Group 7-day waking average?

And it’s a happy 5.6 for me this second sunny morning on the trot…. I could get used to this.

I’ve done to much gardening this week so I’m considering washing the car this morning and then resting for the remainder of the day ~ whether that will happen is another thing.
Fine! Wash the car, make it rain! Ruin the day for the rest of us!

Morning all and 7.0 for me after a dreamless codeine assisted sleep.

Seems a little less twingy this morning.

@Gwynn what keyboard do you have? I was lucky enough to get a Korg Kronos at a very substantial discount. He'll of a learning curve but worth the effort.

Have a good day everyone.

Fine! Wash the car, make it rain! Ruin the day for the rest of us!
Okay car wash cancelled, I’ll clean the house windows instead they need doing.

Morning all. I had a lovely nights sleep without the sensor, no alarms going off, but i woke to a 2.7!! Now 5.8 and breakfast ready. Plans for today are hanging washing out, cooking a ham joint and a soak in the bath while its in the oven then applying the new sensor to activate later. Fingers crossed its third time lucky!

Off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Unlikely Pilgramage of Harold Fry.

Congrats to @Eternal422 and @42istheanswer on the HS.

@ColinUK where on earth do you find these weird and wonderful houses :rofl:?

@Barrowman don't clean the windows!! That will guarantee rain, or a pigeon hitting the window as has happened to mine 😡!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Those little mouse houses were apparently built in a garden by a bloke who saw lots of mice in his garden.
He said he thought they looked like they needed homes so he ended up building them a little village…

IMG_0474.jpegIMG_0478.jpegIMG_0475.jpegIMG_0477.jpegIMG_0476.jpegIMG_0479.jpegIMG_0480.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0481.jpeg
    IMG_0481.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 6
5.9 for me this morning and a near enough straight on my graph overnight which is impressive because I came down with cold symptoms last night, so I jabbed 3.5 units of Levemir instead of the zero the previous night. I was going to go with 4 and then dialed it back half a unit and that was clearly a good decision. I have upped my morning dose to 22 again, so an increase of 5.5units of Levemir over the 24hr period, so will see how we get on. Will do a lateral flow test once I am half an hour clear of food and drink. Hoping it isn't Covid as I hardly ever go anywhere and it is "Sod's law" I have that dance show tonight and then the Chinese Banquet tomorrow night. I don't think I have been ill with a cold since diagnosis 4 years ago, so I am on a learning curve, but so far so good with my levels.

Many congrats to @Eternal422 and @42istheanswer on your House Specials this morning and especially @Eternal422 for achieving it following an Indian meal. Very impressive!

@khskel Hope you are fully recovered soon and the op was a success.

@freesia Good luck with the new sensor. Bit of a shocking start to the day today. Hope you are OK.
I do wonder if our test strips might become compromised now that we use them less frequently and it takes longer to get through a pot. I never used to mark my pots with the date of opening because I tested so often that it was never going to last more than a couple of weeks but now I guess that I am frequently going over a month and I am starting to suspect that the readings I am getting from my BG meter are not as reliable as I thought they were. In some respects I am hoping that is the case for you and that 2.7 this morning was actually not quite as bad as that number suggests. Have you tested your strips with control solution? I am just wondering if you are assuming it is the Libre sensors which are faulty, when it might be your BG meter/test strips.

Off to the cinema this afternoon to see The Unlikely Pilgramage of Harold Fry.
I’m expecting a commentary called Freesia’s Film Foughts

@rebrascora my DSN (when i had one) prescribed the Freestyle Libre test strips which the GP has carried on. Each strip is individually wrapped with the expiry date on which is well within time. I think i just had a bad batch of sensors as they were both picked up from the same prescription. It was surprising how quickly you forget how sore your fingers get with constant pricking.

I'm ok thanks. It was a bit of a shock to wake to that but it quickly went up after some OJ.

I’m expecting a commentary called Freesia’s Film Foughts
@ColinUK i doubt i could ever be as eloquent or witty as you with a review. I love the tbought of FFF though :rofl:

I loved that book so reluctant to see the film. I will wait for your thoughts.
I've not read the book but it had a really good review in the paper by someone who had also read the book. Anything with Jim Broadbent is usually good

Shows what I was doing before I was forcibly retired! I immediately thought "4095"! Anybody else do that? HTML colour codes also came to mind. 🙂
Not got a clue what any of that means. I know what HTML is but didn’t know it was colour coded and no idea what 4095 means.
What is it?

Nope. Still don't get it.
Numbers are a thing on their own, independent of how we write them. We normally use decimal notation, with positional value, ie, first place is units, second place tens and so on.

Decimal means that we have ten symbols and once you reach the largest value symbol, 9, you roll to the next position.

Hexadecimal is base sixteen, so the first position goes up up to fifteen before rolling over. To represent this we use A for ten, B for eleven and so on. F represents fifteen, so 10hex is 16dec, and FFFhex is 4095dec. To convert FFF to decimal you can do 15 × 16 × 16 + 15 × 16 + 15.

Hexadecimal is used in computing often, as a more compact way of writing binary, which is base two, as sixteen is two to the power of four

Numbers are a thing on their own, independent of how we write them. We normally use decimal notation, with positional value, ie, first place is units, second place tens and so on.

Decimal means that we have ten symbols and once you reach the largest value symbol, 9, you roll to the next position.

Hexadecimal is base sixteen, so the first position goes up up to fifteen before rolling over. To represent this we use A for ten, B for eleven and so on. F represents fifteen, so 10hex is 16dec, and FFFhex is 4095dec. To convert FFF to decimal you can do 15 × 16 × 16 + 15 × 16 + 15.

Hexadecimal is used in computing often, as a more compact way of writing binary, which is base two, as sixteen is two to the power of four
This is why i work with 4-7 year olds. I don't have to explain this. Very complicated it seems.

Back