Group 7-day waking average?

My olive tree goes in the shed in October and comes out in March. I rarely water it ( out of sight, out of mind) and it still survives. Maybe I should pop up and see it today just incase it hadn’t this year!
Oh, big congrats on your HS.
The shed is really an igloo you’re so far above the artic circle!

Wow @ColinUK you’ll definitely need your one woolly jumper on today. How will you soft southerns cope? In comparison we’re a balmy 6 degrees. I’ve got my shorts and crop top on! :rofl:
I only own one jumper. It’s a chunky knit cable sweater in a mohair and cashmere mix. I think I’ve worn it perhaps twice in the last four years. It sits nicely wrapped in tissue paper in a breathable but very moth proof box.

@Eternal422 well done on your HS. 🙂
6.2 for me after a very disturbed night's sleep.

Dez

Well, so far I am very impressed with the Libre 2. I have my alarms set at 4.1 and 9.0 and so far it has helped me avoid 4 red marks on my graph, two of which were through the night and also staved off going out of range at the top end once yesterday evening.

However I am pretty sure it got it slightly wrong with my waking reading of 7.5 with an upward sloping arrow. I had been 4.7 half an hour earlier. Of course I bolused from that 7.5 and rising reading and was then quite rapidly getting a low warning and only just headed off a hypo so that is something I need to be aware of and maybe take a second reading before I calculate a correction as well as bolus. I know I turned over to reach for the reader and scan and I just wonder if it was a rebound from a short compression. Or perhaps it just over exaggerated my DP. On the whole though I am very happy. I might lift my lower alarm to 4.2 just to give me a tiny bit more wriggle room, but I don't want it any higher as I sleep best in the low-mid 4s.

Many congrats to @Eternal422 on your House Special this morning and even better a lovely flatfish on your graph. Hope it gave you some nice restful sleep.

@Docb Sorry to hear your levels are steadily rising. I have always wondered if you might actually be LADA. Have you ever considered that yourself?

And it’s a 5.9 for me this frosty morning.

@Docb Sorry to hear your levels are steadily rising. I have always wondered if you might actually be LADA. Have you ever considered that yourself?

You might have worked out that I am not fond of labels as a means of breaking up what is in effect a spectrum. I have long felt that my glucose management system has been slowly getting more creaky, putting it down to natural ageing and I that might finish up on insulin if something else does not get me first. Reacting to events rather than using a label to predict the future just seems more sensible to me.

Last edited:
Good morning all. Nippy as usual. Pay day yay! Well attendance allowance, pip for ol' bids. :D Have ordered strips and batteries from ebay so I'll be able to post again. This forum keeps me on the straight and soon to be narrow! :D Have a good day all.

Morning all and 6.2 on the libre 2

Going well so far with the 2 and I've installed diabox on my phone which seems pretty reliable and it's good to have regular real time readings without scanning.

Rehearsal today and need to battle the booking system for a blood in test.

Have a good day everyone.

4.4mmol, frosty morning. 5.5 fotf

Hi everyone! 5'9 today.

Pleased to wake up in the 5s for a few days and to see I was in range all day yesterday, after the high levels I've seen during my holiday. I'm trying to make sensible food choices.

Watched the movie Burnt (main character played by Bradley Cooper) last night, one of the chefs in my workplace said it's the best chefs movie in his opinion. It was good, now I want to rewatch No Reservations, which I liked many years ago.

Thanks @ColinUK for the tips about pruning and @eggyg on your Olive Tree care (ours is planted in the ground but maybe covering with a fleece over winter months might be in order).

Here’s the sad state of them today.

Callistemon with sad brown leaves :

2712EBB1-531E-47E2-A591-59B339CC01D8.jpeg
Hebe on the left and Ceanothus on the right, both with brown leaves, Hebe is shedding its leaves now :

35B353E7-312F-4D99-A472-C89CB8D720BF.jpeg
But the Olive Tree may not be as bad as I thought :

5379A802-4F93-4A1C-B6DA-6112F5971D1C.jpeg
Roll on the Spring!

Does that work like a float?
How big an orange?!

Well I did swim on an orange… to line my stomach not literally!

Think the banana works better to be honest though. Orange is a better idea because of taking the iron before swimming and needing the vitamin c, but even though I ate immediately before driving to the pool my bg had gone from 5.5 on waking to 10.7 and rising fast by the time I was putting my things in the swim locker. I’m sure it wouldn’t normally go up that fast on a banana.

It didn’t feel like enough energy to swim on either, I got out after 16 lengths of feeling like I was swimming through concrete.

You might have worked out that I am not fond of labels as a means of breaking up what is in effect a spectrum. I have long felt that my glucose management system has been slowly getting more creaky, putting it down to natural ageing and I that might finish up on insulin if something else does not get me first. Reacting to events rather than using a label to predict the future just seems more sensible to me.
Problem with that approach is that labels decide what you’re eligible for. A label of T1 gets you insulin in the fridge when needed and a libre to monitor bgs. A label of T2 gets you a ‘must try harder’ lecture and not much else a lot of the time.

Problem with that approach is that labels decide what you’re eligible for. A label of T1 gets you insulin in the fridge when needed and a libre to monitor bgs. A label of T2 gets you a ‘must try harder’ lecture and not much else a lot of the time.
Yes, sadly that was pretty much my thoughts too. Life isn't fair. :(

Thanks @ColinUK for the tips about pruning and @eggyg on your Olive Tree care (ours is planted in the ground but maybe covering with a fleece over winter months might be in order).

Here’s the sad state of them today.

Callistemon with sad brown leaves :

View attachment 23892
Hebe on the left and Ceanothus on the right, both with brown leaves, Hebe is shedding its leaves now :

View attachment 23893
But the Olive Tree may not be as bad as I thought :

View attachment 23894
Roll on the Spring!
I went to check on my olive tree. Looks quite sad even though it’s been indoors ( albeit a draughty shed), hopefully it’ll perk up when spring comes. I can’t wait. I don’t like January at all.

rushing this morning (dozed off after my alarm) so decided it would be a non-checking day. work went fairly well right up until the end of the day, when I went to save the referral I had just spent about an hour compiling and the app seemed to crash, but not its usual crash where there is a spinning circle and "not responding" in the bar at the top, just literally not responding.... I decided to lock the computer rather than shut it down in the probably vain hope that I will find tomorrow that it has saved the referral... If not then I shall have to compile it again, although I did save the word document where I had put all the relevant copied information from the visits prior to starting to write the referral proper so hopefully it won't take a full hour to reproduce tomorrow if it isn't saved...

Back