Group 7-day waking average?

07:51 BS 8.8

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

JUST finished munching breakfast & posting! 😛

I’ve decided I don’t fancy any cake for my Birthday this year BUT, I AM indulging & ordered an extra tesco shop on Monday & moved my usual shop to Wednesday. I ordered the not long out Christmas party food & “MY Goodness” it’s really gone up in price now EVEN with the 3 for 2 offers on most of them particularly the finest range! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gyozas, the Japanese meat or seafood even both together sometimes dumplings, & ordered the new for this year’s finest whole prawn ones at a WHOPPING £5-50 for a pack of 10: already tried ordering them as soon as they were available 2 weeks ago; didn’t get any the 1st week & got 3 on Monday so, know they taste GREAT! Albeit they’re a bit gimmicky in that the pastry doesn’t cover the while thing leaving the tiny bit of shelled tail of the prawn sticking out: not as good as they COULD be because of 2 things: REALLY tesco didn’t think this one out properly before doing this; a) this means the prawn is whole, not chopped up, with the other veg, & stuff, rattling around separately inside so, the prawn is already a tad overcooked before you even reheat it to eat & it’s a bit rubbery: eating it cold is better & that’s fine as it already cooked & b) leaving the tail poking out means it’s not watertight which causes problems when reheating as suggested on the pack & less of a problem steaming it as I always do, the traditional bamboo steamer is iconic but, mine is a stainless steel one of 2 perforated tiers over the bottom pan of water! 🙄 There’s 2 main ways of cooking gyozas depending on how you like them: method on the pack is shallow fry in a bit of oil to crisp & caramelise the bottom a bit before shallow poaching them in a couple of inches, JUST enough to cover them, of water & they become very sticky with a crisp bottom & why they’re known as “pot stickers” in the US; the way I like them is to steam them & they’re more like dim sum! Tesco has always done them already cooked with the caramelised bottom so, you’re only reheating them anyway so, I decided eating these cold are best given the gimmicks of these dumplings that don’t really work! BUT, after a couple of years of the TERRIBLE Rainbow gyozas these whole prawn ones are MUCH better: tesco HAD a Wonderful pack of 5 chicken & 5 prawn ones for a few years before the Rainbow ones came out that were just PERFECT; why did they change them to the TERRIBLE Rainbow ones?

Ordered some more party food of breaded butterfly prawns, chicken tikka samosas & chicken katsu curry rolls so, that’s an indulgent Monday, actual Birthday, & Tuesday before normal food service resumes on Wednesday next week: IF everything comes; CAN be difficult to get some depending on popularity? :confused:😛:D:rofl:

I ordered this yesterday after posting & definitively deciding, only thinking about it before then, on no cake! 😛:rofl:😉 So, I’m marking my Birthday a bit differently this year!o_O

The rest can be skipped, if you wish? :confused:

Little Miss Frustrated was me for most of yesterday as it turned out there were no new episodes of the contemporary drama & I don’t know why: maybe it was a Chinese holiday I don’t know about; episodes 19 & 20 will have to wait until Monday now & I’m left on a bit of a cliffhanger! :( I DID semi wonder about the little bit of a surprise cliffhanger at the end of episode 18 on Thursday given it wasn’t at the end of the week: now I know it WAS the end of the week!:rofl:

I wished I’d followed my instincts at the start, before watching, of waiting for the whole lot to finish airing & all episodes subbed & ready to watch before starting to watch at all so, I see it at my own pace! 🙄

I’ll do that next time as I’ve rather spoilt myself watching these dramas at my own pace & don’t like the frustration of waiting for a TV schedule I don’t know! A Duh! Hitting My Head emoji or what you lot call a Face Palm emoji! :rofl:😉

6.4 this morning for me. Better than I deserved as I had The Case of the Munchies last night and wasn‘t satisfied with anything I ate :( However, I did bolus for everything so that must have helped maintain at least a semblance of control! Today is a new day.

