Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning - 11.7

A night of about 3 hypos (4.1… but I’m not waiting till that actually goes low then waiting 10 minutes for it to come up) and the last one sending me up to 13.9

6.9 this morning.

I used to go out on NYE but haven’t for a few years now and can’t really get enthusiastic about it at all now.

When I lived very near the River Thames (and the fireworks!) I often went to bed about 11 and slept through. They didn’t bother the cats either.

Saw family last night and learnt that mum has had a flurry of emails from Nigerian Princes lately. Obviously not responded to any of them but that conversation led to the revelation that a distant cousin upped sticks in the 1950’s from London and married a Yoruba Prince and fully embraced polygamy.

First time we’d ever heard this tale! Imagine a Jewish, blond, blue eyed, teacher doing that in the 1950s!

The Prince/Chief had 8 years of schooling, seems to have been a road sweeper before educating himself, eventually setting up his own company which became the preeminent civil engineering and construction company in Nigeria.
He amassed great wealth and left hospitals all over Africa along with various schools and children’s homes all funded by a trust he established.

She rose along with him and was, we think, the first woman to chair the British-Nigerian Chamber of Commerce or possibly the British-African Trade Commission (the language is not clear in press reports).

They had a daughter who apparently was sole heir to the eventual estate (valued at £30m in 1961).

So there’s a line of Nigerian royalty today which is technically Jewish and family!

Good morning - BG 6.00 .
Today is my birthday so I have 2 things to celebrate - Hogmanay and having made it this far. It would be easier if I hadn't stubbed and broken a little toe yesterday - or perhaps it wouldn't - what better excuse to sit down, put the feet up and read a favourite book? No reels for me. Crispy Duck with pancakes and spring onions for dinner - followed by total idleness...
Alex and Carla are mucking my pair out today (which is good as the language when I put a shoe on is quite unladylike) as a sensible present.
Still feeling rather chuffed at getting a very small, Victorian, brass telescope for small Grandson - thus combining his interest in antiques with a practical aid to playing pirates. For once Ebay came good and didn't let me be outbid.
Hope everyone has a lovely time celebrating the turn of the year. Hopefully it will be better that 2022 for all of us.

Good morning - BG 6.00 .
Today is my birthday so I have 2 things to celebrate - Hogmanay and having made it this far. It would be easier if I hadn't stubbed and broken a little toe yesterday - or perhaps it wouldn't - what better excuse to sit down, put the feet up and read a favourite book? No reels for me. Crispy Duck with pancakes and spring onions for dinner - followed by total idleness...
Alex and Carla are mucking my pair out today (which is good as the language when I put a shoe on is quite unladylike) as a sensible present.
Still feeling rather chuffed at getting a very small, Victorian, brass telescope for small Grandson - thus combining his interest in antiques with a practical aid to playing pirates. For once Ebay came good and didn't let me be outbid.
Hope everyone has a lovely time celebrating the turn of the year. Hopefully it will be better that 2022 for all of us.
Happy birthday!!

Good morning - BG 6.00 .
Many happy returns of the day... Take care...

6.9 this morning.

I used to go out on NYE but haven’t for a few years now and can’t really get enthusiastic about it at all now.

When I lived very near the River Thames (and the fireworks!) I often went to bed about 11 and slept through. They didn’t bother the cats either.

Saw family last night and learnt that mum has had a flurry of emails from Nigerian Princes lately. Obviously not responded to any of them but that conversation led to the revelation that a distant cousin upped sticks in the 1950’s from London and married a Yoruba Prince and fully embraced polygamy.

First time we’d ever heard this tale! Imagine a Jewish, blond, blue eyed, teacher doing that in the 1950s!

The Prince/Chief had 8 years of schooling, seems to have been a road sweeper before educating himself, eventually setting up his own company which became the preeminent civil engineering and construction company in Nigeria.
He amassed great wealth and left hospitals all over Africa along with various schools and children’s homes all funded by a trust he established.

She rose along with him and was, we think, the first woman to chair the British-Nigerian Chamber of Commerce or possibly the British-African Trade Commission (the language is not clear in press reports).

They had a daughter who apparently was sole heir to the eventual estate (valued at £30m in 1961).

So there’s a line of Nigerian royalty today which is technically Jewish and family!
How interesting. You need to trace your long lost cousins ASAP. You could be heir to millions!

