Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning! 4'8, which I thought was a bit low and checked with finger prick...4'2. Ooops! It was not Libre's fault.

Off now to a Spring Fayre in the church just in front of my house. Never been inside that church, so I'm curious. I imagine the fayre will be like the little church market I went to last month. I didn't have a hot drink yet as I expect they will sell tea and coffee with some baked goodies 😛

Thanks @Gwynn. Just so I have got it right, Your HbA1c in August was 37 and your average finger prick over the previous 90 days was 5.12? If so, it plots reasonably well on the graph I posted above. It plots just above the best fit line but thats fine, I probably do more testing than you (gives me a better data set to look at) and my averages will include a lot of meal time readings which will bring up the average.

Can you do the same for any other HbA1c results? Can anybody else who collects their data into a spreadsheet or database contribute?

I guess you can see where I am heading! I wonder if there is a way of getting a reasonable estimate of HbA1c from finger prick tests and my way of getting an answer is to look at real data from different sources and see.

Update: I was unhappy with the rushed calculations earlier. My excuse? Exhaustion after painting this morning....

Redone and properly checked. Happier with the results

BG Bell Curve.jpg

My bodies preferred BG seems to be a more sensible 5.1

It was the table I screwed up. The other calcs were fine.

At least I managed to paint the whole of the utility room 🙂

@Docb good question, but that's what they are! BGs don't seem to be that predictable, as you know, but some trends and wide generalities may be possible.

Interesting stuff.

It would be interesting to see other peoples results too

I was going to do that with the numbers you posted @Gwynn! I wonder why the 5 and 5.2 counts are lower than might be expected looking at the rest of the data?
The 5.2 being lower is clearly @Gwynn 's body conspiring against him getting houses...

@Docb good question, but that's what they are! BGs don't seem to be that predictable, as you know, but some trends and wide generalities may be possible.

Interesting stuff.

It would be interesting to see other peoples results too
I like good questions, often more revealing than many "good" answers.

One thing that does occur to me is that the algorithm in the meter which converts a tiny electrical signal into a blood glucose reading has some idiosyncrasy. It would not be significant when considered in respect to the usefulness of the reading but it is interesting!

Your comment about trends and wide generalities gets my vote.

In this world I am amazed that no one has developed an accurate blood test meter. It would cost more and I have no idea how many people would be interested in more accuracy. Clealy not the biggest buyer - the NHS

So I expect variance and a slightly inaccurate result.

Maybe I can reasonably claim that all my readings are in actual fact 5.2 🙂

Good afternoon all. Grand National day yay. I've got no 10 and no 11. My birthdays. Can't wait for five o'clock. Hope they all stay safe though. 7.5 @ 7.50am 🙂

And a late morning reading from me today, a 5.7 at 8.30 on waking.

Been a busy old day one way and the other. Now going to do my pre-dinner one.

Oooh, how lovely, blue sky and snowy peaks as well. I’m getting withdrawal symptoms. That’s quite the incentive to produce an HS tomorrow!
The weather has been amazing. Cool wind but sunshine all day. What a fantastic journey we’ve had, took us seven hours but we stopped a few times to just look at the view and take photos.

Looking at the histogram I posted. The count of readings is unexpectedly low every fifth bg value. Been scratching my head trying think of reasons why that could happen. The only thing I can come up with is that it is something to do with the meter and the way it works. Anybody got any other ideas?

My meter is an accu check nano.

@Docb Actually quite fascinating but I have no idea why the data is as it is

Back