Visiting my parents along with daughter and grandson (granddaughter has a cough and not totally well so we’re not taking her, my parents are in their 90s so being careful we don’t give them anything). They get nurses and doctors visit them as they no longer go out due to both being unsteady on their feet, however despite being “on the list” for a flu jab (already had their Covid booster) they still have not had anyone come out to them:(. Frustrating really as if they allowed us to take them we could easily get their flu jabs at a pharmacy.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

Well after a 5.7 at bedtime last night it’s a 5.7 again this morning, I’ll have to try four squares of chocolate again tonight and see what happens tomorrow.

Morning all. I've just woken up!! Its a 12.2 for me. Been high all night and my sniffles yesterday have turned into a full blown cold...it explains the high numbers i suppose, or it could be the covid and flu jabs i had the other day.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn.
@eggyg i would come round for tea but feel a bit rough. The pasta sounds delicious. Can you post the recipe?

Seeing @freesia post just reminded me - congratulations @Gwynn on your HS! Good times!

Well after 72 hours of consistently reading low, including reading way too flat for the last 30 hours or so of that, the Libre2 decided about tea time last night to be more accurate.... the past 14 hours have shown a much more likely shape and a much closer result when checked!

This morning Libre2 reckoned 5.0 while fingerprick reckoned 5.5 :D . I'm sure the estimated HbA1c will end up way too low with those 3 days of nonsense low readings, but I might still get to do my second slightly more carby dinner plus cake plus wine test on Monday!

Morning all. I've just woken up!! Its a 12.2 for me. Been high all night and my sniffles yesterday have turned into a full blown cold...it explains the high numbers i suppose, or it could be the covid and flu jabs i had the other day.

Congrats on the HS @Gwynn.
@eggyg i would come round for tea but feel a bit rough. The pasta sounds delicious. Can you post the recipe?
It’s a BBC Good Food recipe. If I was in the least bit techy I could send the link! But I’m not so I can’t! But I’ve Googled it and took a screenshot so you know what you’re looking for. Mine never looks as good as that, my pasta always sinks! The recipe calls for marscapone but I couldn’t get it in Aldi, they had sold out, so I’m trying ricotta. I’ll let you know tomorrow what it’s like. We really enjoy it, bit nicer than just plain spaghetti and because it’s stuffed you don’t need many shells to fill you up. Hope you feel better soon.

Attachments

• 70DCF0FF-5349-4946-B755-89F190B1E20D.jpeg
    70DCF0FF-5349-4946-B755-89F190B1E20D.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 8
It’s a BBC Good Food recipe. If I was in the least bit techy I could send the link! But I’m not so I can’t! But I’ve Googled it and took a screenshot so you know what you’re looking for. Mine never looks as good as that, my pasta always sinks! The recipe calls for marscapone but I couldn’t get it in Aldi, they had sold out, so I’m trying ricotta. I’ll let you know tomorrow what it’s like. We really enjoy it, bit nicer than just plain spaghetti and because it’s stuffed you don’t need many shells to fill you up. Hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. I shall be searching for that later. It looks amazing. Enjoy your day.

Good morning - 6.6 at 9:00

Morning all on this grey, wet, dreary day.

4.8 at 10 am this morning. Woke needing the bathroom at 05:58 and then couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour, but then slept until almost 10am. We've been up very early all the time we've had house guests, so I guess I needed a catch up. In any case I had 24 hours of 100% in range (is that a unicorn day?)

Got our Christmas pud yesterday, the one with the gorgeous crystallised fruit topping (Marc de Champagne) from Aldi and our half bottle of Manzanilla sherry for consumption whilst dressing the tree (a little tradition we have)... so beginning to feel festive! Whilst we were in Aldi we got a lovely half leg of lamb that was on offer... not had leg of lamb in forever, usually it's far too expensive. So we'll have that for Sunday dinner.

@Gwynn congrats on yet another HS... you are on a roll!

@Lanny Gentle hugs.... and the party food sounds amazing. Will have a lookout for the Tesco offerings.

@eggyg here's the link for the pasta bake bolognaise I love having a day when I have time to properly cook, rather than a rushed "Oh what can we have for dinner tonight" sort of day. Since Julian will be glued to the TV all day watching rugby I'm going to make fish pie this afternoon.... it'll use up all the odds and ends of fish and prawns cluttering up the bottom drawer of the freezer. I do have a really low carb version that I posted when I was running DSF... but it involves mashed cauli topping and I have no cauli in, so will do potato mash instead.

