Group 7-day waking average?

If you can develop an iOS app for bolus calculations allowing config to set up things like insulin sensitivity, insulin to carb ratios, etc. that would be brilliant 😉
There’s already 2 of those on my iPhone, why not just use one of the existing ones

Good morning, it’s a 4.9 for me today and the sun is trying to break through the light cloud layer at the moment.

Wow! @eggyg A House Special, a unicorn and a flatfish!! You really are on a roll! If you can make it another one tomorrow, I might think you were turning into Noah! Go out there and buy a lottery ticket!.... Not that I am suggesting this is anything other than great skill on your part at managing your diabetes of course! 😎

@Robin She is here too. 4.8 when I first woke up but then dropped back off to sleep. It seemed like 5 mins but was actually half an hour later when it was 6.6 and rising. I hit her with 3.5 units of Fiasp before I got out of bed and that sorted her out although I feel like a bit of a big bully as it was somewhat heavy handed ..... but I was rather expecting her equally unwelcome cousin to turn up as well and I wasn't having that!

@Ditto You have plenty of mates here Jan, so less of that talk!. Well done on the weight loss. I am pretty sure you would have had a House Special today if you had been able to test. 😉
Whatever happened to that bit of "guerilla gardening" you were doing a few years ago along the road?

So a 6.6 for me this morning.
I got a text from the GP surgery yesterday to say not to forget my appointment tomorrow at 2.10pm..... What appointment I thought! Just rang up to enquire and it turns out I have a diabetes review, foot tickle etc this afternoon and a letter was sent out on the 18th Jan but hasn't yet turned up. Not sure if they need a urine sample but will likely manage one on site if they need one and can supply water. Haven't had my feet checked in ages but that's OK because I check them myself regularly. Must hunt out some new respectable socks as most of mine sport a hole here and there or bits of hay seeds ingrained into the fabric which no amount of washing can remove.
Then I have the car booked in for MOT tomorrow so I need to replace the airbag squib in the steering wheel before it goes for test. For some reason the car keeps breaking them, so I change it for the test and then take the good one back out and put the duff one back in until next year's test. Cheating I know!. The only thing it effects is my safety if I was to have an accident and I can live with that risk considering the car only does a couple of thousand miles a year. I have had it to an autoelectical mechanic and he can't fix it so short of scrapping the car, this is my work around. The annoying thing is that the air bag will almost certainly work according to the electrician but it is the warning light on the dash which is the fault and an MOT fail. It is a right fiddly job too!

There’s already 2 of those on my iPhone, why not just use one of the existing ones
That’s interesting - which ones do you use? I just want a simple calculator to enter figures and have a bolus amount calculated. I use a spreadsheet at the moment, but an app would be a bit smoother to use. I use Librelink for recording carbs and glucose so I don’t want to record stuff in another app, i just want a calculator.

@Eternal422 I think people way cleverer than me have been puzzling that for a long time. T1 metabolisms are just not cooperative nor predictable and sometimes just obtuse.

It would be a great challenge but I think doomed to failure...except....

Morning all and a miraculous 6.4 for my. I say miraculous because last night after tea BG crashed to 2.2. A whole pack of dextrose tablets and 2 hours later and I reach the low fives. 2:15 am and the alarm on my phone wakes me up - 13.9 one correction blearily calculated and back to sleep. Looks like I got it right.

Have a good day everyone.

Good morning.
Nice enough day here - mix of blue sky and high cloud. BG 5.8.
Read the Riot Act to my "livery" as a distinct lack of work this month. Hopefully that will be sorted in couple of weeks when Alex is intending to finish flooring the loft. Payment is work not money but I can't afford to provide 7 bales of hay a week and get nothing in return. If the lad isn't up the loft ladder sharpish there will be words...
Hope everyone has a good day.

Morning

7.7 but did eat a lot of carbs again yesterday. Hen do didn’t go as planned, long story, daughter enjoyed herself despite all the things that went wrong.

@eggyg - congratulations on your HS,

That’s interesting - which ones do you use? I just want a simple calculator to enter figures and have a bolus amount calculated. I use a spreadsheet at the moment, but an app would be a bit smoother to use. I use Librelink for recording carbs and glucose so I don’t want to record stuff in another app, i just want a calculator.
There were a couple of BG meters that did that for you. I think one was an Abbott one...yes, Libre Insulinx and the other was an Accuchek Aviva. I still have both, whether either works or not I dunno as the batteries are flat, but if I do then you are welcome to one of them. My insulin pump does it for me now.

