Group 7-day waking average?

And a 4.4 for me this morning, where did that come from I wonder!!
It’s a nice sunny morning here just for a change, and with a light breeze it’s my sort of weather for a bike ride me thinks.

Morning folks.

It was a 5.9 for me this morning but only because I had a 2unit correction at 4.40am and a couple of stacked corrections at bedtime, despite no evening meal. Levels kept dropping low during the morning yesterday despite my 2 unit Levemir reduction. Managed to fit in a 4 mile walk including hauling haylage and feed up the hill for horses at 4pm, but then my levels started to go up about 6am and needed a correction which was a surprise after my walk as I expected the alarm to be a low alarm not a high...and then 2 more corrections at bedtime and another through the night.... Have stuck with the 20 units again today but typing it out like this I am wondering if I might not have been better going back to 22 or will perhaps split it again and have 2 tonight and see if that helps. Heading off to the shops today for animal and human feed. I haven't had any yoghurt for days for my breakfast and now no cream for my coffee which is my little luxury, but ultimately it is the empty horse feed bag which will prompt me to head out there. My old lady, Cora, needs her daily feed to keep a little flesh on her bones... and to get her anti inflammatory pain killer into her.
Got a couple of interesting events over the weekend. Going to see Johannes Radebe dance show on Sunday night and then a Chinese Banquet on Monday night.

Absolutely loved your daily holiday updates and photos @eggyg and can't believe you managed such a great result with no evening Levemir... Just WOW!

I notice that @harbottle is using different BG meters to display HSs so clearly not the meter stuck unless doing several tests with a variety of meters in order to get all these HSs. 🙄 Congrats on yet another one!!

@Lily123 That really is rude of your dentist to talk over you. I assume you must have told them that you drink coke since they would not know otherwise. It worries me about the damage that eating JBs through the night might be doing to my teeth, so I can understand the concern but keeping yourself alive is more important than your teeth in this situation. I know you have mentioned about using a straw in the past but actually the sugar in the coke will absorb more quickly in your mouth than sucking it straight down, so a straw may not be an ideal solution anyway. Try not to let it get to you, but totally understandable that it did.

Morning folks.

It was a 5.9 for me this morning but only because I had a 2unit correction at 4.40am and a couple of stacked corrections at bedtime, despite no evening meal. Levels kept dropping low during the morning yesterday despite my 2 unit Levemir reduction. Managed to fit in a 4 mile walk including hauling haylage and feed up the hill for horses at 4pm, but then my levels started to go up about 6am and needed a correction which was a surprise after my walk as I expected the alarm to be a low alarm not a high...and then 2 more corrections at bedtime and another through the night.... Have stuck with the 20 units again today but typing it out like this I am wondering if I might not have been better going back to 22 or will perhaps split it again and have 2 tonight and see if that helps. Heading off to the shops today for animal and human feed. I haven't had any yoghurt for days for my breakfast and now no cream for my coffee which is my little luxury, but ultimately it is the empty horse feed bag which will prompt me to head out there. My old lady, Cora, needs her daily feed to keep a little flesh on her bones... and to get her anti inflammatory pain killer into her.
Got a couple of interesting events over the weekend. Going to see Johannes Radebe dance show on Sunday night and then a Chinese Banquet on Monday night.

Absolutely loved your daily holiday updates and photos @eggyg and can't believe you managed such a great result with no evening Levemir... Just WOW!

I notice that @harbottle is using different BG meters to display HSs so clearly not the meter stuck unless doing several tests with a variety of meters in order to get all these HSs. 🙄 Congrats on yet another one!!

@Lily123 That really is rude of your dentist to talk over you. I assume you must have told them that you drink coke since they would not know otherwise. It worries me about the damage that eating JBs through the night might be doing to my teeth, so I can understand the concern but keeping yourself alive is more important than your teeth in this situation. I know you have mentioned about using a straw in the past but actually the sugar in the coke will absorb more quickly in your mouth than sucking it straight down, so a straw may not be an ideal solution anyway. Try not to let it get to you, but totally understandable that it did.

