Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

9.1 for me today, but that was the late night snacking including chocolate orange. Anyway all the Christmas food has gone now, we didn’t buy much sweet stuff apart from a few of hubbies favourites.

Very dark and gloomy day again, but apart from going to see mum for a couple of hours later, I won’t be doing much again, might do some housework or might leave that until tomorro.

Last edited:
8.5 when I first woke up and was in the 8s most of the night after a 2 unit correction at bedtime for a 10. As a result I did not sleep soundly. My body really prefers to be 4s and 5s for good sleep.
I hauled the horses' feed up the hill on my back for the first time in ages last night (been cheating and using the Freelander over the festive season) so I thought I would get away with no evening Levemir. ie. a 2.5 reduction and was even planning another 2 unit reduction this morning (that didn't happen 🙄 ). I should have twigged when my levels stayed solidly on 7.2 for the whole 1.5 hours of exertive work it took me that it wasn't going to play ball, but I was convinced it would drop when I went to sleep. Stayed up late making a huge stock pot of turkey broth into the small hours and was surprised to see it had risen to 10.3 instead of gone down, but it was too late/early to inject a bit of Levemir at that time, so just did a correction, which was clearly of very limited effect. 🙄
Anyway, I hate starting the day too high, so I jabbed my morning Levemir (all 24 units) followed by 7 units of Fiasp for breakfast and correction and woke up 35mins later on a better looking 6.6. Just enough time to get my breakfast yoghurt and berries before it started to really kick in and drop my levels fast. Perfect timing!

Morning all. 3.9 for me this morning. Caught it just in time did get up to 97% in range yesterday. Don't know how with all the stress from yesterday. Mothers been kept in flu A took me 4 hours before someone in a and e picked the phone up . Got to ring today after doctors done rounds . She must be terrified with been totally blind the staff sometimes forget . Just put her meal down and walk away . Hope everyone is doing well ❤️‍

5.0 this morning for me.

Starting to get back into normal routines now, so hopefully BG will be a bit more stable and predictable (as much as it ever can be!).

It’s looking like our New Years Day outing to the sea won’t be happening this year due to rain on whichever coast we pick (apart from the East coast but that is around a 4 hour drive away, so too much for a day trip). To think that last New Years Day we had a walk on Formby Beach wearing just hoodies and it was warm and sunny!

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing and stay dry!
I had a friend who lived in Formby for a while and she took me to some woodland where there were red squirrels, are they still there. Also walking on the beach with her dogs.

Morning all - FWIW it's miserable here too.

6.3 this morning. Very late waking, but then I was up at 2:30 with a coughing fit and it took ages for me to drop off again.

Not really been anywhere since Xmas, apart from Tesco to pick up a few bits of party food for NYE as we shan't be going anywhere. Picked up a lovely pair of bright green pyjamas that were reduced from £12:50 to £5.25!! Well pleased!

I had a friend who lived in Formby for a while and she took me to some woodland where there were red squirrels, are they still there. Also walking on the beach with her dogs.
There are still red squirrels but not as many as there used to be and they no longer encourage visitors to directly feed them

6.1 for me this morning. Planning a quiet day of sorting clutter out

We didn’t see any red squirrels, but there are pine trees in a wooded area as you go inland from the sand dunes, so possibly they are in there?

Good afternoon. Having a horrid day. Cough thing is now affecting cardio I think. I'm just guessing really but back is excruciating, like where I imagine my lungs are and thudding, absolutely horrible. Worries me as when my sister had her heart attack she had pain in her back not her chest. I'm such a hypochondriac! I slept the morning away after a paracetomol. Can't take much else with having the liver trouble and only one of those. :( Ill since April, that is ridiculous.

7.9 @ 5.55am have a good day all. 🙂

Morning all. 4.9

Going with the kids to see Avatar 2 again today :D We all want a re-watch of it. Should be out of town by 4pm which was a stipulation for me. Want to avoid the folks starting in the pubs early 😉

No plans for tonight apart from movies at home with the kids, some light movie snacks and no booze. No one wanted anything to see in the new year. There's a good chance I'll be sleeping since getting up at 6am :rofl:.

