Group 7-day waking average?

7.9 this morning. Note to @pawprint91 I had a spike up to 12.5 in the early hours, after Lidl gnocchi filled with salmon and cheese in a lemon, cream and smoked salmon sauce, yet I can normally eat potatoes without a problem.
Thanks Patti - my gnocchi was plain but I took a risk and stopped the spike last night!

Good Afternoon all. It was a 6.9 for me.

Went to hospital for a gastroenterology appointment. I was told it was meant to be a 'phone interview. The nurse saw me anyway but they could do with checking their letters a bit more carefully.

Have a good day everyone.

What book are you studying for English Lit? I had Lord of the Flies and hated it! Hopefully there are much better choices now :rofl:
A Christmas Carol and Animal Farm

activated the one i'd worn for 12 hours yesterday and after the hour warm up scanned and it said my sensor had ended!! What??!!! Another new sensor applied and activated straight away but this one has been showing 11 all night. I shall have to finger prick in a minute to check because therea no reason it should be high
Abbott are replacing the sensor that wouldn't work. The new one i applied and started last night without a warm up is consistently reading 2-3 above finger pricks. Too early to call Abbott seeing as its not 24hrs yet? What do you think?

Its made a real mess of my TIR
1682607878085.png

The farm animals fattening themselves for the Christmas feast would be a departure!

And let’s not start on the question of how many ghosts visit Scrooge.

Guess when I had a tuna melt and a bit of cheesecake…

I’m just amazed that the level fell so quickly. And the angle of ascent and descent look interesting.
I’m wondering what could be thrown into the mix to slow the rise. Not that tuna melts and cheesecake are advisable but it’d be interesting to know how to mitigate the BG spike in case I ever have that meal again. (In case?!)

IMG_0448.jpeg

Not too bad then. I enjoyed reading Orwell’s books having started off with 1984. Did the same with Steinbeck too, starting with Grapes of Wrath I ended up reading the rest. Never read any Dickens though, probably should get around to it someday!

Abbott are replacing the sensor that wouldn't work. The new one i applied and started last night without a warm up is consistently reading 2-3 above finger pricks. Too early to call Abbott seeing as its not 24hrs yet? What do you think?

Its made a real mess of my TIR
View attachment 25604
Strange. My sensors always tend to read between 0.5 and 1 lower than BG, never had it read higher. I guess we are all different, but it must be annoying for you to have your TIR messed up, I can relate to that.

I would leave it for a couple of days (my first day of a new sensor is often a bit suspect), if it continues I would take 3 comparisons with finger prick tests (allowing for a lag between ISF and BG) and call Abbott with those, they should send you a replacement if it is still out by 2 to 3.

Wow! Ancient literature. There must be something more modern to study. Great reads, tho. 🙂
My two eldest grandchildren are doing their GCSEs and they’re studying the book I did for my O level literature in 1976. Of Mice and Men! Two of my daughters did it too. I agree, it’s about time they updated the books they use.

Guess when I had a tuna melt and a bit of cheesecake…

I’m just amazed that the level fell so quickly. And the angle of ascent and descent look interesting.
I’m wondering what could be thrown into the mix to slow the rise. Not that tuna melts and cheesecake are advisable but it’d be interesting to know how to mitigate the BG spike in case I ever have that meal again. (In case?!)

View attachment 25606
It’s good it didn’t stay high too long. I would say it’s a good result. It means you can tolerate the odd treat.

My two eldest grandchildren are doing their GCSEs and they’re studying the book I did for my O level literature in 1976. Of Mice and Men! Two of my daughters did it too. I agree, it’s about time they updated the books they use.
Why update things when the books they’re using are great works of literature? They weren’t exactly fresh off the presses when we were taught them!

It’s good it didn’t stay high too long. I would say it’s a good result. It means you can tolerate the odd treat.
It’s bounced around a bit since but I guess that’s what the body does when it’s trying to get things back into homeostasis.

Why update things when the books they’re using are great works of literature? They weren’t exactly fresh off the presses when we were taught them!
But we only think they are now. They definitely didn’t seem it when I was 16! Likewise Shakespeare, boring as heck when you’re young and having to read it in order to pass an exam, but we do eventually learn to appreciate them. I vote for something written this century or the latter park of the 20th century for a start. Where the Crawdads Sing maybe. Atonement? Captain Corelli’s Mandolin? The Kite Runner? Or my personal favourite Jean de Florette, I could read it over and over. I know it’s not British ( but neither is Of Mice and Men) but it’s wonderful.

But we only think they are now. They definitely didn’t seem it when I was 16! Likewise Shakespeare, boring as heck when you’re young and having to read it in order to pass an exam, but we do eventually learn to appreciate them. I vote for something written this century or the latter park of the 20th century for a start. Where the Crawdads Sing maybe. Atonement? Captain Corelli’s Mandolin? The Kite Runner? Or my personal favourite Jean de Florette, I could read it over and over. I know it’s not British ( but neither is Of Mice and Men) but it’s wonderful.
Some of Thomas Hardy's stuff is fascinating. Interesting plots and lots of social comment.

Some of Thomas Hardy's stuff is fascinating. Interesting plots and lots of social comment.
Hardy and The Bronte sisters used to crop up on syllabi regularly. Tess of the d'Urbervilles and Wuthering Heights are my all time most loathed books, I was lucky for O level, I avoided Hardy, and we got Jane Eyre as our Bronte, and the parallel class got Wuthering heights.

Back