4.8 this morning.

Never really celebrated New Year, always feels like a miserable time of the year to me. I’m afraid I usually feel quite down at this time and see it as another year having passed, short days, bleak weather and Spring a long time off. I know I should be positive and grateful to have got here, but sometimes it is hard to see the positives. Sorry for those that do celebrate, don’t want to dampen your spirits!

Happy birthday @TinaD, sorry to hear about your toe! Good excuse to take it especially easy today!

@ColinUK , so will we now start getting messages from you asking for help in transferring millions to the UK but first you need a small admin fee and our account details?:rofl: Fascinating story though! You should research it more.

Take care everyone, see you all on the other side!

4.8 this morning.

Never really celebrated New Year, always feels like a miserable time of the year to me. I’m afraid I usually feel quite down at this time and see it as another year having passed, short days, bleak weather and Spring a long time off. I know I should be positive and grateful to have got here, but sometimes it is hard to see the positives. Sorry for those that do celebrate, don’t want to dampen your spirits!

Happy birthday @TinaD, sorry to hear about your toe! Good excuse to take it especially easy today!

@ColinUK , so will we now start getting messages from you asking for help in transferring millions to the UK but first you need a small admin fee and our account details?:rofl: Fascinating story though! You should research it more.

Take care everyone, see you all on the other side!
Strange you should mention it but you’ve won a prize in a lottery you’ve never heard of let alone entered.
All I need to do is have a copy of your birth certificate and passport along with your bank details and the long card number, expiry date and 3 digit security number for every card you have and you will receive your PRIZE WINNINGS CE$4710000000

@TinaD Happy Birthday & New Year. Hope you can celebrate both despite the toe. 🙂

Morning all. Woke to a 4.7 after a 3u correction overnight when i shot to 17 for some reason!!! No idea what is going on lately, possibly a mix of not being at work/still got the cough from the cold/time of year.

We're going for a walk somewhere today but will be staying in tonight with a film and a drink.

Happy Birthday @TinaD, have a lovely day.

@ColinUK, fascinating story.

@eggyg take it easy with that ankle.

@TinaD happy birthday! Hope you can enjoy it despite the toe!

@ColinUK how exciting, such a shame the family lost touch :rofl: . My family a few generations back apparently had money and land but someone gambled it away.... Not sure if it would have come down my line anyway

5.6 for me this morning. We will be playing a board game tonight, not sure who we will watch for the chimes at midnight.

Well, it was 10.3 the first time I woke up after a single JB at 3.40am for a 4.1 and a few minor red marks on my graph preceding it. I didn't take any Levemir again last night after multiple trips up the hill hauling haylage and feed buckets so I guess a DP rise was to be expected. Hit it with 3 units of Fiasp and 22 units (-2 from yesterday) of Levemir and tried to go back to sleep but wasn't very successful and had to start the day on a disappointing 8.7. Had a cup of coffee and headed up the hill with more haylage for GGs and that soon brought it down. 🙄 Forgot just how much exercise activates Fiasp and was suddenly 4.3 with a vertical downward arrow and only 2 JBs in my pocket and half a mile from home. 😱Thankfully 2 JBs was enough but it was a close call and must remember to restock pockets before they get that depleted.

Happy Birthday @TinaD and Many Happy Returns. Sorry to hear about your toe. The problem with little toes is that they are in a vulnerable position and prone to getting stubbed, especially once they are already injured, so do be extra careful. They put me in a cast as a child to protect mine because I couldn't negotiate a doorway without smacking it off the door jamb and when it was already broken that definitely did not lend itself to the healing process. Not sure my Dad was impressed at the idea of a cast marking his paintwork but it slowed me down enough to be more careful when negotiating doorways until I got over that awkward clumsy stage.
Will Taras be on his own tonight? Just wondered if the family had returned. Must be hard for him being away from home and family at this time of year.

Anyway, all the very best to everyone. here's hoping 2023 is a good one for all of us.

Morning all - this grey and wet day.

7.4 this morning. Not too disappointed as I had Christmas pud (my first this Xmas) and dates as well last night. The pud was delicious and I could have carried on eating the dates, except for a high glucose warning.

Happy Birthday @TinaD and sympathies in regard to your toe.

Both still coughing for England, so going to do nothing much at all. Have a really good time all of you celebrating and Very Happy New Year to everyone.

Back