Yes… I have two Contour meters that I use, They tend to move around a bit and are usually in different places. Which one I use depends on where I am when I decide to test and which one is nearest. Levels have been very stable in the last week, though. I’m about to book a new test so tend to do a lot more finger pricking beforehand to get an idea of how things are going.

Well that’s my mood given a swift kicking.
Opened a cupboard and the furry visitor(s) left clear evidence of their presence.
This cupboard only contains tinned and jarred stuff and the labels have been gnawed. It was fine the other day.
Baited traps are down and I can’t escape the feeling of wanting to rip the cabinets off the walls and block any entry points they’re using.
There will be so many ways in given that the building is so old.
I really don’t want to kill the mouse/mice/mices/moose/mouses but needs must.

(Just venting here)

Last edited:
Morning all and 7.2 for me. Got out out of hospital yesterday evening. Feeling a bit sore but haven't had to take any codeine yet.

Two of the nurses I saw yesterday were T1s so we swapped sensor/phone apps stories. Really impressed that they took a finger prick reading of 6.3 and the libre gave a 6.4

My plans are to do as little as possible for the next couple of days.

Have a good day everyone.

Thanks @ColinUK. We sometimes get wood mice in the house. I use humane traps and release them in a local park. Peanut butter is the bait they seem to go for the most.
Unfortunately that’s not really an option here as it’s such a built up area.
Houses are almost 200 years old. There’s a canal, an underground stream and railway tracks nearby so mice have always lived around here but I’ve not seen them before.
The building at the end of the run of houses has been demolished and is now a huge construction site so that’s going to have made lots of the furry buggers search further afield I guess.
Nowhere to humanely release so it’s execution only. I’m now reminded of Life of Brian and the “Crucifixion?” scene but with mice. :rofl:

Good morning. 5.8.
Forecast was for mist/drizzle etc but woke to brilliant sunshine. Bonus!

Attacked Wolf with the clippers yesterday as the screams of anguish, probably feigned, dissuaded me from trying to comb out any more mats. Now have a GSD with a bum like a dead sheep after the crows. 90% of the mats are gone but the entire area is bald with tufts - not a good look. Will have to suggest "sit, give paw" if we meet strangers...

Finished the strawberry bed and only have 50 litres of used compost left to spread about. MIchael coming on Tueday to finish pressure washing which will bring the great spring clean up to an end. Eagerly awaiting ordered plants - a few to fill in gaps in beds and 30 bare root strawberries for the hydroponics. Fruit trees in flower but almost no bees which is depressing. Enthusiastic visits to bird feeders and diving in and out of nest boxes suggests chicks - need to look into cameras for the boxes for next year.

Planting 15 buddleias behind the stables today - I potted them on last year from seedlings which popped up in the veggie beds. Should encourage even more butterflies as well as fill in a gap in the hedge.

Have a good day everyone.

Unfortunately that’s not really an option here as it’s such a built up area.
Houses are almost 200 years old. There’s a canal, an underground stream and railway tracks nearby so mice have always lived around here but I’ve not seen them before.
The building at the end of the run of houses has been demolished and is now a huge construction site so that’s going to have made lots of the furry buggers search further afield I guess.
Nowhere to humanely release so it’s execution only. I’m now reminded of Life of Brian and the “Crucifixion?” scene but with mice. :rofl:

Bacon rind is good - they have to tug it so it triggers the trap. Forget humane - did you wander about peeing on their dinner?

Bacon rind is good - they have to tug it so it triggers the trap. Forget humane - did you wander about peeing on their dinner?
As a good Jew I’ve never had bacon so rind wouldn’t be high up on my list of bait foods!

Pl
Good morning 🙂 8.4 for me this morning 🙂 Noticing that my insulin requirements have taken a phase shift, and what worked for me a week ago (and had been pretty predictable for a couple of months!) now fails to keep me in range. I was 98% in range last week, this morning 88%, which is still good, but a clear sign something has changed. Of course, it will probably change again next week! 😱 🙄
Same here I've just had to drop bolus another two points. See if I can stop these pesky hypos

Morning all - yet more of the same wall to wall grey, although yesterday afternoon the sun came out for about 3 hours. I had gone out in the thick quilted jacket that I'd needed the day before and had to remove it to walk around in a thin jumper only!