HUGS to all those suffering... hoping you'll feel better soon!

A question for you good folks . Abbott sent me an e mail saying libre 1 sensor was defunct after December. Rang my health centre told the receptionist if she could get my doctor to change prescription over to libre 2 sensor. Would I still be able to scan libre 2 sensor with my old device . Or does that need to be changed to? Thanks for any help

Morning all on this grey, wet, dreary day.

4.8 at 10 am this morning. Woke needing the bathroom at 05:58 and then couldn't get back to sleep for over an hour, but then slept until almost 10am. We've been up very early all the time we've had house guests, so I guess I needed a catch up. In any case I had 24 hours of 100% in range (is that a unicorn day?)

Got our Christmas pud yesterday, the one with the gorgeous crystallised fruit topping (Marc de Champagne) from Aldi and our half bottle of Manzanilla sherry for consumption whilst dressing the tree (a little tradition we have)... so beginning to feel festive! Whilst we were in Aldi we got a lovely half leg of lamb that was on offer... not had leg of lamb in forever, usually it's far too expensive. So we'll have that for Sunday dinner.

@Gwynn congrats on yet another HS... you are on a roll!

@Lanny Gentle hugs.... and the party food sounds amazing. Will have a lookout for the Tesco offerings.

@eggyg here's the link for the pasta bake bolognaise I love having a day when I have time to properly cook, rather than a rushed "Oh what can we have for dinner tonight" sort of day. Since Julian will be glued to the TV all day watching rugby I'm going to make fish pie this afternoon.... it'll use up all the odds and ends of fish and prawns cluttering up the bottom drawer of the freezer. I do have a really low carb version that I posted when I was running DSF... but it involves mashed cauli topping and I have no cauli in, so will do potato mash instead.

HUGS to all those suffering... hoping you'll feel better soon!
Just finished it. This is the before it’s cooked and before they sink in! I already had a ragu in the freezer as I always make enough to freeze a couple of extra portion, so just a case of mixing and stuffing. Going to make a lamb Madras now. I’ll get two meals for two out of the half leg. I’ll freeze both and take one with us when we go on our holidays on Friday. I love a day in the kitchen too. Radio on full blast and a boogie round the kitchen. :rofl:
Edited to add my half leg was from Aldi. I much prefer theirs over Tesco’s. It was £13 though! Cheaper than going to an Indian restaurant.

Attachments

• B7783EE7-CF13-4513-96BF-93062252F101.jpeg
    B7783EE7-CF13-4513-96BF-93062252F101.jpeg
    54.7 KB · Views: 8
A question for you good folks . Abbott sent me an e mail saying libre 1 sensor was defunct after December. Rang my health centre told the receptionist if she could get my doctor to change prescription over to libre 2 sensor. Would I still be able to scan libre 2 sensor with my old device . Or does that need to be changed to? Thanks for any help
If you're using a phone, yes. If you're using a reader, you can probably scan with your old device (though you wouldn't get alarms), but if it's really old then it won't work.

If you have a reader, you should probably ask for a replacement regardless: https://www.freestylelibre.co.uk/libre/fsl2Replacement.html

