Group 7-day waking average?

Morning

7.1 this morning after a pizza last night. Got all the cakes boxed up and all the presents wrapped. Finally the snow and ice has gone off of my car, which is good as I am taking mum to the crematorium today, as it would have been dad’s 88th birthday today. Then going into the town for the few bits I need.

@eggyg - I think you are making the right decision to go and get it checked out, hope you don’t have to wait too long to be seen and it turns out to be a sprain, love that you are going prepared with sandwiches good idea.

Good morning. 5.5 today - which is good given I had next to no sleep.

Yesterdays restful book reading didn't happen - much running about setting up an emergency water supply did as the mains have burst near the source so much of Ceredigion is without a supply. Dwr Cymru delivering water to Llandysul church where, according to my splendid neighbours, some people were behaving irresponsibly and taking much more than their fair share of bottled water and also scattering stuff about. Notwithstanding that they managed to get water by driving down twice for Taras and themselves - on the first occasion getting a mere 2 bottles and none for themselves - a feat achieved by claiming I was bed ridden! This since I had been setting up a 1000L tank under the barn gutters to supply the GGs and a gorilla bucket by the house to flush the loo made us giggle a bit. Mind you if I have to carry water to the animals much longer they may be right - it is not amusing to have no automatic water delivery with 3 thirsts to supply. 25 lb plus each bucket full - ouch.
Still I am much luckier than most as I have the stockpot on the woodburner so I can have hot water for a wash, even if it is only on the bits that show. Also my neighbours are downright brilliant and I am proud of young Alex who has been checking on and provisioning OAPs on his estate. Carla also deserves grateful recognition for bring in food from Aldi's where she works.
Today 48 kn gales with heavy rain to come - since the gutters provided 750L overnight I think Noah's flood is expected.
Dwr Cymru promised mains back on by midnight but it didn't happen and local scuttlebutt is for it not to be on until Tuesday night if then. Nipping down to Boots for my prescription before it gets worse - at least the ice is gone.
@eggyg Much relieved to see that you are heading off for an X-ray. Hope it is just a sprain but essential you get it checked.
@ColinUK May I borrow your Mother? That feast sounds like an excellent reason to abandon diabetes care for several days. I am drooling.

Have a good day everyone.

And it’s a 6.4 for me this morning.

And all the snow has finally gone after the rain overnight - and it’s 13.1c, a positive heatwave.or wot…..

@eggyg Good luck. Hope you don't have a long wait and your injury isn't serious.

5.1 this morning at 8am still on phone to home emergency services regarding boiler that is dripping, still have heating and hot water though, fingers crossed. spent hours on hold, filled in online form but haven't heard anything from them since 12.31 yesterday morning, don't expect it to be a priority as there are people without heating and water but expect to be kept informed grrrr!!!
@eggyg glad you're going to a&e to get your ankle checked out, hopefully its just a sprain and hopefully you won't be there all day keep us informed
@ColinUK your mum's food sounds delicious
have a good day everyone

Morning all. 5.3 for me, just missed a house! 🙂 That was after M&S lust too, succumbed to half a quiche and will be having another wedge today and then it's gone if brother has the other wedge. I luvs M&S food. 😛

8.6 for me this morning but been in double figures a lot of the night.
Good luck @eggyg. Might be quicker to drive over here and go to Shotley Bridge "walk in" centre. They can deal with anything below the knee and do x-rays and they are usually pretty quiet with just one or two patients waiting to be seen.

Morning all - much the same as yesterday, wet and wild.

6.3 with an astonishingly flat line overnight. I'll count that as a success after roast potatoes, parsnips and peas for dinner.

Was going to go shopping to top up veg this afternoon but have just realised I have a phone appointment with the surgery pharmacist to review my meds at 3pm. BAH... that ruins my afternoon, though it's long overdue.

@eggyg, good luck, keeping my fingers crossed that it is merely a sprain. Good luck.

@TinaD you really do have my sympathies with your water problems. Not nice at all in this filthy weather.

@ColinUK your mother's food sounds amazing!

8.6 for me this morning but been in double figures a lot of the night.
Good luck @eggyg. Might be quicker to drive over here and go to Shotley Bridge "walk in" centre. They can deal with anything below the knee and do x-rays and they are usually pretty quiet with just one or two patients waiting to be seen.
Wish I’d known that. It’s packed in A&E. Been triaged, asked what happened said we’ll request an X-ray, there’s a long wait! I’ve sent Mr Eggy home. In for the long haul I think.

Good day, everyone. 5'8.

Tonight we have the company Christmas party. Excited about the free dinner and the occasion to wear a nice dress and feel all special. I don't usually wear makeup but want to do today. There will also be music to dance, which I love, and cheap drinks. I want to make the most of it but have to behave, as managers will be around :D Diabetes wise I'm happy to have the Libre to keep an eye on BGs, the sensor is going to be visible so I wonder if I'll get any questions. Not worried, I'd just be tempted to give a silly answer and see the reaction.

I luvs M&S food. 😛
Mee too! I like to pop in when I visit my friends in a city. Actually yesterday was one of this times and my friend seems to find it funny, she was telling another friend that I always buy some food when I go. What can I do, I have a fine taste and there's no fancy supermarket in my town!

So, it was a good day. Mainly because I got to see this friend, who is moving to Australia soon, and had a good laugh and lot of chat in my native language. Sometimes one forgets how different it is. And as a little extra, I had just enough time for a little trip to M&S and picked a few bits for Christmas. I had 3 different sweet treats in my basket but was reasonable and picked just one, plus a savoury snack, marcona almonds and biscuits for cheese. I've bought similar looking biscuits before from Lidl and was wondering if it was worth paying the extra, but I don't think I'll fancy a trip to Lidl this week and I wanted them to go with some pate and cheese I already bought (in Lidl, btw ). So we will see if they taste better or is only fancy packaging.

Update.
X-ray done, not broken, phew! They’re going to strap it up and I’ve to rest for another 3/4 days, ice, elevation etc. Just waiting outside fracture clinic. Shouldn’t be too long. Could have been a lot worse.

Update.
X-ray done, not broken, phew! They’re going to strap it up and I’ve to rest for another 3/4 days, ice, elevation etc. Just waiting outside fracture clinic. Shouldn’t be too long. Could have been a lot worse.
Good news its not broken @eggyg. Now make sure Mr Eggy and your grandchildren run around after you.

Update.
Great news @eggyg 🙂 Take the opportunity to be waited on hand and foot for the new days. 😉

Dez

Glad nothing broken @eggyg ! I’m sure you’ll have lots of people looking after you now whilst you rest up to recover!

Back