Group 7-day waking average?

@Gwynn i use iPhone not Samsung but only use Apple Pay to buy things not my bank card, and fingerprint (now face) ID. Never had a problem with either. To pay for things I just put my phone near the payment machine then confirm on screen. With the fingerprint I have a PIN code too so if the fingerprint doesn’t work (eg got gloves on or wet hands) I would use the number.
Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay all work exactly the same way and they’re all much safer than carrying your physical card around with you.

Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay all work exactly the same way and they’re all much safer than carrying your physical card around with you.
Luckily the contactless has stopped working on my physical card which makes that safer i think. I say luckily as I never use it unless payment is over the limit and need to insert card anyway. So I only take a physical card if planning to make that kind of purchase.

I agree, I use Apple Pay with various cards loaded into the wallet. They all work really well and have the advantage of being able to use contactless payments without a limit (although my wife’s bank places a total daily spend limit of £200 which she can’t amend) and the actual card number is not shared with the merchant, so there’s a bit of extra security there.

Luckily the contactless has stopped working on my physical card which makes that safer i think. I say luckily as I never use it unless payment is over the limit and need to insert card anyway. So I only take a physical card if planning to make that kind of purchase.
It took quite a while to get the folks used to idea of not carrying cards and not having their driving licenses with them!

Me: When did you ever have to show your driving licence?

Oh once in 1975
“So why are you carrying it with you?”
Well it’s got my address on it and other things which might be useful.
“You know where you live right?”
Obviously
“And it’s got your date of birth on it so if someone steals that along with a back card or credit card they have your card details, your address and your date of birth and that’s how they’ve set up phone contracts and taken out loans in your name”.
Ah. But what happens if someone steals my phone?
“They don’t have your face so they can’t unlock it”.
Well they might.

Morning

11.3 today

Schools are off here due to teachers striking so it's very quiet today

Got round to opening my 2nd delivery last night
20221123_203111.jpg
Pic isn't the best but Bruce was using the kitchen work top so no room to go through there, so here we have the star advent calendar with each day containing a 30g wax pot, a chocolate and some have extras, we went with the deluxe calendar so there's also a spiced gingerbread pot and a mince pie candle, the Teddy and the bag not to be opened until Christmas Eve and the others was a Halloween clam pack and squeezy wax blood bag from a fiver friday buy, 7 melts from a deal, 2 custom pie pots I used some birthday money to get as i loved those 2 Scents and a free 200g Pie pot of birthday cake for placing an order over £15 on my birthday, if your in to wax melts then I highly suggest you give Tom at Crafting In The Dark a try, his wax is outstanding xxxx

congratulations on the HS and a wonderful HBA1c @Lily123 well done
5.1 this morning, still full of cold and had a broken nights sleep coughing and sweating :( hopefully its on its way out fingers crossed!

7.4 ish.
Was down at the bottom of the green overnight and dawn came to party at about 3am it seems. bit of a rollercoaster overnight.

Son is off to get more gloss, I swear this hallway is taking forever to get painted. We are in a flat and all doors apart from one comes off the hallway so there's like 6 doors to do.
I just want it done and carpet down. Trying to be uber careful with the bare floorboards on my tootsies and I'm not even going there with the heat loss without anything down on the floor.

hope you all have a great day x

Morning all, and it’s a 5.7 for me today .

Morning all and a 5.3 for me.

Plans for the day are somewhat lacking at the moment, just need to send a sound file to our drummer to put on his new drum pad. New to him that is. We acquired it from Culture Club. The joys of having contacts.

Have a good day everyone.

That was yesterdays . Gremlins kicking in Today was a3. 3 . quickly sorted . Just tested 5 2 so back to normal . Forecast rain for later so might do my shopping this afternoon. Leave tomorrow free for a good walk with the dog . Hope everyone is doing well ❤️‍

Morning all.... another unsettled day with teeming rain followed by sunny spells.

6.5 this morning which is a huge improvement on the last 3 days, during which time I've had a mare with BGs,Tuesday night I spent most of the time with a -55% basal on and was still dragging along the floor alternating between 4.1 and 3.9 with alarms seemingly every few minutes waking me. BGs have been either too high or two low the whole of the time our friends have spent with us.

