Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all on this dull and depressing relentlessly grey day

6.6 this morning and no night-time lows. Hopefully my basal adjustments will hold...

@eggyg re: composers being on drugs... we didn't seem to mind in the 60s when the Beatles et al were more or less permanently on LSD. Judy in the Sky with Diamonds, yellow submarine and many other songs were hugely popular. They're just as barking as Opera plots!

@MrPixels many congrats on your HS.

Sitting here freezing as we have no heating or hot water. The boiler always seems to have a hiccup right after it's service. It's still under warranty, but the Vaillant engineer can't come until tomorrow.

Got loads of bumf to read before the PPG meeting at 5:30.... when there will be (yet another) discussion on the purpose of the committee... I've been on it over 8 years now, you'd think some agreement would have been reached long ago. Time I resigned methinks.

I amazed, Doctors were only 15 mins late calling o_O
They are referring me to haematology.
Had a chat about the cause of it and mentioned the psoriasis as a possible and she said while it can mess with inflammation markers, it doesn't explain the higher white cell count. Told her my libre a1c to discount any notion that its my bg being the cause at this point.
Anyway will either hear from them or doctors about next steps.

I swear theres not enough coffee in the world today to keep me feeling fresh. Snuffliness has sorta lifted but coughing up a good amount of yukk. Ready for a nap at this rate....will try more coffee :rofl:

There was definitely a great big parrot in the performance I saw! I told you, barmy! :rofl:
They brought a real live horse on-stage during the version of Carmen I went to see with my mum n OH. It was such a bad production, OH went to the pub at the interval but me n mum stuck it out to the bitter, neighing finale. So bad...a nice colorful parrot would’ve lifted the mood! 😉

Sitting here freezing as we have no heating or hot water. The boiler always seems to have a hiccup right after it's service. It's still under warranty, but the Vaillant engineer can't come until tomorrow.
you have my sympathy, I've been without heating and hot water since the 30th December, its not fun, hope engineer sorts it out quickly and efficiently for you.

Last edited:
Evening all. Very late on parade today. I was 5.9 this morning. Hope you've all had a good day, despite all the rain!

you have my sympathy, I've been without heating and hot water since the 30th December, its not fun, hope engineer sorts it out quickly and efficiently for you.
I have read that and you have my utmost sympathy! In some ways it takes me back to my childhood, but frankly it isn't how we are used to living is it? I hope your dispute gets resolved soon... can you put your foot down?

I have read that and you have my utmost sympathy! In some ways it takes me back to my childhood, but frankly it isn't how we are used to living is it? I hope your dispute gets resolved soon... can you put your foot down?
Thank you and I sincerely hope your boiler is back up and working tomorrow. It takes me back to my childhood too 🙂 we only had a coal fire in the room and woke up to frost inside the windows and mum used to put the oven on in the kitchen on a morning until the coal fire 'got going' but we did have hot water even back then. Luckily we have an electric fire in the living room so that is warm, it's having to boil water for everything that is the main issue at the moment. I hope it is resolved soon but its out of my hands the insurance company who I have boiler cover with are investigating it and I have to wait for them. :(:( I keep reminding myself it could be worse 😉

Good morning everyone.

It's NOT raining!!! 🙂 but it's still cold and windy.

BG 4.6 excellent
BP 119/78 excellent
Pulse 53 I'll take that as an excellent
Oxygen Saturation 98 excellent

Plans today... to try to get out and take some exercise !!!

Meeting up with the church Pastor at 2pm to discuss the constant sound system problems with a view to sorting them out properly. It could be a tough meeting as the sound system has never really been seen as that important. But the problems are not just the technicalities but also with the technicians, most of whom are not. It will be a very interesting meeting.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Good morning - 6.8

Morning all. 4.7 today. 5.6 on Libre when I got downstairs, checked with metre 5.8, so sensor correct. Sailed very close to the wind all night, that’s because I was naughty, I was only 5.1 when I went to bed. Had really bad stomach problems yesterday and didn’t eat much at all, and I did not want to eat at 11pm, so I didn’t. Thank goodness for the knowledge I have alarms, they weren't needed thank goodness. Stomach feels better this morning, I’m fact I’m starving today. Don’t want to spend another day like yesterday though, so restricted diet today. :(

Grandchild free today! First time since last Thursday. It’s bliss. Housework to catch up on and some time to relax, I hope.

Have a fabulous day. 🙂

Hello there. 🙂 9.0 here - that’s cos my exercise routine is out of whack, I think. Hubby wants to do a longer walk this morning. Bring it on! Then I’m going to bite the bullet and go for a swim at my local pool. I loooove swimming, but haven’t been since the first lockdown. Can’t wait!

A little question, re: swimming: what % do other pumpers reduce their basal for a swim? I have no idea! 🙂

Love the new piggies @Northerner. 🙂

Keep on lurking @Kaylz. 🙂

6.1 for me today. 🙂
Was woken a couple of times in the night with torrential rain. 😱

Dez

Morning

6.4 today, working this morning, going for a run with my friend this afternoon, then my first session of stress management course this evening.

@Kaylz - good to see you and know you are ok.

Back