicately in the stomach o_O.
Felt a bit rough to say the least! The only saving grace was that I bought a new eBike!
6.6 this morning.
Oh, and the nurse pinned me down to an Hba1c blood test next week. Not looking forward to that result as the aforementioned medication raises all the BG levels :(.
Sunny Sunday everyone x

@khskel Hi I started way back on a Roland JV80, then moved to a Roland XP80 and now play the Korg PA4X. It's a bit intimidating with so many options, but I mastered (and taught Photoshop) so the keyboard should be no trouble.

I have just joined a local worship team and I will use the Korg there.

Should be fun, fulfilling...

Would say morning, but it's well into the afternoon. Grey and misty this morning but the odd moment of sun has broken through a few times this afternoon.

8.1 this morning. Possibly due to overcompensating when the alarm woke me at 01:30 having only put the light out at 12:40. Then knocking my Omnipod off my arm on the edge of the mattress at 06:30. Went down and got insulin vial which was really cold, fell asleep again with it in my armpit to warm it (filling syringes with very cold insulin = lots of bubbles) and eventually managed to put a new pod on around 7:30 - so an hour without pumpy... then fell asleep again.

@freesia Please don't tell too much about Jim Broadbent film as am goind on Tue... but to be honest I've seen the trailer and that more or less told the full tale!

@Eternal422 and @42istheanswer congrats on the HSs.

Gotta run - neighbour coming for dinner and I'm doing a pot roast chicken recipe from this month's Delicious mag and it looks a bit complicated!

Have a good day all.

Please don't tell too much about Jim Broadbent film as am goind on Tue
I won't. I'll just say we thought it was good and wait until Tuesday to discuss it.

Numbers are a thing on their own, independent of how we write them. We normally use decimal notation, with positional value, ie, first place is units, second place tens and so on.

Decimal means that we have ten symbols and once you reach the largest value symbol, 9, you roll to the next position.

Hexadecimal is base sixteen, so the first position goes up up to fifteen before rolling over. To represent this we use A for ten, B for eleven and so on. F represents fifteen, so 10hex is 16dec, and FFFhex is 4095dec. To convert FFF to decimal you can do 15 × 16 × 16 + 15 × 16 + 15.

Hexadecimal is used in computing often, as a more compact way of writing binary, which is base two, as sixteen is two to the power of four
Eh? :confused: :rofl:

@eggyg @freesia I think you’ll find that those are called “essentials in life” and not rubbish!

1682902129408.png
WHITE RABBITS!!!

Bonjour. 5.2

In a move to further understand wtf my body can cope with I had ice cream last night. Full fat. Full sweet. Ice cream. And deliberately quite a hefty portion of it. Not an absurd portion but just a generous one.

I was 6.1 at 20:23 and here’s the chart for the two hours after eating:

IMG_0490.jpeg

So there’s an obvious spike but the recovery is equally obvious. Or so you’d think if using a finger prick and testing two hours post. That wouldn’t show what happened next whereas the Libre does.

IMG_0491.jpeg

I went to bed at roughly 11pm and was asleep by midnight.

I’m finding these double spikes are a recurring feature for me and they suggest that two hours post finger pricks don’t show me the true picture.

Here’s the day in full:
IMG_0492.jpeg

It didn’t impact TIR and as the rest of the day was pretty flat I’m wondering if it’s that rest that slowed the pancreas to get things under control so fast initially. But it’s that second spike I think might be more important. That it’s there isn’t a surprise but I’d expect it to be less than the initial one as the pendulum swing of the body correcting levels kicks into action. But it isn’t. It’s almost the exact same profile as the first.

I’m not doing this to excuse or permit a return to old eating habits but rather to understand what’s happening inside me so I can make better choices.

To that end I’m curious to know if anyone else sees similar double spikes and also what folks think about them and the results above.

Thanks all.

(CCC to follow later this morning when I’ve written it!)

And I’m expecting fabulous architect designed houses to celebrate my rare HS. Not that I’m asking much.

Morning all. 6.6 on this Bank Holiday Monday. It means nowt to me, everyday is a Bank Holiday when you’re retired. In fact it’s the only thing I miss about work, looking forward to a “ free” day off!

And as befitting a BH, it is damp and miserable. Good job I’ve nothing more exciting planned than to make a fish pie.

Have a great day everyone, whatever mundane or exciting things you are doing. 🙂

Back