Group 7-day waking average?

It was 7.2 for me much earlier this morning but had to head out to get everything sorted before the vet arrived for vaccines.
My levels are clearly following a pattern now but not one I can figure out how to manage. 5th night of high low high low high. I gave it +2 units of Levemir last night but still needed a 2 unit correction at 4.49am. Can I guarantee a low tonight and drop my Levemir back down to 0? That is the question??

Sending (((HUGS))) to @Grannylorraine and @freesia and many congratulations to @ColinUK, @42istheanswer and @MeeTooTeeTwo and sincerest Birthday good wishes to @Colin g

Got more hoof trimming to do this afternoon (Rascal) and then riding MeMe and then one of Ian's horses Arthur this evening....he's a trotter. Not looking forward to that as he is an horribly uncomfortable horse to ride, whereas mine are like like armchairs on air cushioned suspension..... with occasional faulty turbo and brakes and sometimes prone to turbulence 🙄 ..... but still much more comfortable.

I’m getting bolder in my booking choices for Culture.

I’ve started booking things which mean I’ve got to get a train there and back. A real train that goes to different cities and everything!

I think I’ve got about 30 things booked with a few being exhibitions, some hip hop, opera, ballet etc.

Can’t wait!!

I’m getting bolder in my booking choices for Culture.

I’ve started booking things which mean I’ve got to get a train there and back. A real train that goes to different cities and everything!

I think I’ve got about 30 things booked with a few being exhibitions, some hip hop, opera, ballet etc.

Can’t wait!!
I would suggest the Birmingham Royal Ballet Black Sabbath-The Ballet, but I think it is sold out.

Waaay into the afternoon and weather is looking up after last night's horrible storm.

8.4 at 06:30 following 2 dextrose and a temp basal after alarms went off at 01:38. Not displeased with that level as I had to go for an endoscopy this morning and didn't want to hypo whilst incapacitated.

Results still unclear as biopsies have been taken and results may be 6 weeks. Meantime I have a prescription for omeprazole (They did find that I have an ulcer & lots of inflammation) and COPD is suspected despite giving up smoking 22 years ago! A phone call to the GP (hubby did this) who says COPD is unlikely. Anyway I went to bed when I got home and slept until 3:30pm.

Getting old is no fun, but the alternative is worse. For all those thinking of retirement - do it now! Life is too short to be miserable!

@Grannylorraine nothing worse than being bullied at work (I have been there) and what you are experiencing is definitely bullying. Do you have an HR dept you can register a complaint with? At least it sounds as though you are opening a dialog with your immediate boss. You need to tell him at the start of the conversation that you are taking notes. Also, if things escalate and you have no union representation you are entitled to ask for a Mackienzie's friend to attend any meetings. They can be a properly trained Mackenzie's friend or just a friend of yours who is willing to go along and support you + takes notes.

Congratulations to @42istheanswer , @ColinUK and @MeeTooTeeTwo on your HSs....

Happy Birthday to @Colin g hasher-happy-sticker.gif

Waaay into the afternoon and weather is looking up after last night's horrible storm.

8.4 at 06:30 following 2 dextrose and a temp basal after alarms went off at 01:38. Not displeased with that level as I had to go for an endoscopy this morning and didn't want to hypo whilst incapacitated.

Results still unclear as biopsies have been taken and results may be 6 weeks. Meantime I have a prescription for omeprazole (They did find that I have an ulcer & lots of inflammation) and COPD is suspected despite giving up smoking 22 years ago! A phone call to the GP (hubby did this) who says COPD is unlikely. Anyway I went to bed when I got home and slept until 3:30pm.

Getting old is no fun, but the alternative is worse. For all those thinking of retirement - do it now! Life is too short to be miserable!

@Grannylorraine nothing worse than being bullied at work (I have been there) and what you are experiencing is definitely bullying. Do you have an HR dept you can register a complaint with? At least it sounds as though you are opening a dialog with your immediate boss. You need to tell him at the start of the conversation that you are taking notes. Also, if things escalate and you have no union representation you are entitled to ask for a Mackienzie's friend to attend any meetings. They can be a properly trained Mackenzie's friend or just a friend of yours who is willing to go along and support you + takes notes.

Congratulations to @42istheanswer , @ColinUK and @MeeTooTeeTwo on your HSs....

Happy Birthday to @Colin g View attachment 24954
Thank you Chuck xx

Good morning everyone. Really blustery out there this morning. Rain clouds too but just theatening.

BG 5.2 yesssss. How about a house on another planet? Broaden my horizons a little.
BG 123/76 that's ok
Pulse 58 wow almost in the normal range

Set up a very very old keyboard for my wife yesterday, at her request but some of the keys were sticking. A bit of WD40 and a little effort and they all worked free a treat. Phew.

Today a bit more wiring and testing of the digital/midi side of things.

Tonight, for tea, egg noodles, bean sprouts and mushrooms, a sort of stir fry, maybe add a bit of chicken too. A while back, when my granddaughter was here I mentioned we were having that for tea only I used our term for it...worms and slugs...the look and expression of disgust on her face was something to behold. I don't think she recovered from the revelation of our feast even after explaining it to her. 🙂

P1130953A.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all. 7.4. A better day yesterday but still spiked a bit overnight. I'll see what happens over the weekend then maybe up the basal by half a unit to try and keep overnight down.

Very tired this morning, glad its Friday.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn.

Good morning - 7.4

6.3 for me this morning with no interventions during the night... Yay!! Stuck with the 2 units of Levemir and for once I made the right call. Of course my levels jumped to 8.3 within the blink of an eye but down to a nice 5.7 now that Fiasp is doing it's magic.
Retinal screening this morning at 9.15am so need to get animals sorted extra early so that I can get showered and changed and walk the 3.5 miles to the local hospital....

Congrats to @Gwynn.

Gotta dash...!

@Gwynn will these NASA concepts for robot printed Mars houses suffice?

The idea being that robots are sent to Mars and they 3d print the houses. Presumably this is before they reach a level of self awareness and use the houses they’ve just built as a platform from which they take over the Galaxy.

IMG_0051.jpeg
IMG_0050.jpeg

Good morning. 6.2.

Grey overcast, breezy, cold.

Off to get BP monitor fitted. May pootle in to Carmarthen to get a new jacket later - need one which doesn't pick up quite so much hay to bring in to the house. Study floor seems to have as much as the stable spread about the place. Hope the new prospective cleaner understands country life.

Have a good Friday all.

Back