Group 7-day waking average?

Joining you today @ColinUK !

View attachment 23656
Ended up not doing anything yesterday, so definitely visiting my parents today. Watched 3 movies last night, something we haven’t done for ages. “As Good As It Gets” (Jack Nicholson) which was really good, a Netflix one “The Guilty”, low budget with only one main actor, but good story, then another Netflix one “Run” which was fairly good, bit of a psychological thriller.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Congratulations on the HS @Eternal422

Attachments

• 5C1315B0-BFB7-4D8F-93E6-EF36F9F6CEB4.jpeg
    5C1315B0-BFB7-4D8F-93E6-EF36F9F6CEB4.jpeg
    45.1 KB · Views: 3
Morning all - grey as usual. Been pouring down in the night.

9.1 this morning - arghhhhh last night's curry to blame, had both sag aloo and some naan with it.

Today, back to a roast chicken with the usual accompaniments. Also got to make roast pepper and tomato soup.

Congratulations @ColinUK and @Eternal422 on your HSs. You'll have to share this one... plenty of room inside though.

Attachments

• DSC00194.JPG
    DSC00194.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 5
And it’s a 5.8 for me this sunny morning and it’s not raining just for a change.

Good morning woke to a a shocking 9 today
still full of cough & cold but felling slightly more alive than yesterday,
bit disappointed that I couldn’t make my eye treatment, and that I couldn’t let them know I wasn’t going to attend.

I spoke to a GP on the phone about a few things on Friday, she had the results of latest blood tests back she said all was good, Hba1c was 58 but she wasn’t concerned (last test was 53)
but I am going to try and get it back down, to under 50.

Have a great day everybody 😎

It was a 6.1 for me this morning but getting there involved a 1.5 unit correction at bedtime and a 1 unit correction a couple of hours before I got up, plus a 1 unit Levemir dose last night because I didn't walk yesterday.... probably should have made it 2 units with hindsight 🙄 . That will teach me to share a fish and chip supper with Ian and not pre-bolus far enough in advance.

Many congratulations to our House Special achievers this morning @ColinUK and @Eternal422 Well done guys!

Went out for a stroll and ended up at the Courtauld Gallery.
I’ve never been inside before but have walked past many times. Today I went in.

It’s small compared to the behemoths like the National and the Tate but boy does it have some belters hanging on its walls!

Degas sketches, paintings and sculptures (which for once didn’t leave me feeling uncomfortable), Monets, Manets, Renoirs. Throw in some of the classic Gauguin pieces, Van Gogh’s self portrait with bandaged ear and a bunch of early 20th C works connected to the Bloomsbury Set plus examples of truly breathtaking Reubens’ and his contemporaries and a handful of silverware and ancient pottery and it was an absolute joy.

I didn’t snap pics of everything but only those things which really moved me.

EF143912-DEE2-4251-A82E-C296F86A0797.jpeg
Degas painted this during the siege of Paris. The woman was starving and he paid her with a hunk of meat which she devoured immediately.
She died not long after this was painted.

5F6B1865-5018-4383-A7C9-9D80DB1B467A.jpeg

AF49032D-C6F4-4021-844D-873F1C7AC1B0.jpeg

397FC243-F710-4013-90F6-F3A9F0E75635.jpeg

5719C3F1-4293-44B4-9317-5BF5DDC0FA71.jpeg
This just blew my socks off. I ended up sitting on the floor for ages getting lost in these azure seas.

And this, well we’ve all seen the image before I’m sure but the physical painting itself is just… well words fail me.
I did like the bottles of Bass on the bar!
517D6DD2-D478-4D03-8F25-9C0A8BEE335B.jpeg

Good morning 6.1 after a decent last night.
still not totally shook this cold but better than was on Saturday morning so back to work today,
Have a great day everybody 😎

Went out for a stroll and ended up at the Courtauld Gallery.
I’ve never been inside before but have walked past many times. Today I went in.

It’s small compared to the behemoths like the National and the Tate but boy does it have some belters hanging on its walls!

Degas sketches, paintings and sculptures (which for once didn’t leave me feeling uncomfortable), Monets, Manets, Renoirs. Throw in some of the classic Gauguin pieces, Van Gogh’s self portrait with bandaged ear and a bunch of early 20th C works connected to the Bloomsbury Set plus examples of truly breathtaking Reubens’ and his contemporaries and a handful of silverware and ancient pottery and it was an absolute joy.

I didn’t snap pics of everything but only those things which really moved me.

View attachment 23663
Degas painted this during the siege of Paris. The woman was starving and he paid her with a hunk of meat which she devoured immediately.
She died not long after this was painted.

View attachment 23664

View attachment 23665

View attachment 23666

View attachment 23667
This just blew my socks off. I ended up sitting on the floor for ages getting lost in these azure seas.

And this, well we’ve all seen the image before I’m sure but the physical painting itself is just… well words fail me.
I did like the bottles of Bass on the bar!
View attachment 23668
Thank you for sharing the culture with us @ColinUK

A very early good morning. 6.3 at 5.50am. Absolutely rubbish night. Roll on bedtime.

Child care day so need to be bright and breezy! Think I might take a nap when Zara does.

Have a great day all. 🙂

Good morning - 6.0

First day of term

Good morning. 5.8. Is it really Monday? Where did the weekend go? Why is it that it can take ages to sleep (i saw 2am!), you're too hot/cold/uncomfy but when its time to get up you're just right. I could do with a few more hours sleep, so tired.

Good morning, 4.1.

Managed to do the curtain repair (replaced some runners on the rail) at my parents yesterday on our visit but did nothing else as it was still a rainy, mainly miserable day. So rounded off the weekend with another movie - “Tick, tick, boom”. Can definitely recommend it, a bit quirky but made so much more poignant as it was about Jonathan Larson‘s life, American playwright who sadly died of an aortic dissection just before his 36th birthday.

Busy day at work today, so must get a move on, even though my commute is just along the landing to my home office!

Take care everyone!

Which Stephen King do you have? I recently read Fairy Tale which I enjoyed more than any other recent one of his.
All of 'em! :D I'm in the process of rereading and passing on to my granddaughter who is also a fan. There are some big books especially the Gunslinger ones, huge heavy tomes taking up a lot of space, so I'm offloading but not before I get the pleasure of reading them all again, good excuse. 🙂

Not been posting as have been too crook. Halfway through Magic Bullets but they're not making any difference up to now. I'm quite in despair with it all. Who has a cough since April!!!?

8.5 @ 5.26am have a great day all. 🙂

Back