Group 7-day waking average?

Had a phone call from the GP yesterday.

Full set of blood tests and referral for an ECG.

He said it could be nothing but it could be something. Unlikely to be neurological and more likely to be some rare interaction with meds (although unlikely at they’ve not changed for years).

Said blood tests won’t rule anything in but they will rule some things out.

Advised wearing a smart watch capable of measuring HR during sleep so that they can access that data if needed.

Did mention that zopiclone could cause lots of consciousness of taken in excess to which I said “You have my medication requests on file so you can see I don’t take it anywhere near anything that could be classed as excessively. Last time I had a script filed for 28 tablets was November!”

Anyway I’ll call or pop in to the surgery to book blood tests and I’ll get a text message to book the ECG elsewhere.

They’re going to include HbA1C, full kidney and liver tests as well as full set of vitamin and mineral ones plus some other markers.

HbA1C will have undoubtedly ticked up since last time so I’m be told off when that comes through.

Morning folks. 🙂 5.7 here.

It’s sunny! And cold...but at least it isn’t raining horizontally and blowing a gale like yesterday. 😱

I’m still learning the admin ropes in my new job. I’m going to start keeping diary - last week I was told one thing and this week something completely different LOL. 🙂

Completely of the subject but I’m probably going to the cinema later today.
Finally I looked into what exactly Meerkat Movies is and I bought one day travel insurance in the U.K. for £1.01. That’s qualified me for meerkat movies and meerkat meals for a year.
Two free (although I’m in London so it’s just ridiculously cheap rather than free) cinema tickets a week for a year and discounts on a whole heap of restaurants for a year.

Tip came from St Martin Lewis and it’s well worth a look of you’re interested.

5.1 this morning, very close!

Did my prebolus on waking, 30 mins later and I am now at 6.9 - thanks liver / DP / FOTF ! NR just starting to drop it now, just as well as that gives me a bit longer before I have to have breakfast and maybe the Morrison’s delivery will arrive before then.

More resting of the shoulder today, it was aching last night and is a bit still this morning, but bearable at least. Spoke to the actual GP I am registered with yesterday to get the Naproxen and Omeprazole put onto repeat prescription, mentioned I’m still waiting for the ultrasound and he sort of said something to the effect of “don’t hold your breath” and said there would be further delays now due to the junior doctors strike. Oh well, there are people worse off than me.

@Ditto - great results on both HbA1c and losing the half stone! Don’t beat yourself up about them, they are the results of your hard work and perseverance. I think sometimes the doctors and nurses don’t have the time to think of patients as people and acknowledge the changes and hard work to achieve an improvement.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning all. 8.2 at 7:00, but had a low alarm at 4:00, so had some dextrose tablets. My Libre sensor was due for change this morning, but it spontaneously declared itself finished some time yesterday evening with some 15 hours left on the clock.

Have a great day everyone.

Finally I looked into what exactly Meerkat Movies is and I bought one day travel insurance in the U.K. for £1.01. That’s qualified me for meerkat movies and meerkat meals for a year.
Two free (although I’m in London so it’s just ridiculously cheap rather than free) cinema tickets a week for a year and discounts on a whole heap of restaurants for a year.

I didn’t know this. Going to have a look at this. Cheers.

Good morning! 6'6. Forgot the Libre reader at home so probably no more readings until the afternoon (unless I feel the need to finger prick).

I'm happy with what I got done yesterday. Including buying a new railcard, which for the first time is the 26-30 years old instead of 16-25. What's going on, I was a teenager yesterday 😳! Anyway, got bargain train tickets and a nice room with breakfast included.

The kalettes were nice cooked with olive oil and garlic. The crisps were good as well with some salt. Today I will try Lidl's Spanish tortilla with chorizo. Yes, I should make it at home, but is time consuming and last week I didn't find eggs in the shop!

5.1 for me this morning. 🙂

Dez

Good morning! 6'6. Forgot the Libre reader at home so probably no more readings until the afternoon (unless I feel the need to finger prick).