Mind you, I have been eating and drinking well out of my normal comfort zone. Monday night we served foie gras with melba toast, confit duck legs with Sarladaise potatoes ( which did not come out how I wanted as I was trying them out in the air fryer), chantenay carrots, peas and buttery leeks. Followed by a selection of French cheeses... did not get round to my creme brulees, though luckily I hadn't caramelised the tops. We then went out for a pub lunch of tapas on Tuesday and a wander round town. Tuesday night we had pan fried pheasant breasts in a wine and mushroom sauce, with parmesan broccoli done in the air-fryer (that did come out OK). Followed by the creme brulees properly caramellised on top. Weds we went into Mousehole on the bus and had sausage baguettes in the Ship Inn. Bus home and a wander round the Range before going to the local pub for meal. I could only manage the Salmon fishcake starter... home to eat up the chocolate and Tia Maria pots that should have been eaten on Tue. This morning a cooked brekkie for all before their long drive home. I can now have a rest as there are enough leftovers for dinner tonight. I love cooking, but it takes it out of me at my age now.

It was a delight to have the friends staying as we are very much on the same wavelength and did nothing but laugh the whole of their visit and the icing on the cake was missing the nasty heavy showers whenever we were out. Oh and they left me with an enormous kilo box of JBs as they had been finding childlike delight in pinching mine each time I had to get them out.

@Lily123 huge congratulations on both the HS and Hba1c.

Have a good day all of you..... look after yourselves and most important of all be kind to yourselves.

Morning all.... another unsettled day with teeming rain followed by sunny spells.

6.5 this morning which is a huge improvement on the last 3 days, during which time I've had a mare with BGs,Tuesday night I spent most of the time with a -55% basal on and was still dragging along the floor alternating between 4.1 and 3.9 with alarms seemingly every few minutes waking me. BGs have been either too high or two low the whole of the time our friends have spent with us.

Mind you, I have been eating and drinking well out of my normal comfort zone. Monday night we served foie gras with melba toast, confit duck legs with Sarladaise potatoes ( which did not come out how I wanted as I was trying them out in the air fryer), chantenay carrots, peas and buttery leeks. Followed by a selection of French cheeses... did not get round to my creme brulees, though luckily I hadn't caramelised the tops. We then went out for a pub lunch of tapas on Tuesday and a wander round town. Tuesday night we had pan fried pheasant breasts in a wine and mushroom sauce, with parmesan broccoli done in the air-fryer (that did come out OK). Followed by the creme brulees properly caramellised on top. Weds we went into Mousehole on the bus and had sausage baguettes in the Ship Inn. Bus home and a wander round the Range before going to the local pub for meal. I could only manage the Salmon fishcake starter... home to eat up the chocolate and Tia Maria pots that should have been eaten on Tue. This morning a cooked brekkie for all before their long drive home. I can now have a rest as there are enough leftovers for dinner tonight. I love cooking, but it takes it out of me at my age now.

It was a delight to have the friends staying as we are very much on the same wavelength and did nothing but laugh the whole of their visit and the icing on the cake was missing the nasty heavy showers whenever we were out. Oh and they left me with an enormous kilo box of JBs as they had been finding childlike delight in pinching mine each time I had to get them out.

Have a good day all of you..... look after yourselves and most important of all be kind to yourselves.
You’re making me hungry reading about all the lovely food! Glad you had a great time with your friends!

All round to yours for lunch today then?!

Does it never get declined?
Never.

Unless there’s a fault in the entire payment system I guess but it’s never been declined when I’ve used it. And I use it to pay everything. I don’t carry cards or cash. Everything is in the wallet on the iPhone. Bank cards, all loyalty cards, everything.

S

Have a good day all of you..... look after yourselves and most important of all be kind to yourselves
Sounds delicious Patti, how much do you charge for three courses, with matching wines? :rofl:
I love cooking too but I find it stressful at times, everyone enjoys it but we rarely get invited round to anyone’s for dinner! I might need to stop putting so much effort in. 😉

I’m doing a pork Spanish style stew tonight, just for us two. Last night I did a spicy salmon fillet ( first time recipe) with vegetable pilau rice. We really enjoyed it, will definitely do it again. I like trying different things but still go back to the old favourites.

Back