Group 7-day waking average?

dorry i've been so distant recenttly it was 7 this morning

Morning all - after 2 completely vile days we are now having our 2nd beautiful sunny morning.

5.2 this morning following a disgraceful 15+ at bedtime and a 3.5u correction.

Didn't get round to posting yesterday, I'd just written the first sentence when hubby wanted us to go out "now" to deliver local cards around town and "pop into Lidl for a few bits and pieces". So I sighed and put my coat on. Bought stuff in Lidl then decided we might as well go to Tesco and get the grocery shopping over with. Arrived in Tesco car park to find the clubcard was not where we keep it, i.e. in the cup holder between the front seats of the car. It's not far from home, so we popped back to get it. Arrived at home to discover we were locked out. I had locked the front door and couldn't recall where I'd put the keys, no they weren't in the cup holder where I normally drop them, nor in my bag or any of my pockets. I think they must have fallen out of my pocket when I got out of the car numerous times to stick cards through people's doors. Fortunately a friend has a key and she was kind enough to arrive 5 mins later and let us in. Then back to Tesco, who had no unwaxed lemons or red cabbage.... so on to Sainsbury's where I had a prescription to pick up anyway and finally the petrol station to fill up.... so our "quick" errand took all afternoon and by the time we got home I had lost the will to live!

Still, all cards now sent/delivered, parcels wrapped under the tree and grocery shopping done!

Talking about families at Xmas... we once had 12 house guests for Christmas (fortunately we owned a hotel at the time) including Julian's mother, his father, his father's 2nd wife and my mum, various friends and assorted children. It went surprisingly well - no one killed each other - except that FIL and his wife went out on Xmas eve to the British Legion and when they came home they decided they were peckish, so step-mum-in-law went to the fridge and carved a whacking great wedge out of the middle of the glazed ham that was meant to be the centrepiece of the Boxing day buffet party for friends.

@ColinUK love the adventure with the firemen. Glad to hear you are healing and what a view whilst you were waiting, I hope you had a book with you. I never go anywhere I might have to wait without my kindle.

@eggyg - ouch.... glad to hear you've not broken anything but as everyone has been saying, let everyone else run round after you.

@TinaD... we can all come and visit now your water is back on, and no need for pegs on our noses!

Take care all....

Attachments

• IMG_20221219_150417041~2.jpg
    IMG_20221219_150417041~2.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20221221_094049188.jpg
    IMG_20221221_094049188.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 4
Morning good peeps. 🙂 7.4 here.

Great news on the foot front @ColinUK. I hope it’s fully healed asap.

Count down to Christmas! Who’s excited? I’m just looking fwd to seeing my brother and his family. They’re a good larf. That’s what it’s all about!
It’ll take a good year or so they reckon.

Morning all - after 2 completely vile days we are now having our 2nd beautiful sunny morning.

Didn't get round to posting yesterday, I'd just written the first sentence when hubby wanted us to go out "now" to deliver local cards around town and "pop into Lidl for a few bits and pieces". So I sighed and put my coat on. Bought stuff in Lidl then decided we might as well go to Tesco and get the grocery shopping over with. Arrived in Tesco car park to find the clubcard was not where we keep it, i.e. in the cup holder between the front seats of the car. It's not far from home, so we popped back to get it. Arrived at home to discover we were locked out. I had locked the front door and couldn't recall where I'd put the keys, no they weren't in the cup holder where I normally drop them, nor in my bag or any of my pockets. I think they must have fallen out of my pocket when I got out of the car numerous times to stick cards through people's doors. Fortunately a friend has a key and she was kind enough to arrive 5 mins later and let us in. Then back to Tesco, who had no unwaxed lemons or red cabbage.... so on to Sainsbury's where I had a prescription to pick up anyway and finally the petrol station to fill up.... so our "quick" errand took all afternoon and by the time we got home I had lost the will to live!

Still, all cards now sent/delivered, parcels wrapped under the tree and grocery shopping done!

Talking about families at Xmas... we once had 12 house guests for Christmas (fortunately we owned a hotel at the time) including Julian's mother, his father, his father's 2nd wife and my mum, various friends and assorted children. It went surprisingly well - no one killed each other - except that FIL and his wife went out on Xmas eve to the British Legion and when they came home they decided they were peckish, so step-mum-in-law went to the fridge and carved a whacking great wedge out of the middle of the glazed ham that was meant to be the centrepiece of the Boxing day buffet party for friends.

