Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 🙂 3.9 here...well, that makes no sense at all!

Day 3 of Cwrs Pasg. We’ve got a local musician coming to speak to us and play some Welsh tunes after lunch. Then the Welsh learner choir’ll be trying to drum up business with a sing-a-long. I’m looking forward to having a lie-in tomorrow, I’m wedi blino / knackered. 🙂

Good morning everyone

@ColinUK I just love trees. Great pics

BG 5.4 not even a near miss
BP slightly elevated probably because I woke with a start with something rattling the bedroom window. No idea what it was.
Pulse as always low 53

Today, er, no idea right now...maybe start to fix the room with damp problems...or maybe not...

Ahh yes I have to make a rhubarb crumble. Adding a small amount of that into my diet nessed things up quite a bit. Sorted it all in the end tho.

Heres a picture of my last rhubarb crumble

View attachment 25163

Rats, autocorrect has now invaded my images. Aghhhh! 🙂

Have a great day today whatever you are doing
We’ve a load of rhubarb in the garden, I must do something with it. Maybe rhubarb crumble for Easter Sunday dinner. Yummy!

Pesach dates are set in a lunar calendar. Easter in a solar one. So sometimes they drift apart.
This year they’re pretty close as Easter occurs during Pesach but they can be as much as a month adrift.

@rebrascora you’re right about thinking that Akhnaten was killed however there’s debate about whether he was or not. In any case there’s a broad consensus that his followers were displaced for years and that’s perhaps where the Exodus.

Some suggest that the similarities between Akhnaten and Moses are too great to ignore. Both were born in Goshen.
Both were obviously monotheistic at a time when nobody else was (Egypt had approximately 200 gods).
In Akhnaten’s tomb there are hieroglyphs of him holding two tablets of stone. Usually they would show names of Pharaohs almost as proof of lineage and continuation of the royal line however in this case none do that. Instead they depict laws of worship of Aten. They are literally ten commandants.

Moses split the Red Sea and Pharaoh wouldn’t have gone anywhere near the Red Sea of course. However going back to the original ancient texts and Red Sea translates as Sea of Reeds. That became Reed Sea and eventually Red Sea.
So what?
The Nile has often been referred to as a Reed Sea in many Egyptian records.
Pharaoh would have crossed the Nile.
It’s relatively shallow and there are known meteorological events where specific winds “split” the shallow waters and reveal the riverbed below.

Of course it’s all conjecture but it’s conjecture I find fascinating.

Good morning. 6.3. No idea why - unless BG reacts to dog hair. Spent 3 hours yesterday on the spring de-tuft and have managed about 70% of Wolf. Half a dustbin full of hair. Not looking forward the remaining bottom parts as he was beginning to look rather disapproving about such areas. Hope he won't feel too cold as the weather has reverted to cold, grey and wet. Beginning to understand the appeal of the Mexican Hairless.

Wishing everyone a happy Wednesday.

Morning all. 5.2 for me, second in a week but no unicorn day yesterday, i spiked for some reason after the coffee with my friend and it took a while to come down. Off out today, taking mum out for a while and me to the dentist.

@ColinUK the photos are great. I've never been to Kew Gardens, mind you i've only been to London once. Happy Passover/Pesach, have a lovely time with your parents. Fascinating history.
1680679475520.png

Good moaning! A lousy 12.9 on Libre which would be about 2 up on the finger with this particular sensor but I can't be asked! Had an awful night with dreadful phantom pain. PAD and phantom pain seem issues very much on the fringes of medical practice. Well the UK does have a higher diabetes related amputation rate than Western Europe and the USA! :(

@eggyg Elaine you ask about the meal. Well there are two components to that. First there’s the ceremonial/religious elements and then there’s the meal itself. Albeit the meal is always shaped by family tradition.

During Pesach you’re not allowed to eat anything which can ferment pretty much. That’s because when Pharaoh announced that folks could finally leave they didn’t have time to bake leavened bread. Instead they made do with flat bread. Although they probably ended up with something like pitta or maybe more like hardtack we have matzos.

Matzo ends up being part of every meal.

