Group 7-day waking average?

Hi everybody
ok I’ve been absent for a few weeks
So much going on (since we finally completed on purchasing our bungalow)

my days recently have started with meeting contractors at 7am
and I’ve not been testing everyday on waking
but yesterday was 6.9
and I think today 6.8

on top of the bungalow renovations
next week I have my pre-op (long awaited ankle surgery)

so I’m sure the bungalow will be much more comfortable
compared to the 3 storey town house we rent at the moment,
in readiness for moving into bungalow
weve already given notice on the rented house
even though the bungalow has only just been re-plastered (at ground floor level)
is still mid-being rewired,
and both the roof and boiler are still leaking …lol
floors are being poured tomorrow so that’s another job done
Electrician back on site for second fix tomorrow
and kitchen goes back in on Monday
then there’s the upstairs to sort out…

hope everybody’s doing ok..

I’ve not read any comments ,or really been online

but had a good chat with a friend (previous work colleague)
who recently discovered he’s T2
with a Hba1c heading into Tripple figures
so we had a good chat this afternoon
and that reminded me to log in and post as was telling him about this fabulous forum
TC everybody 😎

Last edited:
Woke up 5.5 went to 2.9 hypo after shower and a cup of tea - felt it before the Libre 2 sensor bleeped {and confirmed on finger prick 2.8) and successfully treated - only diagnosed a year ago and the 1st time this has happened - didn't drink or do anything out of the ordinary the night before? Confused dot com...

Woke up 5.5 went to 2.9 hypo after shower and a cup of tea - felt it before the Libre 2 sensor bleeped {and confirmed on finger prick 2.8) and successfully treated - only diagnosed a year ago and the 1st time this has happened - didn't drink or do anything out of the ordinary the night before? Confused dot com...
How is your basal? I see you use a different one to me but your needs could be changing? Or it could be tiredness, hormones (perhaps less likely for a gentleman!) hotter than normal shower, different amount of exercise than normal yesterday … so many things! Glad you sorted it, 2.8 is a scary number to see - lowest I’ve seen is 2.6, but suspect I’ve been lower and not confirmed with a finger prick a couple of times from how I’ve felt!

Hi everybody
ok I’ve been absent for a few weeks
So much going on (since we finally completed on purchasing our bungalow)

my days recently have started with meeting contractors at 7am
and I’ve not been testing everyday on waking
but yesterday was 6.9
and I think today 6.8

on top of the bungalow renovations
next week I have my pre-op (long awaited ankle surgery)

so I’m sure the bungalow will be much more comfortable
compared to the 3 storey town house we rent at the moment,
in readiness for moving into bungalow
weve already given notice on the rented house
even though the bungalow has only just been renovated-plastered,
is still mid-being rewired,
and both the roof and boiler are still leaking …lol
floors are being poured tomorrow so that’s another job done
Electrician back on site for second fix tomorrow
and kitchen goes back in on Monday

hope everybody’s doing ok..

I’ve not read any comments ,or really been online

but had a good chat with a friend (previous work colleague)
who recently discovered he’s T2
with a Hba1c heading into Tripple figures
so we had a good chat this afternoon
and that reminded me to log in and post as was telling him about this fabulous forum
TC everybody 😎
I hope your surgery goes well when it happens. I know 2 people who have had the bones fused in their ankles/feet in different areas of the country and received very different follow up. one was given boots to wear when walking after the plaster came off and the other nothing so she has really struggled and is in just as much pain as before.
Make sure you get as much as you can to help.

The warmer weather could be the cause. Many of us find that we need to dial our basal insulin back a bit in Spring and then up it a bit in the autumn. Have you done an increased amount of activity or exercise the last couple of days as that can definitely drop you if you haven't adjusted your levels/basal doses to factor it it.... ie gone to bed higher than normal so that you wake higher.
When do you take your Lantus? I am guessing possibly at night so it was hitting it's peak of activity this morning? And then a hot shower can easily drop you.
Was the shower after exercise or just normal morning ablutions? I always keep hypo treatment in the bathroom because hot baths and showers are known to be a cause of plummeting BG, particularly after exercise.

Good evening all. Sunny but nippy here today. 6.5 @ 6.31am

@eggyg Very Happy Birthday and many Happy Returns 🙂

Good morning everyone.

BG 5.3 a good number but just not good enough. 🙂

Today, bet you can't guess...painting. but... kitchen gets put back together. Lounge will have to wait until tomorrow (needs more paint). Getting closer to normality again.

Landing area looms....

A grocery delivery this evening. So much more expensive too, however, since we don't have a car, I am so glad of online shopping for the big shops. I do go out on foot every day to get smaller things though.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning
a Len Goodman for me today

have a great day everybody 😎

Good morning - 5.5

Morning all. A 12.5 which had come down from a massive spike overnight apparently!! The high alarm didn't go off and i slept really well though feel very sluggish now. I had a tiny bit of dark chocolate about an hour before bed but that shouldn't have raised it that much, it never has before.

5.2 for me today … for the first time in a good while :D and no bedtime dramas which makes a nice change for this week.

@freesia random, unexplained overnight spikes are so frustrating!

Lovely and sunny here today, hope it stays that way! Have a good day, all 🙂

Morning folks. 🙂 5.9 here...that’ll be yesterday’s activity - walk, swim, gardening. I just love the longer, lighter, drier weather! 🙂

Work, Welsh, and Welsh choir today, in that order. 🙂

Not checking mine this morning (need to open a new pot of strips and new control solution is on its way). Still need to change the time on my meter actually too. Did some nice walking yesterday, as it was lovely weather I walked youngest to their youth group thing.

Congratulations @pawprint91 and @Robin !

Back