For all celebrating, hope you all have a fun night tonight and may the hangovers be absent tomorrow :D

See ya all next year x

A good morning all. Another low reading, for me, 5 and a unicorn day to claim. Shared a portion of fish and chips last night, as we’d had the kids all day, and bolused it to perfection.

We are having the family around tomorrow for New Year Day’s tea. 5/6pm . It was a hard call as I didn’t think I’d be able to manage to cook for 13 whilst hobbling. So a compromise was made, the girls are supplying the starters, sides, and cheese and biscuits. (We’re having a hot buffet.) We’ll supply the meats, roast beef, pulled pork and gammon, the roast potatoes and the puddings. Today’s task is individual tiramasu pots and a cheesecake. I haven’t made a cheesecake in years, so starting simple. Ginger nut biscuit base and a classic lemon filling. What could possibly go wrong? 🙄

We will have a quiet night in, monkfish Madras tonight, and see the New Year in with Jools and be in bed not much after Big Ben chimes.

Happy New Year everyone. See you in 2023. 🙂

Our granddaughter loved her Belle doll we got her for her birthday. Coincidentally she came to ours dressed like this. :rofl:

Attachments

• FADD8A42-CF38-4FF3-BE56-4F5FB7C53711.jpeg
    FADD8A42-CF38-4FF3-BE56-4F5FB7C53711.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 14
A good morning all. Another low reading, for me, 5 and a unicorn day to claim. Shared a portion of fish and chips last night, as we’d had the kids all day, and bolused it to perfection.

We are having the family around tomorrow for New Year Day’s tea. 5/6pm . It was a hard call as I didn’t think I’d be able to manage to cook for 13 whilst hobbling. So a compromise was made, the girls are supplying the starters, sides, and cheese and biscuits. (We’re having a hot buffet.) We’ll supply the meats, roast beef, pulled pork and gammon, the roast potatoes and the puddings. Today’s task is individual tiramasu pots and a cheesecake. I haven’t made a cheesecake in years, so starting simple. Ginger nut biscuit base and a classic lemon filling. What could possibly go wrong? 🙄

We will have a quiet night in, monkfish Madras tonight, and see the New Year in with Jools and be in bed not much after Big Ben chimes.

Happy New Year everyone. See you in 2023. 🙂

Our granddaughter loved her Belle doll we got her for her birthday. Coincidentally she came to ours dressed like this. :rofl:

When I was young my parents put the clocks forward so we kiddos went up to bed. Being the eldest I sneaked back down too see the new year in. In my teens and twenties it was a pub crawl which finished when they started tickets. Once I just stayed in the toilets reading the Times! Then around friends for many years. We planned to go out for the Millennium but everything was the typical British rip off! One restaurant reduced their price a few days before but would not refund those that had brought tickets at a higher price. The bar steward closed in the March as virtually everyone boycotted him. There is an event in the over 60s development I live in. Not sure whether to go as watching people nod off one-by-one is as boring as most televised football! 🙂

Morning all, 5.3 here. Will probably prop eyes upon matchsticks and watch the New Year in with the family, I’m not good at late nights, but I have been known to go to bed, discover I’m still awake at ten to midnight, and sneak downstairs again to join the others.

Good morning! Two fat ladies 8.8 at 8.it was 15.0 when I woke at 4:00. No idea why as similar meal last night as day before so I slam dunked 10 of Actrapid. Not feeling 100% yesterday I ran Covid 19 test which was negative. I wasn't happy with the crappy kit off Amazon so have ordered from a different supplier for delivery later. This extreme variability makes zero sense. Damn you DF! :(

5.8 for me today. 🙂
A quiet night in for us with a curry for dinner.
Wishing everyone A Happy New Year and enjoy yourselves whatever you are doing,

Dez

Back