Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning - 6.5

5.3 today. I'll take it. Last day of work for a whole week so looking forward to the end of the day!

Hopefully this is the right thread.

11 after an evening of rollercoastering, I thought I had it under control.

Nevermind, onwards in this sunny Tuesday.

Princess Anne is coming to our state to unveil a statue of a WWI soldier, may wander there with the children.

Enjoy your day everyone.

3.8 and an early start as I need the car today for a dentist visit. That meant taking my wife to work, leaving at the unheard of time of 6:45am! Don’t worry, she drove there whilst I ate on the hoof so that I was high enough to drive back home!

Have a good day everyone!

Hopefully this is the right thread.

11 after an evening of rollercoastering, I thought I had it under control.

Nevermind, onwards in this sunny Tuesday.

Princess Anne is coming to our state to unveil a statue of a WWI soldier, may wander there with the children.

Enjoy your day everyone.
I can see the soldiers practicing their marching from my office window. Unfortunately the statue itself is behind the house on the left.
20230404_094158.jpg

Morning all. Gloriously sunny here. Having a sister's meet-up today which I luvs, but wish it wasn't three buses to get there. Thank goodness for bus-pass. 🙂 7.4 @ 9.41am and I've managed to claw myself back from the abyss again due to elastic band ankles, horrible so no choice. Have a great day all.

Morning all. Intermittent sun and cloud. No breeze though, so it may be warmish - not poked my nose out yet.

4.4 this morning with a long, slow, almost horizontal drift from 6.3 at bedtime. Had the best night's sleep that I can remember. Went to bed at midnight. Woke only once for the bathroom and straight back to sleep until 9am! Who knows why... and who knows why my BGs went haywire last week???

Got new glasses which seem OK. Do not like the frames as much as some I saw, but at £177 cheaper I can learn to like them! Nothing much on today except cooking a beef stew of some sort and ironing whilst Mr P mows the lawn.

Happy Holidays to all those who have them.

Didn’t test yesterday. Just wanted a day off sticking a needle in my finger. 7.2 this morning.

Went to Kew Gardens yesterday and haven’t been there for probably 15 years or so. Even though it was the start of school holidays there’s tonnes of room and I didn’t think it would be busy. It wasn’t. It was blissful. I even hugged a few trees.

Didn’t wear my ankle brace all day and did just shy of 22,000 steps / 10 miles and although my ankle knew it’d been used it wasn’t painful or swollen at all afterwards.

Today is the start of Pesach / Passover app off to the folks later for the first Seder meal and I’ll stay overnight and head home in the morning.

Pesach celebrates the releasing of the Israelites from slavery in Egypt. So it’s also a reminder that we can do a good line in plagues if needed!

Reading about Akhnaten after seeing that recently and was amazed to learn that some scholars think he’s the Pharaoh who the Moses story is based on. Not that he’s the Pharaoh the Moses persuaded to let the Israelites leave but rather he’s actually the basis for Moses.

At the end of his reign there was political and civil upset. He was deposed don’t forget. He and his followers were seemingly cast out from various cities and spent decades wandering around and trying to find a home.

Some scholars posit that this was the Exodus from Egypt.
I find that fascinating.

Also like that fact that, jumping forward a good few years to Jesus and the Last Supper and that that was a Seder meal!

IMG_0320.jpegIMG_0322.jpegIMG_0323.jpegIMG_0328.jpegIMG_0329.jpegIMG_0339.jpegIMG_0340.jpegIMG_0355.jpegIMG_0358.jpegIMG_0367.jpeg

Morning all. 5.8 and it’s damp. Glad I got all four beds stripped yesterday, duvet covers included. Not looking forward to the ironing! 🙄

Got two new toys yesterday. A blue one and a red one. Any guesses? 😉 Decided to wait until this morning before I started to play with them. Added them to my Libre app, easy peasy. Removed cartridges from old pens (put away for spares), easy as. Injected Levemir, scanned pen, voila there in black and white how many units ( including two air shots) and the time. Then onto the NovoRapid, air shot first, nil, nada, nowt! Tried again, and again. Changed needles, nope! Removed cartridge, fiddled about with the mechanism and it worked! Scanned pen, it now shows I injected eight lots of NovoRapid!😱 Teething problems, I’m sure I’ll get the hang of it, eventually! Oh, and they’re a wee bit longer and a bit heavier than the old ones, obviously with all the new fanged gubbins in them. Bit of a squash in my kit bag. Technology eh?🙄

Just staying home again today. Have a good one. 🙂

@ColinUK Happy Passover/ Pesach, enjoy your meal tonight. What do you have?

Attachments

• 0FDE454A-3D57-4D98-8D14-F6448040573B.jpeg
    0FDE454A-3D57-4D98-8D14-F6448040573B.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9
Good morning!
6.2 for me and another nice straight horizontal line overnight although this time with a 2 unit Levemir evening dose and another unicorn trotting along behind the others yesterday, so building up a bit of a herd of them now.... I won't bore you lot with another graph but TIR is getting very close to the optimum for the last 7 days and most importantly 0% below the red line.
How come my diabetes can go soooo smoothly some of the time and so haywire at others?? I know it is the nature of the beast and everyone gets this, but it's so blissful when it behaves! Thinking of and sending out hugs to those who are experiencing turbulence at the moment.

@ColinUK Gorgeous photos and fascinating thoughts on Akhenaten, especially with him being the first documented monotheistic ruler, although I thought he was killed when he was overthrown. Hope you have a peaceful and enjoyable Pesach with your parents. In the current climate, can we "pass" on the plague situation thanks. Not sure the NHS can cope with any more.

Morning all. Very wet out. I thought Pesach was the exact same time as Easter? I'm confused now. 6.9 this morning. 🙂

Morning all. Very wet out. I thought Pesach was the exact same time as Easter? I'm confused now. 6.9 this morning. 🙂
We once went on holiday to Cyprus the week after Easter. We arrived Sunday, early evening. Got ready to go out for a meal and everywhere was closed! We couldn’t fathom it at all, whilst we were wandering about, desperately hungry by now, we saw cars driving by slowly and the occupants all holding candles or lighters. It turned out it was the Greek Orthodox Easter Day. I wouldn’t have minded normally but it was my birthday! We made up for it the next day when we joined all the locals celebrating Easter Monday, it was great, the women all had fur coats on and the men were all suited and booted, and we had our shorts and tee shirts on! Heathens that we are! :rofl:

Good morning everyone

@ColinUK I just love trees. Great pics

BG 5.4 not even a near miss
BP slightly elevated probably because I woke with a start with something rattling the bedroom window. No idea what it was.
Pulse as always low 53

Today, er, no idea right now...maybe start to fix the room with damp problems...or maybe not...

Ahh yes I have to make a rhubarb crumble. Adding a small amount of that into my diet nessed things up quite a bit. Sorted it all in the end tho.

Heres a picture of my last rhubarb crumble

rubiks-cube.jpg

Rats, autocorrect has now invaded my images. Aghhhh! 🙂

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back