Group 7-day waking average?

Pointers? Advice? Help?.... no.

A nice middle-of-the-road 5.5 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Morning all and 7.1 on the libre for me which would probably translate to somewhere in the mid 5 s.

Cracking game of snooker last night. Looked like it would be all wrapped up by 9 but kept the khskel household enthralled until 11:30

Let's see if Harry Kane wears his one love armband today and if he gets booked for doing so.

Apart from that it's rehearsal again.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all, well yesterday's blue skies lasted all of 10 minutes. Similar today with dire warnings of heavy rain and high winds for Devon and Cornwall. What on earth can we do with our house guests if the weather is awful????

7.8 this morning after another alarming night Went off at 1 am saying I was 4.1 and going low, but the graph said I'd been in the red for the last hour or so??????? Time to adjust basal down again.

Congrats @Gwynn for the HS. Hope the assessment has been good for both you and your wife and that the monsters can be kept at the back of the cupboard for a good long time.

Have a good day everyone.

That’s sounds interesting. Never heard of that. Does it help internal scarring or just external? It is probably far too late for me now though.
Absolutely internal - in fact that's the main purpose of it. By the way - I saw an advert in the shop window in Askham, Cumbria for Scar Tissue work so it looks like there's someone up your way

Morning (?) everyone - 6.5 here for me this morning which I'm very happy with. I can't believe the difference in the weather here today with torrential rain. I've already lit the stove! Yesterday we had a lovely time at the Yearling parade for a local horse race trainer who has stables above our village. We're the only non-horsey people who go but it's fascinating. She shows all their one year olds and says how they're getting on and what she's expecting they'll turn out like and obviously lots of them are up for sale to then be kept there and trained by her so most of the other guests have hopefully got their cheque books with them. We had a yummy lunch afterwards - mine was veggie lasagne and I found out afterwards it was from Cook and it was SO good - packed full of spinach and other real veg and I will definitely be getting it at some point to keep in the freezer, especially as my daughter's boyfriend is vegetarian. Anyway - hope you have a lovely day everyone and don't get too soggy. @Gwynn I'm so pleased that things have settled down since that appointment. It would be interesting to know if they've given you a number to call if you need them again because you were in a crisis, even if things are sorted now. xxx

Attachments

• A2F03506-08F1-4565-9B56-14CBCC307989.jpeg
    A2F03506-08F1-4565-9B56-14CBCC307989.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 4E8085BC-D0EF-4B5D-885A-C76A941FCF4B.jpeg
    4E8085BC-D0EF-4B5D-885A-C76A941FCF4B.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 7
7.7 for me when I first woke up having gone to bed on 8.9 with a 2 unit Levemir increase, despite the fact I hypoed the night before with no Levemir but I did reduce my morning dose by 2 units yesterday which seemed to work out well through the day. I didn't get as much exercise yesterday than the previous 2 days and I just knew I was going to need some overnight basal, so I think 2 units was a pretty good decision. Anyway, I didn't fancy starting the day in the 7s so I jabbed my morning Levemir and a 1 unit Fiasp correction and went back to sleep and then woke up considerably later than intended 😳 on a nice 4.5.

@Pattidevans How about a good board game? We have one called Nostalgia which would probably be right up your street considering the long history you have with these friends.

@Gwynn Pleased to hear that this final assessment has helped your wife and things are calmer and hope they remain like that for the foreseeable future. Can you use the stuff you learned about her during the session to help to keep her stable. Improving your communication with each other will help her feel more safe and secure and could help keep the monsters at bay.
Oh!... and many congrats on another House Special.

@Michael12421 Concerned to see you get another low reading. Perhaps you need to consider a Toujeo reduction if you haven't already. I know you probably feel OK at those levels but that in itself is a worry. Hope you brought them up quickly with some sweets.

7.7 for me this morning - back to work after a lovely relaxing week on the narrowboat! Oh well, hopefully I can get my pesky BG back under control now! Did ok at breakfast with just a spike of 9.2, but then it crept up to 13.4 before lunch :(. Hoping I haven’t gone all bolus rage on it as it is now 9.7 and dropping.

Only had to wait just over 30 mins on the phone for the GP health centre about new insulin pen to replace my broken one (temporary fix with superglue for the cartridge carrier is holding for now). Doctor is due to call back this afternoon so should get a script then to pick up later hopefully. Planning to ask for a couple of Novopen 6s to replace my 10 year + pens.

Got my replacement sensor from Abbott yesterday as well - it had been delivered to our neighbour last Thursday whilst we were away - just two days after completing the online form. They have asked for the faulty sensor to be returned, not sure what they’ll get from it as it just seems the filament went in bent, maybe the applicator was at fault, but anyway a quick walk to the postbox to return it today. Maybe they ask for faulty sensor returns at random to check that people are telling the truth and not selling them and then asking for a new sensor?

@Gwynn so glad you had a fruitful assessment meeting and that the storm has passed. Hopefully you are both in smooth waters now. Your HS today must be a good sign!

Stay dry everyone and have a good day!

@Gwynn pleased to read that things are a bit more settled for you and your wife now, congratulations on the HS

5.3 this morning for me despite the fact that my beautiful granddaughters have shared with me their cold bug, spent most of night coughing. Ah well joys of grandparenting :rofl:

@Gwynn Fingers crossed that your wife remains calm for the foreseeable, and that you can both take what you need from the assessment and continue to be open with each other about fears and needs.

Good morning - 5.9

Good morning everyone.

Storm passed but, no, my mobile phone broke (couldn't charge. Took it to a mender. Charge port broken), had to buy another one. Well, after 300 years its time for an upgrade...

My old phone...

download (4).jpeg

And my new phone?

81xTkheoLmL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Should see me through another 300 years at least

All good otherwise

BG a whopping 5.6 this morning adter a bit of faffing about before taking the reading and a bit of indulgence yesterday.

BP back into the normal range.

We have decided to celebrate thanksgiving on Thursday. It's a really good thing from America. Our meal will be mixed grill with fillet steak as the central part. Looking forward to it.

Have a great day today whatever you are doing

Morning all, 6.9 here, ooh er. Reduced basal by half a unit last night.
Thought I'd broken my ipad, the sound wouldn’t work. Eventually worked out that maybe spilling milk all over it at breakfast yesterday wasn’t the best thing for it, some had got into the headphone socket, so it thought it had headphones plugged in permanently. (It would work if I really did plug some in). It seems to have dried out overnight and is working again, phew! I’m welded to my ipad, but not so far as having to go round permanently attached to it with headphones.

Morning good folks. 5.9 on this dark morning, got quite the surprise when I woke and it was 7.15, thought it must still have been the middle of the night!

Off out walking today, just local, but it’s a long one, we haven’t done it for ages, it’s our infamous three rivers city walk. Need to be out by 10am at the latest as it will take at least six hours, we do dawdle at times, and lots of photos will be taken by Mr Eggy. I’ve made cheese and onion pasties for our picnic especially, as much easier to handle than a sandwich when you’ve got cold hands. Those Cornish knew exactly what they were doing all those years ago.

Have a great day all.
Congratulations @TinaD on your HS.
@Gwynn enjoy playing with your new phone, mine is two cans with a piece of string joining them together. It’s quite eye catching, lots of people stare when I’m using it! 😉

Back