I'm happy with what I got done yesterday. Including buying a new railcard, which for the first time is the 26-30 years old instead of 16-25. What's going on, I was a teenager yesterday 😳! Anyway, got bargain train tickets and a nice room with breakfast included.

The kalettes were nice cooked with olive oil and garlic. The crisps were good as well with some salt. Today I will try Lidl's Spanish tortilla with chorizo. Yes, I should make it at home, but is time consuming and last week I didn't find eggs in the shop!
I'm making a persian/spanish hybrid tortilla tonight. In Iran they grate the potatoes instead of using chunks, and mix grated courgette too, we also add chorizo. The chorizo is from Tesco, nothing like the ones my mum used to make, but those are long gone .

Morning folks. 6.3. Managed a better sleep again and chest is a little calmer but still full of yukky stuff. Will see if the waking of 6 was a fluke or bloods are getting back into line.

So my brother moved back to this side of the world from Australia last month and was planning on going to see him, my future sis in law to be and to finally meet my dinky nieces.
Was discussing with my lot again and we did some general price calculations on flights and train / ferry options etc which was extortionate. Can fly off to Spain for cheaper than to fly Scotland to The Isle of Man.
Anyway Eldest (she with dodgy knee) doesn't really want to travel and Son has volunteered to look after his sister and not come either (he can go see them on his own). My other Sis in law will be round the corner and is happy to be backup in case of any issues this end so looks like I'm traveling solo.
So first things first, need to renew my passport as you still need official ID for check-in and everything official I have has expired. Will look at dates once I have a new passport in hand and decide on how and when I'm going.
Kinda excited now :D

I’ve just done this Colin. Top Tip! Cheers. Passed it onto my girls. They eat pizza, we don’t, but good deal for cinema tickets though. Martin Lewis for Chancellor! 😉
Oh and BTW might not be here tomorrow, apparently I’m going to the Cairngorms for one night! :rofl:

I’ve just done this Colin. Top Tip! Cheers. Passed it onto my girls. They eat pizza, we don’t, but good deal for cinema tickets though. Martin Lewis for Chancellor! 😉
Oh and BTW might not be here tomorrow, apparently I’m going to the Cairngorms for one night! :rofl:
I'm wondering how long it will take the meerkat to catch up on the loophole.

7.4 this am. The lovely Jane dragged me out of our lovely warm bed to walk the granddaughter to school with her dad. So it was fairly windy but very warm, about 8deg and beautiful sunshine only a couple of miles.
I don't do walking. I had a rear-end while stopped at traffic lights by a mad Iranian woman texting while she had 2 children in the car a few years ago and it stuffed my coccyx.
I can ride a bike so that's my main form of exercise now. I shall be feeling the pain of this walk for days to come, oh well was worth it to see my little granddaughter's face when she heard I was accompanying them.
Great tip from @ColinUK , thanks - will look into it.

Got to Christchurch yesterday and ......no market. No idea why maybe just too windy. Ended up at Greggs with a chicken baguette and a cup of tea. Not exactly my home-made gourmet burger I was anticipating.......

It reminds me of quite a few years ago, when Hoover offered free flights to the US if you bought one of their products, not having worked out that people would buy one just to get the free tickets. They nearly bankrupted themselves, apart from not being able to keep up with production of their cheapest model.

Last edited:
Apparently they removed one day home contents cover and one day car insurance as qualifying products a few years ago but left travel as an option.

It reminds me of quite a few years ago, when Hoover offered free flights to the US if you bought one of their products, not having worked out that people would buy one just to get the free tickets. They nearly bankrupted themselves, apart from not being able to keep up with production of their cheapest model.
Not quite as good as United offering lifetime first class flights anywhere in the world to anyone who clocked up enough air miles.
One guy did. They reneged on the contract. He sued.

And there’s the Pepsi deal where they offered a fighter jet in exchange for 10m points but forgot to notice you could buy enough points to claim the jet by spending $600k and the jet was worth $12m or something.

Back