07:51 BS 8.8

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

JUST finished munching breakfast & posting! 😛

I’ve decided I don’t fancy any cake for my Birthday this year BUT, I AM indulging & ordered an extra tesco shop on Monday & moved my usual shop to Wednesday. I ordered the not long out Christmas party food & “MY Goodness” it’s really gone up in price now EVEN with the 3 for 2 offers on most of them particularly the finest range! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE gyozas, the Japanese meat or seafood even both together sometimes dumplings, & ordered the new for this year’s finest whole prawn ones at a WHOPPING £5-50 for a pack of 10: already tried ordering them as soon as they were available 2 weeks ago; didn’t get any the 1st week & got 3 on Monday so, know they taste GREAT! Albeit they’re a bit gimmicky in that the pastry doesn’t cover the while thing leaving the tiny bit of shelled tail of the prawn sticking out: not as good as they COULD be because of 2 things: REALLY tesco didn’t think this one out properly before doing this; a) this means the prawn is whole, not chopped up, with the other veg, & stuff, rattling around separately inside so, the prawn is already a tad overcooked before you even reheat it to eat & it’s a bit rubbery: eating it cold is better & that’s fine as it already cooked & b) leaving the tail poking out means it’s not watertight which causes problems when reheating as suggested on the pack & less of a problem steaming it as I always do, the traditional bamboo steamer is iconic but, mine is a stainless steel one of 2 perforated tiers over the bottom pan of water! 🙄 There’s 2 main ways of cooking gyozas depending on how you like them: method on the pack is shallow fry in a bit of oil to crisp & caramelise the bottom a bit before shallow poaching them in a couple of inches, JUST enough to cover them, of water & they become very sticky with a crisp bottom & why they’re known as “pot stickers” in the US; the way I like them is to steam them & they’re more like dim sum! Tesco has always done them already cooked with the caramelised bottom so, you’re only reheating them anyway so, I decided eating these cold are best given the gimmicks of these dumplings that don’t really work! BUT, after a couple of years of the TERRIBLE Rainbow gyozas these whole prawn ones are MUCH better: tesco HAD a Wonderful pack of 5 chicken & 5 prawn ones for a few years before the Rainbow ones came out that were just PERFECT; why did they change them to the TERRIBLE Rainbow ones?

Ordered some more party food of breaded butterfly prawns, chicken tikka samosas & chicken katsu curry rolls so, that’s an indulgent Monday, actual Birthday, & Tuesday before normal food service resumes on Wednesday next week: IF everything comes; CAN be difficult to get some depending on popularity? :confused:😛:D:rofl:

I ordered this yesterday after posting & definitively deciding, only thinking about it before then, on no cake! 😛:rofl:😉 So, I’m marking my Birthday a bit differently this year!o_O

The rest can be skipped, if you wish? :confused:

Little Miss Frustrated was me for most of yesterday as it turned out there were no new episodes of the contemporary drama & I don’t know why: maybe it was a Chinese holiday I don’t know about; episodes 19 & 20 will have to wait until Monday now & I’m left on a bit of a cliffhanger! :( I DID semi wonder about the little bit of a surprise cliffhanger at the end of episode 18 on Thursday given it wasn’t at the end of the week: now I know it WAS the end of the week!:rofl:

I wished I’d followed my instincts at the start, before watching, of waiting for the whole lot to finish airing & all episodes subbed & ready to watch before starting to watch at all so, I see it at my own pace! 🙄

I’ll do that next time as I’ve rather spoilt myself watching these dramas at my own pace & don’t like the frustration of waiting for a TV schedule I don’t know! A Duh! Hitting My Head emoji or what you lot call a Face Palm emoji! :rofl:😉

I have read the first chapter. Will finish after lunch! 🙂

It was a 6.6 for me this morning but like @Eternal422 I had a bad case of the "Munchies" at bedtime early hours and ended up eating Nutty granola by the handful.... again....I jabbed 6 units in total, 3 plus another 3, but didn't weigh or measure or even keep track of how many handfuls I had. Just decided I needed a bit more insulin after I felt I had stuck my hand in the bag too many times 🙄 ..... then I had 2 wholegrain crackers with butter (cos I have no cheese left...shopping on the cards today) because I decided that maybe there was a bit too much insulin in my system.... All very slap dash and totally random. I had dropped my basal earlier by 1 unit. Went to bed on 8.6 and woke up on 6.6. Talk about jammy as I really can't claim there was any skill involved. Oh and like a few others here, I also had a unicorn day yesterday! Long time since I added to my herd of them, so that was nice.

@Gwynn Congrats on yet another House Special. So pleased that things are stable in your household at the moment. Long may that last.

@eggyg. Elaine, those look amazing!

@Lanny So pleased to see you back posting. I was getting concerned.
Cake is overrated. Sounds like you have a fab birthday party food planned. So pleased to hear that your Dad pulled through after being so ill. I imagine it will be lovely to see your brother after so long.

Back