Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. Woke to a 5.4 which is surprising! I completely misjudged last night's meal out along with the walk back up the steep hill where we've been staying. Half hour after we got back i had such a stubborn hypo it took a lot to get me back into range...but then i spiked really badly. I ended up correcting before bed and hoping for the best.

On our way back home soon, its been a nice break despite the weather. Back to work on Monday.

Congrats on the HS @Bloden. Have a safe journey and good holiday @eggyg.

Morning 5.1 for me ,i will get to a number with 4 in it ,so I’ve tested for a week now,and after meals the highest I’ve been is 7.8 , is that normal after eating ,thanks
Yes 7.8 is within the target range of under 8.5 2 hours post meal for type 2 diabetics (type 1 don't have a specific target for that time). If you're wondering whether it indicates that a particular meal is being managed ok by your body, then I would suggest a pre-meal reading too. You're then looking for no more than a 2-3 mmol rise. Sometimes if I have eaten a low carb meal, and had a long time between meals such that my liver was pumping out glucose to help before hand, I can get a 2 hour post meal reading that is lower than pre-meal. But I am happy with readings that meet the above targets and certainly not aiming to be back at pre-meal level at the 2 hour mark

Morning all 9.3 for me this morning. Had a 3.4 at 10 30 last night . Jbs and dark chocolate, may have over did it high glucose alarm went off at 3 am 13.5 so took 3 units . Hope everyone is doing well and have a good day folks

4.9 for me this morning and a lovely slow steady straight line descent from the 9.3 I went to bed on, even with a half unit reduction in evening basal..... the power of walking! Funny how I rarely see the benefit at the time or even afterwards much, but when I sleep after exercise, that is when my levels just steadily and significantly reduce. Dropped 2 units off my morning basal dose as well this morning and will be heading out to swing my legs again shortly. Cold but bright here.

Many congrats to @Bloden on your House Special this morning.

@ColinUK That is a really weird optical illusion house.

Sorry to read about your extra 50 mile route. I remember those single track roads, never liked them!
We did it last year too. My nerves were shredded by the time we got to where we were heading! Can’t say I’m looking forward to it. But needs must. 🙄
Enjoy the lakes. The weather is glorious at the moment and looks decent for tomorrow. Can see snow on Skiddaw. Bring your thermals.

Morning all - well it was lovely when I got up at 8 am but it's now clouded over. Forecast is changeable hour by hour.

5.7 this morning despite a night made restless by pain in the broken rib (probably exacerbated by yesterday's housework). I did take 1 Co-Dydramol but they are so hard to get down I shirked the second.

Took 2 Neurofen this morning and could now drop off standing up, but I can't because I have to do prep for tomorrow's lunch. I picked a nice easy choccie mousse recipe for dessert that included whites of 6 eggs. I knew I had 5 egg whites leftover from a previous creme brulee recipe in the freezer and I do like to be economical, so last night I took out the little plastic box with the red lid so they would defrost by today. This morning I discover that I've defrosted an identical little plastic box with a red lid full of cheese sauce! Well it's white. WHEN will I ever learn to label stuff???? So... I've now found a Mary Berry recipe for choccie mousse that needs 3 whole eggs... we have plenty, thank goodness! That leaves only prawns to defrost and Confit de Canard to prepare = open tin bought in France & drain off fat! Hee hee.

Congrats @Bloden on the HS... but living in that house would make me dizzy!

@eggyg fingers crossed you have a wonderful holiday, despite the extra 50 mile drive.

Have a fabulous Friday everyone.

We did it last year too. My nerves were shredded by the time we got to where we were heading! Can’t say I’m looking forward to it. But needs must. 🙄
Enjoy the lakes. The weather is glorious at the moment and looks decent for tomorrow. Can see snow on Skiddaw. Bring your thermals.
Are you driving over Glencoe? If so, give it my love, it’s one of my favourite places. I had a fix of it last year, and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms because Scotland doesn’t feature on our holiday schedule this year.

Are you driving over Glencoe? If so, give it my love, it’s one of my favourite places. I had a fix of it last year, and I'm getting withdrawal symptoms because Scotland doesn’t feature on our holiday schedule this year.
We are, we’re planning on stopping somewhere for our picnic. We’d planned to stop at Ardgarten but that takes us off the track a bit now we’re not crossing the Loch. The weather looks good for tomorrow, it’s usually horizontal rain every time we drive through.

5.4 for me today when I first woke around 6am, dropped back off and woke at 7.15am to 7.2, cheers liver :rofl:

Managed to avoid my random spike last night which I'll take!

Last proper day of the holidays for me, back to work on Monday. I am supposed to be going for bottomless brunch tomorrow with some friends, so that should be interesting (not intending to go too wild, just want to get my money's worth). Have a good day, all! 🙂

Yes 7.8 is within the target range of under 8.5 2 hours post meal for type 2 diabetics (type 1 don't have a specific target for that time). If you're wondering whether it indicates that a particular meal is being managed ok by your body, then I would suggest a pre-meal reading too. You're then looking for no more than a 2-3 mmol rise. Sometimes if I have eaten a low carb meal, and had a long time between meals such that my liver was pumping out glucose to help before hand, I can get a 2 hour post meal reading that is lower than pre-meal. But I am happy with readings that meet the above targets and certainly not aiming to be back at pre-meal level at the 2 hour mark
I will do that before and after my meal tonight, thanks .

Good afternoon! 5'2 this morning, after sleeping almost 12 hours 😱

Having an super lazy day off as I wanted and deserve. I have 3 things to do: a shower, supermarket round and booking my summer holidays now that I have dates approved. Trying to decide which one to do first. Probably the shower, as I can then choose the order of the other two. Don't mind to stay all gross to book stuff online but I want to look decent to go in the outside world! I'll treat myself to bus tickets so I can get to different supermarkets and don't have to carry my shopping back. Would usually do the walk there as a form of exercise but don't feel like it with this gray weather.

So I’ve just tested 2 hours after eating , 1st time ive tested as I should ,early rising, 2 hours before and after eating, how do these sound, 5.1 rising , before meal 6.1 after meal 5.6 , today I couldn’t resist a little cake , I’ve been so good avoiding them I just felt I needed a treat

Good morning everyone

Tired this morning but lots of house painting to do today...sigh...slowly getting there.

BG 4.9
BP 126/73
Pulse 54

@Toddyken it have found it possible to keep my BG within good limits but it varies within that range quiite a lot. I am on no diabetic medications but do watch my diet having lost about a third of my body weight and do exercise quite a lot too.

From what I can see on this forum Type 1's seem to have a much tougher time witheir BGs, so I am happier (?) Being a Type 2 (if I am diabetic at all)

Here is a graph of my morning and evening blood glucose tests from diagnosis (chaos) to today (over 2 years of readings).

Day BG.jpg

I also test specific foods in the afternoons (test, eat, 2hrs later test) and not one food has caused any BG problems

HbA1c is now 37 but it was 150 at dianosis

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 6.8, writing this whilst eating my breakfast, I’ve been up an hour already and done all sorts.
Beautiful morning long may it continue for our long onward journey. Cottage has WiFi so I should be able to check in on a morning.

Have a great day everyone. 🙂

Good morning - 4.6

Back