4.2 this morning. The alarm woke me from a deep slumber at 09:30 which was just as well or I might have lost the entire morning!

@pawprint91 I've never been anywhere near a Zizzi but I looked it up, the menu looks delicious. Glad you enjoyed it!

@eggyg your photos today are totally stunning, what beautiful scenery! Have a good journey home!

@ColinUK good luck with the mouse hunt.

@Lily123 would it be worth swilling your mouth out well with water after the coke? Just a suggestion and I'd have been furious about the way the dentist talked over you too! Rude in the extreme!

@harbottle - what can I say except Congratulations yet again!

@khskel get well soon!

I may be wrong but I don't think we've seen @Michael12421 for a couple of days, which is a little concerning.

Nothing much on today.... some ironing and cooking salmon fillets with a creamed spinach/bean dish. We had the spinach thing last weekend but we both enjoyed it so much I am repeating it.

Have a good Bank Holiday all.

@Pattidevans I can do that with the water but only when I’m at home and when I’m out at school and such I can’t. I’m not expecting the dentist to understand that I need to have cokes but it does make me wonder if everyone gets told this. As to the talking over me thing it was more the dentist completely ignored I was sat there and just spoke to my stepdad. Anything up the hospital they are the opposite and completely ignore my parents for the most part

@Lily123 could you drink the coke through a straw? Not sure how true this is but my mum always used to give me a straw for fizzy drinks when I was a (non diabetic) kid, as I think she'd heard drinking through a straw coats your teeth in sugar less. Not sure how true this is as I say, but it does kind of makes sense (goes straight down your throat unless you swill it about like a mouthwash first :rofl: ) and I didn't have any fillings until I was over 18 and therefore had been in full charge of my own teeth for a good few years! Just a suggestion maybe? Rude dentist though!

@Lily123 could you drink the coke through a straw? Not sure how true this is but my mum always used to give me a straw for fizzy drinks when I was a (non diabetic) kid, as I think she'd heard drinking through a straw coats your teeth in sugar less. Not sure how true this is as I say, but it does kind of makes sense (goes straight down your throat unless you swill it about like a mouthwash first :rofl: ) and I didn't have any fillings until I was over 18 and therefore had been in full charge of my own teeth for a good few years! Just a suggestion maybe? Rude dentist though!
I do use as straw when I can but it does slow down the absorption of the coke so it’s not sensible to do so

Not suggesting you eat it as I recognise bacon is non-kosher but I have no reason to suppose that mice are religious. Any outlet preparing the dreaded BLT is likely to be throwing some out...
Can’t even have it in the house! Not knowingly anyway. Now if someone brought some in and baited the traps with it but did it without my knowledge that would be ok.

Yes I know religions have bonkers rules.

Morning all - yet more of the same wall to wall grey, although yesterday afternoon the sun came out for about 3 hours. I had gone out in the thick quilted jacket that I'd needed the day before and had to remove it to walk around in a thin jumper only!

4.2 this morning. The alarm woke me from a deep slumber at 09:30 which was just as well or I might have lost the entire morning!

@pawprint91 I've never been anywhere near a Zizzi but I looked it up, the menu looks delicious. Glad you enjoyed it!

@eggyg your photos today are totally stunning, what beautiful scenery! Have a good journey home!

@ColinUK good luck with the mouse hunt.

@Lily123 would it be worth swilling your mouth out well with water after the coke? Just a suggestion and I'd have been furious about the way the dentist talked over you too! Rude in the extreme!

@harbottle - what can I say except Congratulations yet again!

@khskel get well soon!

I may be wrong but I don't think we've seen @Michael12421 for a couple of days, which is a little concerning.

Nothing much on today.... some ironing and cooking salmon fillets with a creamed spinach/bean dish. We had the spinach thing last weekend but we both enjoyed it so much I am repeating it.

Have a good Bank Holiday all.
That reminds me of a simple one pan dish I make sometimes. Salmon, green beans, spinach (frozen, with some double cream dotted through it so it melts and mixes at once) all in one roasting tin, whack the whole thing in the oven with foil over the top.

Enjoy!

Back