Group 7-day waking average?

6.4 for me this morning but there was a 1.5 correction involved at 3.40am when the alarm went off on 9.1. I had resisted the temptation (it was tough 🙄 ) to do a correction at bedtime when it was 9.1 with an upward sloping arrow so it must have come down below 9 at some point during the night for the alarm to then go off when it hit 9 again. No evening Levemir again so I was reasonably confident to do the correction at that hour of the morning, knowing that levels would almost certainly rise if I didn't and that worked very well, but a pain fiddling about with injections in the middle of the night. Didn't sleep well and had disturbing dreams most of the night which often happens when my levels are higher. I sleep like the dead when my levels are between 3.5 and 6, but I knew I couldn't afford to be in the red again overnight, so I played it safe.

I think I am just struggling to get to grips with the slightly different algorithm on the Libre 2 and as I tend to base my dosing decisions almost exclusively off Libre rather than carb counting it is not surprising that I am having some wobbles. Hopefully I will figure it out. It hasn't been helped by going a bit off piste with my diet recently. Too many birthdays to celebrate! Off out for fish and chips today as that was Ian's choice for his birthday treat.

RabiahShahid-_20fishing-birthday-card_20_4.jpg

Morning all on this bright sunny but below freezing day (according to the outdoor thermometer I bought J for Xmas). Unusual for it to be that chilly here, but he did stick it on the fence in a part of the garden that doesn't get the sun until later.

6.8 this morning. I did the proverbial again and bolussed for the meal I hardly ate, but I managed it well and only got one low warning at 03:58. It was 4.3 so I was able to fend it off with a JB, a Dextrose and a bit of biscuit. I think the biscuit was overkill.

J watching rugby again, so all I have in mind is to prepare the Sunday roast pork/potatoes/veg for this evening and maybe play my online game (Jewels of Rome) for a while. At 5:30 we're having a video call to catch up with our mate in southern France.

@ColinUK I adored today's CCC. I love anything camp - so many years in the airline formed my SOH. May I respectfully suggest you take a cushion to the next performances? Discreetly shove it in a small backpack. I need to for my bony bum if I intend to sit on anything hard.

@eggyg have a great party, hope you get a lolly to come home with.

@Grannylorraine your lunch sounds perfect! Enjoy! Happy Birthday.

@Gwynn just HUGS and hope your wife has a better day today.

Happy Sunday all....

PS.. I have been wondering about Lanny too.

Good afternoon everyone! 5'1 today.

On my way to a nearby city hoping to find a new backpack. Will be a bit short of time considering is Sunday and shops close earlier, but I woke up late with no plans for the day and decided it. I'm going away next weekend and my current backpack is looking rough, one of the straps is half broken and there are little pieces of plastic missing everywhere. I only got that one in November, sometimes buying cheap cost you more money later 🙄.

Morning all and 7.5 for me.

Didn't get anywhere with writing anything yesterday. The only instruments I've got that will do the tunings I want to use are at the rehearsal studio.

Now got a mandolin sound stuck in my head

@ColinUK I'm a bit of a sucker for period instruments.

Have a good day everyone.
I really like the sound of a baroque orchestra. And the score as a whole was great yesterday.
What was tricky though were the surtitles. Instead of being on a screen above the stage and keeping pace with the libretto like an autocue pretty much here they were on TV screens either side of the stage. Mainly they were almost like silent movie cards insofar as they’d tell you what was being said but more often in a narrative fashion.

This morning I’ve listened to Lucrezia Borgia and followed along with that in an Italian/English translation. That’s in preparation for Friday when I’m back at the same venue.

Morning all on this bright sunny but below freezing day (according to the outdoor thermometer I bought J for Xmas). Unusual for it to be that chilly here, but he did stick it on the fence in a part of the garden that doesn't get the sun until later.

6.8 this morning. I did the proverbial again and bolussed for the meal I hardly ate, but I managed it well and only got one low warning at 03:58. It was 4.3 so I was able to fend it off with a JB, a Dextrose and a bit of biscuit. I think the biscuit was overkill.

