Group 7-day waking average?

Woke up feeling a bit weird, but BS was only 4.8… realised I’d forgotten my Metformin for a few days again.

That was bad planning. Any newspaper knocking about? If so, cut into squares, thread string through the squares, knock a nail in the outside loo’s door, hang it on the nail and Bob’s your uncle. Sorted! :rofl:
A newspaper? How antiquated!

6.0 this morning after a very unusual day BG-wise yesterday.

I had a very low graph all day and no spikes for breakfast (when I would have expected a spike to at least 10) and nothing for lunch either. Dinner was a cheese omelette without milk so that wouldn’t have caused much of a spike, just the cheese.

861DA181-8F1C-4AF7-9BE3-338D82736A4F.jpeg
I guess as I started the day low the whole graph is shifted down. I did a few odd checks against finger stick tests and the sensor is more or less accurate. Let’s see what today brings!

Planning to visit a new garden centre not far from us at the new Cotswolds Designer Outlet (still being built but the garden centre is already open). Might be more of a coffee in the cafe day there than wandering outside!

Have a great day everyone!

And it was a 5.7 for me this very very frosty Sunday morning.

I'm joining you @Barrowman with a 5.7 too.

Good morning everyone. Its very frosty here this morning and the sky looks very grey. We had a fox in the garden again yesterday (we live in a busy, populated area, this fox is getting very brazen coming out and scouring gardens in the day) but i'm noticing a lot less pigeons. Could the fox be scaring them away? I hope so, the pigeons around here are huge and plentiful!

Nothing really planned for today, a soak in the bath, some crafting, reading, maybe a walk if i get restless. I need to save my energy for work, its so busy i'm exhausted by the end of each day! Have a good Sunday everyone.

Forgot to say Kung hei fat Choi for today! We are now in the Year of the Rabbit!

Morning all and 7.6 for me.

I may owe the surgery an apology. Yesterday the pharmacist told me that they had only received prescription for test strips. When I got round to opening the bag two libre 2 sensors were there. I presume they'd processed that separately as it was a change.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning

8.1 this morning, nothing much planned, just a bit of housework, and some exercise, too cold to go out running as this cold air seems to affect my asthma at the momen.

Have a good day everyone.

3.9 this am, fotf 5.1. An hr later started new sensor (normal expiry of the previous one)

I ventured out to get loo roll. Ended up at Columbia Road Market and bought this yucca.

I did also get loo rolls.260A5097-D8E4-474B-802C-EF1108719784.jpeg

@ColinUK Very nice but so pleased you got the loo rolls too! That looks a bit spikey as an alternative!. 😱 ....Might work as a loo brush though!

Well it was a 6.2 for me this morning after a single JB a couple of hours earlier for what Libre said was a 3.1. Probably nearer 4.1 and I now have more red on my graph but Hey Ho, it is still an amazing bit of kit that makes my diabetes so much easier to manage. I am feeling a bit sad to retire my old Libre reader today. It has served me well for nearly 3 years and it hasn't had an easy life and has a lot of battle scars, but today is the day I finally transition to Libre 2 and my shiny new blue reader which gives me a pretty 3 tone trill when I scan. I decided to start my new sensor just before the old one finished so in the last minute of the old sensor's life and the first minute of the new sensor's life I got comparison scans...
IMG_20230122_104952282_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
Very happy indeed with that, considering it is different sensors on different arms! I haven't double checked it with a finger prick yet but don't think it can be too far out when the two are so closely aligned.. Let's hope I continue to be impressed with it. Just curious as to what the alarms are going to sound like... Not too loud and jarring I hope.

Dinner was a cheese omelette without milk so that wouldn’t have caused much of a spike, just the cheese.
Why would cheese cause your levels to rise? There are a lot less carbs in cheese than milk. Negligible really, although you will get a rise from the protein in the eggs and cheese about 2 hours later if you didn't have any obvious carbs with the meal and no bolus insulin.
Good morning all.

11.6 which is at least a damn sight better than yesterday's 15.2.
Well done! I know battling disordered eating is tough, so important to celebrate each achievement. I find stocking up on low carb treats really helps me to manage both my diabetes and my cravings. Cutting the carbs and sugar and eating more fat was a big part of stopping the cravings for me and it still blows my mind that I now have control of my sugar addiction.

Well my levels have been stable in the 5s for the last couple of hours (dropping ever so slightly over the 2 hours from 6.0 to 5.2) so I have just done a finger prick comparison. 4.6 from the blood in my little finger of my left hand and then took a swipe of the Libre 2 sensor on my right arm and it gave me a 4.7..... Interestingly I scanned 7 mins earlier and it gave me 5.2, so..... either the Libre cheated and looked over my shoulder when I did the finger prick test and then copied with a slight deviation to make it look like it hadn't cheated (very devious 😉 ) or my levels are starting to fall a little bit less slowly than they were an hour ago. Either way, I am very impressed, especially if it cheated!

Well my levels have been stable in the 5s for the last couple of hours (dropping ever so slightly over the 2 hours from 6.0 to 5.2) so I have just done a finger prick comparison. 4.6 from the blood in my little finger of my left hand and then took a swipe of the Libre 2 sensor on my right arm and it gave me a 4.7..... Interestingly I scanned 7 mins earlier and it gave me 5.2, so..... either the Libre cheated and looked over my shoulder when I did the finger prick test and then copied with a slight deviation to make it look like it hadn't cheated (very devious 😉 ) or my levels are starting to fall a little bit less slowly than they were an hour ago. Either way, I am very impressed, especially if it cheated!
I find with the libre2 (when it works as expected) is, it'll be quite (or amazingly) accurate for 12-24hrs then settle into what the accuracy will tend to be for the duration.

Back