Morning all, fairly grey again today

A disappointing 8.1 - no doubt due to over-correcting a 4.2 at 01:35. Frankly I have lost the plot. I can't make head nor tail of JugGluco. I want my LibreLink back - sob. Nor do I like my current pump. I had my basals absolutely nailed with my old one which could be programmed in 0.01u per hour, not 0.05 like the current one. I knew when to tweak and got it right over 90% of the time. I suppose I am stuck with it for the next 3 years.

@eggyg congratulations on today's HS and Unicorn. How come LibreLink is still working for you? What phone do you have?

There were a couple of BG meters that did that for you. I think one was an Abbott one...yes, Libre Insulinx and the other was an Accuchek Aviva. I still have both, whether either works or not I dunno as the batteries are flat, but if I do then you are welcome to one of them. My insulin pump does it for me now.
Thanks, that’s really kind of you to offer. However I love just having my iPhone with me and don’t really want to have to take anything else when I’m out and about. The spreadsheet I have on the phone does it’s job, albeit a bit more clunky than a simple calculator style app. I’ve used the ideas and calculations from “Think Like A Pancreas” and so far it’s more or less right for me at the moment.

bedtime 7.1 then awake to 4.9 then fotf 5.5, am happy with that 🙂

Morning all, fairly grey again today

A disappointing 8.1 - no doubt due to over-correcting a 4.2 at 01:35. Frankly I have lost the plot. I can't make head nor tail of JugGluco. I want my LibreLink back - sob. Nor do I like my current pump. I had my basals absolutely nailed with my old one which could be programmed in 0.01u per hour, not 0.05 like the current one. I knew when to tweak and got it right over 90% of the time. I suppose I am stuck with it for the next 3 years.

@eggyg congratulations on today's HS and Unicorn. How come LibreLink is still working for you? What phone do you have?
I’ve an iPhone SE 20. Every time there’s an update I panic but so far so good.

go you. I never played it because I'm too tight to put on phone data but whatever works for you :D did you find any on your travels?
Back from another 12 km Pokemon hunt, I have to say that you're being very frugal! Phone data is cheap as chips these days.

But Pokemon Go's not for everyone.

The risk is that I end up staring at my phone compulsively rather than doing something more culturally edifying. I have to put controls in place such as an app-blocker.

But I love the escapism of the little fantasy creatures. My biggest current incentive is to build up my two virtual "buddies" into becoming lean, mean fighting machines, by walking long distances with them. One is a creature called a Steelix and the other is a Dragonite.

The last couple of days, I've met friends half-way through the walk from my home, in the suburbs of Calverley and Horsforth.

Regards
Rick

Morning all. A glorious 5.2, and to show off some more, a unicorn day too. According to the Libre graph it looks like I didn’t eat at all yesterday. But I assure you I did. I don’t know what’s going on. :confused: I suppose I should be pleased but it all seems very strange.

Zara day today. Not sure of our plans, she has developed an aversion to going out for a walk. When I ask if she wants to go to the park, her reply is “ no thanks Grandma”. She’s very polite, most of the time! 🙂

Congratulations @42istheanswer on your late entry to the HS club! Sounds like you had a busy day Have a great day all. It’s forecast for sun up here. 😎.
Young kids are very contrary, I was looking after my youngest granddaughter and her Mum had said she loved the soft play so we went there, cost £12 to go in, would she get out of the pushchair and go on anything, would she heck. Nothing would persuade her, not even bribery.

Young kids are very contrary, I was looking after my youngest granddaughter and her Mum had said she loved the soft play so we went there, cost £12 to go in, would she get out of the pushchair and go on anything, would she heck. Nothing would persuade her, not even bribery.
My daughter had a good idea and brought her ride on scooter. It’s easy to push and she can get off it she feels like walking. It worked!
We think maybe the buggy we use is getting a bit uncomfortable as she’s getting bigger. She’s two in four weeks time. Unfortunately, the scooter doesn’t have anywhere to put the shopping!

Attachments

• B858EACB-8646-4B95-A0FB-BCC882572522.jpeg
    B858EACB-8646-4B95-A0FB-BCC882572522.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 11
@eggyg congrats on the HS and unicorn day.
@Pattidevans i'm missing having alarms on my phone too. Hurry up Abbott!!

Back