Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning, 4.1.

Managed to do the curtain repair (replaced some runners on the rail) at my parents yesterday on our visit but did nothing else as it was still a rainy, mainly miserable day. So rounded off the weekend with another movie - “Tick, tick, boom”. Can definitely recommend it, a bit quirky but made so much more poignant as it was about Jonathan Larson‘s life, American playwright who sadly died of an aortic dissection just before his 36th birthday.

Busy day at work today, so must get a move on, even though my commute is just along the landing to my home office!

Take care everyone!

That's good! You avoid any traffic on the stairs!

Morning all, 5.2 here! Yay, Birthday House Special. Am celebrating this morning by popping down the road to the surgery for blood tests and toe tickling. Thought I might as well get it over with early, so I don't have to fib about my alcohol consumption.

Morning all. 🙂 8.0 here.

First day in new job. Looking forward to meeting my students, but also looking forward to it being over LOL. Wish me luck!

Great work @Robin - a birthday HS. There must be a special name and prize for such a brilliant achievement. 😉 🙂

Hello! I too loved the cultural appreciation provided by @ColinUK which was perfect for this forum. I was lucky enough to study some Impressionism for my French GCSE but I had never spotted the bottles of Bass in Degas's work before. "Great stuff this Bass", as the TV commercials used to say.

8.6 this morning which is a welcome improvement on yesterday's 11.8 and some welcome reward for pounding the pavements of Leeds the last few days. Does this mean I'll be down to 5.4 tomorrow?

Good morning everyone.

Up very late at 7am. Normally I get up around 4am. Getting up late always messes up my early morning routine stuff...I have to get myself organised for the day.

However, BG excellent at 4.6 (20 minutes after getting up)
BP excellent at 118/78
Pulse excellent (for me) at 56

I just thought of an advantage to getting up late. Breakfast is later but soon afterwards I can have my morning snack (rice cakes and olive oil spread stuff). And they don't adversely affect my BG too. Oh, and a glass of tomato juice.

My glucose meter annoyed me this morning. Prepared everything, washed hands, found it difficult (unusually) to get any blood, managed a tiny drop, applied it to the strip, and... the meter shut down!!! Batteries ran out. Doh!!!

Today, a short walk. I am not keen on the cold weather and it looks like rain again too.

Still, its a cheese and tomato pizza (smallish slice) for tea tonight! With extra bits ... mushrooms, cheese, pineapple, more cheese, tomato paste, even more cheese.

The macro nutrition spider graph for today looks good too

Spider 9th Jan 2023.jpg

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Last edited:
Morning

6.2 which I am pleased with as it is my first morning back working, I am physically shaking, feel as bad as I did before, but at least I have something to work on with my therapy sessions. I started the day with meditation, but it hasn’t calmed me down at all today.

@Robin Happy Birthday and a wonderful start to the day with a HS,

@Robin Happy Birthday House Special. 🙂
5.9 for me today.

Dez

6 on the nose this morning. And prepare for more of Colin’s Cultural Commentary as tonight it’s The Magic Flute at Covent Garden!

And @Robin Happy Birthday House Special to you!

I was looking for a beautifully designed house that looked like a cake but stumbled upon this and it made me laugh so here’s what the baker has called The Little House on The Cake-board.
CECA9607-73AE-45B2-9E8F-C0866876782E.jpeg

Morning all, 5.2 here! Yay, Birthday House Special. Am celebrating this morning by popping down the road to the surgery for blood tests and toe tickling. Thought I might as well get it over with early, so I don't have to fib about my alcohol consumption.
An HS on your birthday? Must warrant a palace at least.

Attachments

• ee7af1db1fa14bafbc224dbff06f333c (1).jpg
    ee7af1db1fa14bafbc224dbff06f333c (1).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
Hello! I too loved the cultural appreciation provided by @ColinUK which was perfect for this forum. I was lucky enough to study some Impressionism for my French GCSE but I had never spotted the bottles of Bass in Degas's work before. "Great stuff this Bass", as the TV commercials used to say.

8.6 this morning which is a welcome improvement on yesterday's 11.8 and some welcome reward for pounding the pavements of Leeds the last few days. Does this mean I'll be down to 5.4 tomorrow?
Some of my best impressions have been French!

Good morning. 6.8. Nasty cold breeze after a night of rain.

Off to post birthday gifts for Grandson. Its a "watch it" theme - telescope (miniature Victorian), binoculars (modern light weight), gyroscope (hypnotising), and a pocket watch...Hopefully that means he can imagine being a pirate, a twitcher, a physicist, or an idle clock watcher. He is a bit turbo-charged so I think his Mum would be relieved if the worked on the last for an hour or two. I bet she is regretting the Christmas African drum...

Hope everyone has a good day.

Congratulations @Robin on your very special Birthday HS!

@ColinUK - interesting to see the paintings, great find! Enjoy the Magic Flute tonight - I am expecting a synopsis tomorrow :rofl:

Good morning! Was 3.9 and feeling slightly shaky on waking. +10gm CHO and 6.8 before breakfast. Need to talk with estate agents and start my tax return. They insist despite my income being less than single person's allowance. And no I am not Mr Starbuck! :rofl:

Also bagged down mid-Wordle! :(

Morning all and 7 for me.

Good news yesterday, officially confirmed as one of the headline bands at WGT (Wave Gotik Treffen) in Leipzig over the Whitsuntide bank holiday in Germany. It's one of my favourite events and this will be my fourth time. Not a massive event like Glastonbury but the venue we're at holds about 2000 so should be a good night.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all and 7 for me.

Good news yesterday, officially confirmed as one of the headline bands at WGT (Wave Gotik Treffen) in Leipzig over the Whitsuntide bank holiday in Germany. It's one of my favourite events and this will be my fourth time. Not a massive event like Glastonbury but the venue we're at holds about 2000 so should be a good night.

Have a good day everyone.

Excellent news! I've been listening to your stuff on streaming, and really enjoying it. I know a lot of Goths in Coventry and am a fan of the bigger acts (Mission, Sisters, AAE, etc.) so I have no idea why I missed SF. Last Goth-related band I saw was Attrition a few months ago.

Morning all. 8.5.
Had to do a chunky bedtime correction after the chow mein lit a rocket under my bg. I have never been able to consistently bolus with food from my local take out place (so don't get one often now).
Anyway 18 down to 8 was a safe bet which I nailed 😉
Will nudge the rest with brekkie.

A massive Happy Birthday to @Robin and congrats on the HS too!

Welcome @Nickilovesbooks and if you are struggling at the mo, make a new thread in the general messageboard with what you are needing help with. Its sometimes easier than posting for help in here as its a busy thread and could get overlooked x
Its useful to state what you are using to manage your diabetes ie insulins or oral medications along with the names as well as the general circumstances of your 3c diagnosis.

(have ended up pn the phone for an hour and didnt hit send - oops. off to do brekkie)

Morning all - weather was foul all night, high winds and driving rain. Now blue sky and scattred cloud.

7.2 this morning. Installed JugGluco yesterday - oh those alarms! Sounds like a cat having it's claws pulled out. Woke me at 1am. I treated with JBs and a temp -20% basal - nonetheless it went off again at 01:35. More JBs. Gotta adjust basals from 11pm.

Off to get bloods done this morning for thyroid issues.... then home for home-made roast pepper and tomato soup... via a local greengrocer to see if they have Seville Oranges as we are running out of marmalade.

Very Happy Birthday @Robin and Congrats on your HS... what a lovely start to the day!

Back