Group 7-day waking average?

No HS for me today, 5.8. Congratulations on yours @ColinUK @Gwynn and @Elenka_HM !

Sandwich experiment yesterday went well - approx 27/28g carbs total as the "Danish" bread is a bit less substantial than standard bread, and just under 3mmol rise in BG from 4.6 to 7.5 at the 2 hour mark. I definitely needed the veg (peppers and cucumber slices) to help make it take longer to eat the meal so my stomach registered that I had fed it, but with the water I drank with it and a coffee when I got back to the office it was enough to not make me crave a snack. I think I'll still stick to homemade soups and stews for work lunch most days (and salads when it warms up...)

Morning all... another grey day.. might pick up though, there are hints through the cloud.

8.8 this morning, though in compensation I have had a Unicorn day - just! No doubt my home made lentil soup will spoil it at lunchtime!

So many houses today! Congrats @ColinUK @Elenka_HM and @Gwynn If you don't stop squabbling about the quality of your houses I shall consign you to this abode! And you will all share!cave-2112698__340.jpg

After an impromptu drink in the local pub followed by an Indian meal in our local restauran, I didn’t do too bad. Woke at 3am, scanned to a 8.4 and thought about a correction but it wasn’t until 4am that my sleepy head actually managed to co-ordinate a jab of 2U. Amazingly I woke properly at 7am to a 5.1, close, but no HS.

Congratulations on the Friday Three HS : @Elenka_HM , @ColinUK and @Gwynn !

Received a package in the mail yesterday from my DSN, a card showing sick day rules and a Caresens Dual meter so I now have the capability to test for ketones (hoping not to have to, but good to have the facility just in case). It feels really good that I am finally, after many years, getting the care appropriate to T1. Not that my care was lacking before, just that I always felt a bit of an outsider as although classed as T2 I was never taken down the T2 treatment pathway but left solely on insulin with only initial training from a really excellent hospital DSN then nothing else afterwards. That said, I was managing fairly well and it was only in the last couple of years that my HbA1c started to creep up a bit.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Looks very Moorish.
Just like your biscuits! 😉

By the way, has everyone using Libre2 seen the email from Abbott about not upgrading to Android 13? They seem to think this is the source of the problems. (I’m using “Android 12 or below” and still can’t get alarms on my mobile, but at least Abbott are doing something to address the issue, s’pose).

Last edited:
Morning all and 6.8 for me.

Managed to extricate the battery from the Mini without ripping the libre off. Now fully charged and ready to pop back in. I also had fun getting into the boot of my elderly Nissan via the back seat to release the catch in the hatch back which was jammed.

Have a good day everyone.

Just like your biscuits! 😉

By the way, has everyone using Libre2 seen the email from Abbott about not upgrading to Android 13? They seem to think this is the source of the problems. (I’m using “Android 12 or below” and still can’t get alarms on my mobile, but at least Abbott are doing something to address the issue, s’pose).
Oh yes, I had one. I ignored it because I use a reader and haven’t a clue which Android I’m on (yes, I am a technophobe) but if I’d thought, I’d have posted about it on here.

Afternoon all. Bitter and I've had to put on thick woolly socks as perished. I do not want to go out and get repeat meds, it's just too darned cold. 5.9 @ 7.19am 🙂

Congrats to @Gwynn and @Elenka_HM on your HS.

By the way, has everyone using Libre2 seen the email from Abbott about not upgrading to Android 13? They seem to think this is the source of the problems. (I’m using “Android 12 or below” and still can’t get alarms on my mobile, but at least Abbott are doing something to address the issue, s’pose
I had an email. My phone is Android 13. I see they have now reported the problem to MHRA but recommend that we turn bluetooth off and on and our phone off and on (as if we haven't already tried that!). I really hope its fixed soon. Having the alarms on the reader is draining thr battery fast and is another thing to carry around at work.

My unicorn day yesterday has not carried over to today. 3am spike followed by breakfast reading in the 8s, dropping to hypo after an hour and needing 4 JBs and a biscuit to keep it near 5 before lunch. Oh no..low alarm going off again....

You want us to live in a commune or something?!
We would be housemates! Yay!

If you guys are not comfortable with that we could have it 4 months a year each. Shouldn't be a problem to live somewhere else the rest of the year as we all have multiple properties now 😎

Oh yes, I had one. I ignored it because I use a reader and haven’t a clue which Android I’m on (yes, I am a technophobe) but if I’d thought, I’d have posted about it on here.
I haven’t got a clue which Android version my phone uses either! I’m much happier using the reader anyway - it actually works.

I haven’t got a clue which Android version my phone uses either! I’m much happier using the reader anyway - it actually works.

Good morning everyone

Well, the slight sore throat rumbles on. Almost enough to annoy !!!

BG 5.1 (perhaps part of a house?)
Pulse way low at 52. Happy with that

Today not much planned. I have to make the meat and potato pie and go for a walk, a big update to the App to make graph plotting slicker) and that's about it.

Almost time for breakfast. Excellent.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Back