Group 7-day waking average?

5.8 on fingerprick this morning - the Libre2 is running 1-2ish high when I've checked today. Maybe I'll end up with a reasonable HbA1c guess from it at the end, we shall see .

I have now successfully completed dismantling and moving the wardrobe, so can now start to move some stuff that is currently all over the place in the living room upstairs! Still need to do some work paperwork that I didn't get to on Friday when I meant to do it too. I promised I'd have it done by the end of the week 😉. And need to clear all the bits of paper etc off the dining table too as my friend is coming for tea tomorrow! (Still need to figure out what I'm going to cook...)

6.5 this morning.

Still nothing heard from the hospital so will chase them again today. May actually pop in to the orthopaedics department and ask them to book the MRI whilst I’m standing there in front of them.

Other than that I’m going in to the office today and that’s a rare treat where I get to work in an environment that’s too loud, either too hot or too cold and has uncomfortable office chairs as opposed to working from home where I can luxuriate in a temperature of my liking and sit on my comfortable kneeling chair. Sigh.

On Saturday I took part in a literary salon where I performed some of my poetry in public for the first time.
It’s an odd experience putting words I’ve written out in to the wider world and odd seeing how they are received.
I’ve been asked back to the next one.

Good morning! 6'6.

I watched the movie "The Wonder" this Saturday and there is a scene where the main character pricks her finger with a needle. Seeing those things on TV always made me very squeamish and this was no exception. You would think I'd be used to it now, with 3-5 sugar checks a day in my own fingers :confused:

Yesterday I went to Lidl and picked ingredients for a few Spanish dishes. I want to get better in the kitchen and now that's cold and I spend less time outdoors, seems a good time to try some family recipes that take longer to make. I started with this stew (picture). As usual, "it's not like my mum's :/" BUT not too bad. And to be fair, is my first try. Mum has probably cooked this for 40 years! IMG_20221127_200407.jpg

Good morning! 6'6.

I watched the movie "The Wonder" this Saturday and there is a scene where the main character pricks her finger with a needle. Seeing those things on TV always made me very squeamish and this was no exception. You would think I'd be used to it now, with 3-5 sugar checks a day in my own fingers :confused:

Yesterday I went to Lidl and picked ingredients for a few Spanish dishes. I want to get better in the kitchen and now that's cold and I spend less time outdoors, seems a good time to try some family recipes that take longer to make. I started with this stew (picture). As usual, "it's not like my mum's :/" BUT not too bad. And to be fair, is my first try. Mum has probably cooked this for 40 years! View attachment 23093
I base success or otherwise of my cooking on whether it tastes like mums. Sometimes it does, sometimes it’s nothing like it so I ask her how she does a certain dish. It’s always just eyeballed quantities as she never weighs anything other than when baking!

Good morning - 6.2

Morning all. 10.6, which is too high but much better than the 17 i hit last night! I feel better from the cold but completely drained from all the highs over the weekend. Got to get ready for work and i really don't want to go, i just want to sleep. Its going to be a very long day.

@ColinUK congratulations with the poetry. I hope you get the MRI sorted.

@Michael12421 congratulations on the HS.

@Elenka_HM the photo looks delicious.

Morning all. 6.1 today.

Zara day today, hopefully a walk to the river as she wasn’t herself on Friday, she’s full of cold. Hopefully, fingers crossed, neither of us will catch it. Who am I kidding? I must kiss and cuddle her a thousand times whilst she’s in my care!

@Elenka_HM that is almost the same stew I cooked yesterday. Was it beef? Unfortunately, there’s enough left for tonight’s tea, Mr Eggy loves it but I can’t stand the taste the parsnips bring to it, even though there was only a couple of pieces in it, I’m not that into beef either. But I hadn’t cooked it for ages so I was totally selfless as I’m want to be! 😉 I also cooked Cornumbria/Cumbish pasties. Authentic expect for the fact they weren’t made in Cornwall. We’re having them for lunch today. I made extra for the freezer to take on walks. The teeny, tiny one is for Zara obviously. Is my crimping up to scratch @Pattidevans?

@Michael12421 many congratulations on your House Special.

Have a good day folks, if you’re able.

Attachments

• 4A9C3435-0EBA-4072-BFEA-EA5B859F7DDE.jpeg
    4A9C3435-0EBA-4072-BFEA-EA5B859F7DDE.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 8
Good morning everyone

@Elenka_HM my wife made a chicken, potato, carrots and mushroom stew type thing in the Ninja Foodi last night and it resembled your dish in looks too. An experiment. It was delicious

BG this morning 5.0

It is very cold this morning but I am nice and snug under the electric throw. I will have to brave the cold for a sort walk later on.

It must be cold as I hibernated until 6am!!! A full 2 hours later than I normally get out of bed.

Today, keeping warm.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a decent mobile phone case. I bought one and it seems to be made of a silicone rubber type thing. Way too slippery !!!

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

@Gwynn what model phone do you have now?
I’ll find a few suggestions for cases.

Its a Samsung A33 5g

The thing I like about it most is that it works!!!

Thanks

Morning folks. 🙂 5.6 here.

I accessed my first payslip for my new job yesterday - it was a blank page! Oh. I see. I’m looking forward to hearing from the lovely secretary to see what happened. I’m also looking forward to getting my recent blood test results - the surgery couldn’t find them in the system, and advised me to contact the hospital. Lots to look forward to this week! 🙂

Great work @Michael12421 !!!

11.1 getting a bit high in the morna again so think I may need try and test at 5 to see if happens before or after them as if it happens after then I won't want to increase my nighttime livemir but if it happens before I moght

Back