In addition to that, at the religious part of the evening we eat:

Bitter herb - usually parsley or lettuce dipped in salt water but in our house it’s grated horseradish

A cold boiled potato

Charoset - a paste made of apple, nuts, spices like cinnamon and red wine

A mix of horseradish and charoset.

Then there’s the meal. That always starts with a hard boiled egg in a little salt water. That’s tradition and I know no family that doesn’t have this element to their meal.

Then it’s a normal meal. I think we’ll likely have chopped liver, chicken soup with dumplings made from matzo meal (matzos are made from wheat flour but you can’t use flour during Pesach however you can use matzo meal which is finely ground matzos. Don’t ask!

Then chicken, assorted veg followed by dessert. Although desert might be more appropriate given the wandering through one that followed the exodus.

At the end of the meal and to mark the recommencement of the religious side of things we have to eat an olive sized piece of matzo.

Like all Jewish festivals it’s a mix of interpretation of the rules, family tradition and expediency.

Ooh @rebrascora forgot to mention that there are boundary stones around Armana, the city founded by Akhnaten, which describe it as the promised land.

@freesia regardless of your having only been to London once you still get a house!

This one’s a bit special.

IMG_0078.jpegIMG_0075.jpegIMG_0079.jpegIMG_0077.jpegIMG_0081.jpegIMG_0080.jpeg

Congratulations @freesia on that magic number. Just missed it again with my 5.3. 🙂

Dez

Just noticed. This thread has just passed 100,000 replies. I wonder if this is some sort of record or whether it will ever reach 1,000,000.

We’ve a load of rhubarb in the garden, I must do something with it. Maybe rhubarb crumble for Easter Sunday dinner. Yummy!
Wow! Is your Rhubarb through? That seems very early! I haven't been down the bottom of the garden this year yet to check on mine. For the first time that I can remember I didn't bury it in horse manure this year, so hope it is OK.

Just noticed. This thread has just passed 100,000 replies. I wonder if this is some sort of record or whether it will ever reach 1,000,000.
That is odd because your post is only #99,632. Am I missing something?

Good morning - 4.4

Dexcom is supposed to be delivered either today or tomorrow so that’s good.

@freesia regardless of your having only been to London once you still get a house!

This one’s a bit special.

View attachment 25166View attachment 25167View attachment 25168View attachment 25169View attachment 25170View attachment 25171
Wow!! My tiny car will get lost in that garage. In fact, i'd probably get lost! I wonder how much something like that costs? It looks very futuristic.

@ColinUK i love the descriptions of the Jewish festivals, the history, stories and food. So interesting.

Didn’t test yesterday. Just wanted a day off sticking a needle in my finger. 7.2 this morning.

Went to Kew Gardens yesterday and haven’t been there for probably 15 years or so. Even though it was the start of school holidays there’s tonnes of room and I didn’t think it would be busy. It wasn’t. It was blissful. I even hugged a few trees.

Didn’t wear my ankle brace all day and did just shy of 22,000 steps / 10 miles and although my ankle knew it’d been used it wasn’t painful or swollen at all afterwards.

Today is the start of Pesach / Passover app off to the folks later for the first Seder meal and I’ll stay overnight and head home in the morning.

Pesach celebrates the releasing of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. So it’s also a reminder that we can do a good line in plagues if needed!

Reading about Akhnaten after seeing that recently and was amazed to learn that some scholars think he’s the Pharaoh who the Moses story is based on. Not that he’s the Pharaoh the Moses persuaded to let the Israelites leave but rather he’s actually the basis for Moses.

At the end of his reign there was political and civil upset. He was deposed don’t forget. He and his followers were seemingly cast out from various cities and spent decades wandering around and trying to find a home.

Some scholars posit that this was the Exodus from Egypt.
I find that fascinating.

Also like that fact that, jumping forward a good few years to Jesus and the Last Supper and that that was a Seder meal!

View attachment 25151View attachment 25152View attachment 25153View attachment 25154View attachment 25155View attachment 25156View attachment 25157View attachment 25158View attachment 25159View attachment 25160
Fascinated by the alternative Moses/Exodus story and blown away by the photos. Love Kew, a regular place of visit in my London centric days. Every spring I regret that it is too far away.

Back