Group 7-day waking average?

@Pattidevans I have been asked on no less than 3 occasions by 3 medical professionals in the past year whether I am a type 1 or type 2 diabetic. Makes me wonder whether the notes are simply burnt after reading by the first person who sees them? Sorry to hear about your fiasco but pleased to hear about your Costa - one of my faves!
I think the notes are sometimes so lengthy in a scrawl that can barely be read by anyone other than the person writing them that it is quicker to ask. I requested by record after my accident and knee surgery and got 146 pages with hand written notes interspersed with blank pages of irrelevant stuff.

Firstly..... Happy Birthday @eggyg. Hope you sail on smooth waters today both literally and with your BG and see all of those creatures mentioned and more. Have a fabulous day!

6.7 for me this morning which was a relief after a major battle with a stubborn high last night which took 4 stacked corrections amounting to 8 units. Thankfully I didn't go higher than 11 but only because I started stacking at 10. Even more annoyingly I had only had a cup of decaf and a chunk of a very nice blue cheese, so no appreciable carbs and I had just got back from feeding the horses. The saving grace was that whilst waiting for those stacked corrections to take effect and injecting more, I did Wordle Quordle and Octordle and had a monumental success in the latter with a score of 39.

@Elenka_HM Sending more (((HUGS))) Not nice when people shun you and you have no idea why. Hope it sorts itself out by the time you work with them again.

@TonyHoldsworth Unlikely to be the change in Metformin. What did you have for tea yesterday? Also, exertive exercise can often push your levels up rather than drop them at the time, but will help lower them over the longer term.
I find exercise in the evening like a nice long walk will have a better impact on my overnight and morning levels the next day, so that might be worth trying.

Morning all and 6.3 for me.

Grey and murky today. Didn't me manage studio yesterday so fingers crossed will get there today.

I was due to have a gastro appt over the phone tomorrow but it's been changed to an actual face to face appt. I'll need to be ready and out of the house in good time.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all - grey and gloomy today, but it still has a chance of changing to lovely sunlight as it did yesterday.

6.3 this morning with a nice flat line. A relief after all that hoo ha yesterday suspending insulin then turning it back on etc etc.

@rebrascora, @pawprint91 and @Leadinglights I wouldn't have minded but I had filled in all the information prior to my appointment online on my laptop which took a full hour! So no problems with scrawl at all - just not joined up thinking! No wonder the NHS is in trouble. I do resent the wasted day as I have house guests arriving tomorrow, the house needs cleaning and I have to prepare a 3 course dinner. 'Fraid it is going to be a bought in dessert! It won't poison em! LOL!

@eggyg Very Happy Birthday!

PS @Elenka_HM your friend's mood may not be anything to do with you, just something that may have upset them, or maybe bad news. I also have a tendency to worry that anyone else's attitude is something that I've done wrong and it's not always the case at all.

PS @Elenka_HM your friend's mood may not be anything to do with you, just something that may have upset them, or maybe bad news. I also have a tendency to worry that anyone else's attitude is something that I've done wrong and it's not always the case at all.
Thanks Patti. I understand that. The thing is he seemed normal with the rest of the staff, and the previous night he thought I was being weird and texted me after our walk asking if I was upset. I said no but explained I didn't like something he said earlier. He didn't reply to that (it was the text I was waiting for the other night) and gave me this silent treatment yesterday...

We were supposed to meet tomorrow after work for a cup of tea. Don't know if I should forget about it or ask like everything is normal (but not push it if the answer is no).

Good morning. Slept late and woke to blazing sunshine. BG 6.6 - which was not unexpected but will have to be super careful on the carbs as I upped my dose of steroids yesterday. Already walking and breathing better as a result.

Managed to get the big broken planter, which I backed car into in a moment of inadvertence, emptied and removed - hope the big lily which I have transplanted survives. Also planted up big patches of pansies in the front bed and 4 of the big ceramic pots near the front entrance - only another 8 to do so shall have to go to nursery and see what they have in cheerful annuals.

Now need to get the lawns mowed - after the blitz on the beds by Seren, who did a fine job, the expected maintenance gardener, Michael, is a no show after Easter hols. I am going to send him a brisk message and re-advertise if silence continues. Meanwhile I have dug old faithful out from beneath the workshop bench to give him a quick service - if he isn't sulking I will have to at least make a start on the grass. OF is a joy to re-start but a complete swine first go.

On a cheerful note the cleaner is working out splendidly - very intelligent, fun, and getting the hang of the place. Soon the GGs will be out 24/7 and a friend is coming over to help with the difficult bits on Wolf. Maybe winter is really over at last...

@eggyg Have a very happy birthday.

Take care everyone.

Afternoon

didn’t have time to post this morning as I was late up.

8 this morning, eye screening went ok, she thinks I might have a cataract on my left eye as well now, but she thought the pictures were still good enough, but will have to wait and see if they were or if I need more in-depth screening.

@eggyg Happy Birthday, hope you enjoy today’s trip.

Happy Birthday @eggyg. Have a lovely day.

@Bexlee and @pawprint91 have we had a holiday?! It really feels like we haven't!!

I ended up not correcting this morning as levels dropped quickly. Just before lunch the alarm went off and i had a dextrose or two but it wasn't enough to stop the drop. Maybe time to reduce the basal again.

@Bexlee and @pawprint91 have we had a holiday?! It really feels like we haven't!!
I know … it seems like a distant memory! Can’t tell if my basal is off or if it’s tiredness - I’m running lower than usual but in a straight line on the graph :rofl:

Happy Birthday @eggyg!

Last edited:
Afternoon all Hope everyone is doing good on this fine day . Just a question to ask . How long do you find the batteries lasting in your insulin pens . I've had these for over 3 years now Not sure if I was told when batteries go you get rid of the pen . Sure you good folks will be able to help

Afternoon all Hope everyone is doing good on this fine day . Just a question to ask . How long do you find the batteries lasting in your insulin pens . I've had these for over 3 years now Not sure if I was told when batteries go you get rid of the pen . Sure you good folks will be able to help
Mine are about three years too, and still going. I remember reading somewhere that the expected life was five years. Once the battery goes you need a new pen if you want the memory function, as the batteries aren't replaceable, though the insulin dispensing function should be fine.

I've just replaced my old Echo pens, and both of them were over five years old, I think. But they’ve been replaced with the new Echo Plus, and I've no idea if you can expect such a long battery life out of these.
I've kept my old ones as spares, because they still work fine, they just don’t display the dose.

But they’ve been replaced with the new Echo Plus, and I've no idea if you can expect such a long battery life out of these.
I think they're supposed to last around 5 years, but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't last as long as the previous ones. (As before, the battery failing won't stop them from injecting. We'll just lose the fancy features until we can get them replaced.)

I think we had a holiday !

My levels have been off since we went back. Lower than normal especially after a lot of highs. My low alarm totally made itself known in whole school assembly right at the important silent think bit. Lots of confused staff and about 600 kids wondering what was going on. 1st time that’s happened !

Back