Group 7-day waking average?

It was a 5.9 for me but I had quite a length of red on my graph which I slept through, although it was probably low 4s in reality rather than actual hypo.

Many congratulations to @Michael12421 and @MikeyBikey.... Our 2 House special high achievers this morning.

@Lanny Wishing you a very happy birthday and a healthier year ahead. Really disappointed for you about the prawn gyozas as it seemed you were especially looking forward to those, but hope the rest of your party food makes up for that omission and love that you sang "Happy Birthday" to yourself. I have just sung it for you too, but I think you can be thankful that you can't hear me 🙄.

I think the crimp on top is the practice in Devon? So @eggyg 's will be a Devbria/Cumbron.

Whatever, it's how it eats that matters and they look delish!

If you are eating less than usual then it's likely to be that, also are you losing weight due to eating less and having diarrhoea? Insulin is dependent on body weight, so if you lose some you will likely need less insulin.
ahh didn't even consider weight loss / insulin based on weight. I think I've lost a couple of kg at least. Ended up not even bolusing one of the soups (15g carbs) last night to boost me up a bit and still drifted down while asleep.
Thankfully I have sensor on so keeping a close watch and will reduce basal again tonight 🙂

Appointment for bloods moved to next week and receptionist encouraged me to call in the morning and speak to someone (no appointments left today which I expected).

I think the crimp on top is the practice in Devon? So @eggyg 's will be a Devbria/Cumbron.

Whatever, it's how it eats that matters and they look delish!
Reminds me of the “Jam or cream first?” on scone cream teas!

Oh no!! Levels had dropped to the 10s this morning. I thought it might be the start of levels improving. I corrected and had breakfast but by the time i got to work it had shot to over 17o_O!! Its making me feel ill. I've increased my basal, changed my pen and having loads of corrections. If this is what the covid booster has done, i'm not having any more. I've had another 3u this morning and by 12 had finally come down to 9.9. Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't go back up!

Reminds me of the “Jam or cream first?” on scone cream teas!
Wars have almost been fought over such disagreements! Dean Swift satirised it beautifully in Gulliver's Travels with the dispute over whether a boiled egg should be opened at the big end or the little end.

OMG... that debate never stops raging on Radio Cornwall!
I’ve tried it both ways & I have to say clotted cream on top is just so much more classy & elegant: just have to be gentle with it; no heavy plops on top of the jam that splays it everywhere! 🙄:rofl: It’s a tricky business: jam on top is way easier; but, can’t dribble TOO much on or you end up with it running down your fingers when eating it!😱:rofl:

Who cares? Just do what you like! It’s worth every naughty calorie or, for us diabetics, every sweet mouthful! 😛

OMG... that debate never stops raging on Radio Cornwall!
I really can't see the problem. It simply depends on the consistency of the two toppings. Whichever is more solid gets spread first and then the other on the top. If you put the more liquid one on first then try to spread the other on top the fist layer will just get wiped off. So if your jam is runny and the cream is clotted, then the cream goes on first just like butter. If the jam is well set but the cream is runny perhaps whipped cream rather than clotted, then the jam goes on first. It really isn't rocket science, just logic! The problem arises when culture and tradition and rivalries come into the equation and logic goes out of the window. 🙄

Tell me about it! My mum and grandma also measure ingredients in " pinches", "bunches", "little bits" and the best one: "as much as you see it needs". I'm not a seasoned cook as them. I have no idea how much it needs! Haha
Mum gave me a recipe for one of her most frequently made cakes once.

It had quantities for anything and just said “Bake until cooked”.

Do you kinow what kind of wine your mum usually uses?
It is produced locally, in fact by a relative who sells it, so hard to get hold of it from here. When I travel or my parents visit, we take only the cabin luggage so we can't carry liquids. My grandparents drink this wine with meals, I personally don't like it but is good for cooking. Or at least, is familiar for us.

I've heard a lot of this clotted cream/jam debate. Each place has it's own. In Spain is about Spanish omelette (tortilla) with or without onions.

I’ve had the MRI!

Answered a call from the hospital at just before 2pm this afternoon offering me scan appointments in January. Which I accepted of course. Then the chap on the phone said “As you’re on the line hold on and I’ll check cancellations….. There’s a slot at 3pm this afternoon!”

Now of course I’ll take weeks potentially for the results to get through to the consultant.

And off to Covent Garden to see Tosca this evening. I’m curious to see how it compares to the production I saw a few weeks ago at the ENO. This seat isn’t anywhere near as good but it’s all I could find other than standing and I’m not doing that anymore!

I’ve had the MRI!

Answered a call from the hospital at just before 2pm this afternoon offering me scan appointments in January. Which I accepted of course. Then the chap on the phone said “As you’re on the line hold on and I’ll check cancellations….. There’s a slot at 3pm this afternoon!”

Now of course I’ll take weeks potentially for the results to get through to the consultant.

And off to Covent Garden to see Tosca this evening. I’m curious to see how it compares to the production I saw a few weeks ago at the ENO. This seat isn’t anywhere near as good but it’s all I could find other than standing and I’m not doing that anymore!
Thats great news!! Hopefully it won't take too long for the consultant to see it.

Enjoy Tosca, i've never been to see an opera.

Thats great news!! Hopefully it won't take too long for the consultant to see it.

Enjoy Tosca, i've never been to see an opera.
They’re all utterly bonkers plots but it’s a joy to be enveloped by the music.

Wars have almost been fought over such disagreements! Dean Swift satirised it beautifully in Gulliver's Travels with the dispute over whether a boiled egg should be opened at the big end or the little end.
Well little end, obviously :rofl:

I’ve had the MRI!

Great news on the MRI!

Can’t wait to hear your plot summary of Tosca🙂

Back