J watching rugby again, so all I have in mind is to prepare the Sunday roast pork/potatoes/veg for this evening and maybe play my online game (Jewels of Rome) for a while. At 5:30 we're having a video call to catch up with our mate in southern France.

@ColinUK I adored today's CCC. I love anything camp - so many years in the airline formed my SOH. May I respectfully suggest you take a cushion to the next performances? Discreetly shove it in a small backpack. I need to for my bony bum if I intend to sit on anything hard.

@eggyg have a great party, hope you get a lolly to come home with.

@Grannylorraine your lunch sounds perfect! Enjoy! Happy Birthday.

@Gwynn just HUGS and hope your wife has a better day today.

Happy Sunday all....

PS.. I have been wondering about Lanny too.
I’ve been looking at cushions on Amazon. Knowing my luck I’ll buy an inflatable one and it’ll sound like a fart cushion!!

Update: my wife is much better today, happy, singing, cooking. Phew!

Thanks for all you 'well wishes'

Morning all. 8.3

Barely any sleep last night so that’ll be why.

Quick Colin’s Cultural Corner incoming…

Cocaine Bear

Hugely fun, filled with comic book violence - lots of perfect arcs described through discovered limbs flying through the air and landing with a splat sort of thing.

Based on a real event where are drug smuggler dumped his cocaine in the middle of a forest and it was found and eaten by a bear.

Dubbed Pablo Escobear the poor beast died 26 minutes or so after eating a few kilos of the narcotic but not before causing enough terror to be described as having been “the most dangerous creature to ever have walked the face of the earth”.

The film is fictionalised and does the typical thing of getting a variety of people in the vicinity of the bear and putting it between them and safety. It does this with humour and quite a lot of skill.

It is genuinely funny in the way that a B-movie horror can be funny or riding a rollercoaster can make us laugh.

Great ensemble cast and really quite seamless cgi add to the overall quality and it is quality. It’s worth a watch but not worth hunting down in the cinema as it’ll be perfect for watching from the sofa alongside older teens who will squirm and laugh and perhaps jump out of their seats as they would watching Scream perhaps.

Morning all. 8.3

Barely any sleep last night so that’ll be why.

Quick Colin’s Cultural Corner incoming…

Cocaine Bear

Hugely fun, filled with comic book violence - lots of perfect arcs described through discovered limbs flying through the air and landing with a splat sort of thing.

Based on a real event where are drug smuggler dumped his cocaine in the middle of a forest and it was found and eaten by a bear.

Dubbed Pablo Escobear the poor beast died 26 minutes or so after eating a few kilos of the narcotic but not before causing enough terror to be described as having been “the most dangerous creature to ever have walked the face of the earth”.

The film is fictionalised and does the typical thing of getting a variety of people in the vicinity of the bear and putting it between them and safety. It does this with humour and quite a lot of skill.

It is genuinely funny in the way that a B-movie horror can be funny or riding a rollercoaster can make us laugh.

Great ensemble cast and really quite seamless cgi add to the overall quality and it is quality. It’s worth a watch but not worth hunting down in the cinema as it’ll be perfect for watching from the sofa alongside older teens who will squirm and laugh and perhaps jump out of their seats as they would watching Scream perhaps.
Morning! I've tried watching Cocaine Bear recently. It appeared to be too violent for me, but I still gave it a chance and had a lot of fun.

Morning all. 5.7 and a straight line overnight after a high caused by a trial with a jacket potato. I think the correction and the dancing at the tribute gig we wrnt to see has kept it even.

Back to work today. I could easily get used to staying home but must get on, still a few more years before i can retire mores the pity.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning a 6.4

Have a good day.

Good morning Monday
a Len Goodman for me today,

not sure what yesterdays BS was, I can’t remember if I tested, yesterday morning it was a long time ago..

eye treatment this afternoon we will see how that goes

have a great day everybody 😎

Back