@ColinUK love the adventure with the firemen. Glad to hear you are healing and what a view whilst you were waiting, I hope you had a book with you. I never go anywhere I might have to wait without my kindle.

@eggyg - ouch.... glad to hear you've not broken anything but as everyone has been saying, let everyone else run round after you.

@TinaD... we can all come and visit now your water is back on, and no need for pegs on our noses!

Take care all....
I had my Kindle with me! When I go for a hospital appointment it always gets to come along for the ride.

Take care all....
Oh dear Patti, that sounds like one of our days! Top tip, download the Tesco groceries app, once you’ve filled in your life story your card details are all there just to zap at the till. You’ll also get your Clubcard vouchers on there too, saves leaving them in another handbag and eventually finding them one day after the expiry date! Just don’t forget your phone! 😉

I suddenly thought yesterday we hadn't 'seen' you recently and was wondering if you were OK.
well i've still got my problems which are geting worst partlly why i havent been on here(i know its only psting on forum but i;ve just been drained)

How does one murder Dawn? *asking for a friend* (caught up on some major sleep though)
View attachment 23401
i've started(when i could noy posiible for the next few weeks as i'm not in my own home) wrighing my backfast out the night before ) so i could get the injectiintion before i've moved around two much)

Good afternoon everyone. 7'6.

Didn't get to post yesterday. Work Christmas party was fun, and I had a very pleasant surprise as I was awarded as Employee of the Year. Some people came to me later to say it was well deserved. Might be a bit of corporate bulls*** but I was proud and enjoyed my minute of fame 🙂 Some of us went for more drinks and dance afterwards, it was more animated than I expected for a Monday, and BG behaved.

Just had follow up check at surgery. HbA1c is 46, everything else is good.

Repeat of blood is for kidney/potassium only slightly higher than should be but could have been caused by my cold. Blood test done so i don't have to go back.

She mentioned my weight, saying my BMI was slightly higher than they like and offered me a dietician. I went through my diet with her and she said it probably wouldn't be worth seeing a dietician atm but the offer is there if i ever want it. She was much nicer than last years nurse who was horrible about my weight.

Anyway, i'm quite pleased with the result.

Take care all....
You would be most welcome to visit the (now) sweetly smelling person and abode - but make it Hogmanay as I am in Oxfordshire for Christmas! A very bright star for your HS and for your surviving the great Christmas stock up. I am still hunting that final present for my Grandon (7 on the 6th Jan) who has caught the antiques bug from me - looking for an old pocket watch and a small marine telescope (like the pirates had Grannie)!

It is nice to read people getting ready for Christmas. I did go to Tesco and buy some of the 19p vegetables for everyday cooking, it was a good deal. I am working on Christmas Day and I won't be home until 5pm at least, and I live with a bunch of housemates so there are chances the stoves and oven will be taken. Plus, I'll probably be on my own for dinner (unless I join some of said housemates in the common room). So I don't plan on cooking that day. The menu I have in mind is homemade soup (already in the freezer), pate, cheese with biscuits, some nuts or crisps, and then I have all sorts of sweets to choose from for dessert. I doubt about inviting a friend but I think she already has a plan, and I would feel pressured to make a more substantial main course, which doesn't fit in my hassle free plan. I'd be glad to invite everyone for wine/prosecco and sweets tho, I have way too many!

@Elenka_HM what I have learned over the years is Christmas should be whatever you want it to be. I threw tradition out years ago and we make it our own.
If you love and appreciate cooking a proper traditional dinner, that's brilliant but I learned many years ago a less stressful approach was right for us. Everything out the freezer to the table in an hour (except the meat) and no set mealtime, just when everyone is kinda hungry at the same time.
There is usually just me and the (adult) kids so we do have the benefit of being able to relax more 😉

Oh dear Patti, that sounds like one of our days! Top tip, download the Tesco groceries app, once you’ve filled in your life story your card details are all there just to zap at the till. You’ll also get your Clubcard vouchers on there too, saves leaving them in another handbag and eventually finding them one day after the expiry date! Just don’t forget your phone! 😉
Good thinking @eggyg. I've got Nectar and Morrisons on my phone, so I don't know why I didn't have Tesco.
@Pattidevans congrats on the HS. Did you ever retrace your steps to find your keys?
No, by the time we got home it was dark. Suppose we ought to, but fortunately there's nothing at all on the key tag that would identify where/to whom they belong. It's just a yale-type front door key.

@TinaD Hogmanay it is!!!

congratulations on HS @Pattidevans
Well done and congratulations on a brilliant HbA1c @freesia

5.1 for me this morning

Back