Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning - 4.7

I think the maths test went ok. That is one of my worst subjects.

I was asked by my head of year yesterday if I wouldn’t mind talking to the new diabetic in year 7. I said of course I’d talk to them.

I didn’t think to ask if they were newly diagnosed or just new to the school

The situation is not yet resolved. I may hear the result of her latest assessment today. I will keep you posted.

And

BG this morning at 4am was 5.2 !!!!!

Morning all and a slightly wide of the mark 7.7 due to treating a nocturnal hypo. No hypos for ages then two within 24 hours. Better watch out for the third if they are behaving like busses.

Shopping and snooker watching today.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all. Been feeling a bit better the last couple of days, so going to do some batch cooking and go swimming again later on. Which gives me the morning to sort bg out for it, better get testing and jabbing as it feels a bit high. Had my a1c done yesterday along with all the other tests, some results back yesterday and some will be back Monday. Did a guess the a1c thread for that as the result was back same day, impressed with the speed

7.9 the first time I woke up. Jabbed 1.5 units of Fiasp and my Levemir and went back to sleep and woke to a much better 4.9. It just makes me happier starting the day on a good number.

Delighted to see @Michael12421 get a House Special this morning and @Gwynn too I see. Congrats to you both. I hope it lifted your spirits a little bit. Goodness knows you need any little positivity at the moment. Hope you get some resolution soon. (((HUGS)))

And it’s a 5.6 for me today and that’s after a 12.2 at bedtime last night, no more bacon sandwiches in the evening for me.

4.8 on Libre2 when I woke properly, results of last night's tea experiment below:

Screenshot_20221119-103733.jpg

2 small peaks in the afternoon from snacks rather than lunch. Then about 6pm low carb main meal for tea (salmon and veg - estimated 9g carbs), followed by wine and that last apple at 7.40pm is a piece of caramel cake with white chocolate ganache (37g). So in the immediate aftermath of wine then cake pretty much flat, then a gradual drop over late evening/overnight. Friend is going to come to mine to repeat the experiment in 9 days :D

Hello All

After chatting with @ColinUK this morning, thank you Colin for thinking about me, I have let my diabetes management slide due my increasing depression, anxiety and stress, much of the stress has been work related.

Just checking in to say hi to you all, congratulations on all those HS that have been achieved. I have been following all your stories, good and bad, ups and downs, just felt I had no right to come on here when I wasn’t bothering about my numbers.

Although The black dog on my back is still a snapping, snarling, growling creature, a dog so big it makes Scooby-doo look small, I have started to engage with the world again, doctor wanted me to start running again and doing yoga again. Thursday I went to my first yoga class in months and yesterday went out for my first solo run in ages and my furthest in that time as well. Colin reassured me it didn’t matter if I didn’t have a waking figure to post, just post anyway.

@Gwynn - really sorry to hear how difficult it has been getting the help for your wife after reaching out for that help, which I know can be difficult to do.

Have a nice weekend all and hope the weather is better where you guys are, it is very grey here in South West Essex.

Take care everyone.

So pleased to see you back @Grannylorraine and don't worry about not having readings to post, it's not mandatory and there are others here who don't, but still like to comment on stuff or just say hello and it is just good to see friends here daily, so please make a habit of posting even if it is just to say hello, especially if you are already lurking and reading our posts....
Really sorry to hear that work is causing you so much stress. You doctor is right of course that exercising is as good for mental health as physical but motivating yourself can be really hard, especially when you are feeling down, so a big WELL DONE for getting out to a yoga class and a run as well! I managed to get a few miles in yesterday, albeit after dark and I do feel better for it today and I really must keep at it. Hope to see you posting more regularly. (((HUGS)))

I have contemplated buying a new one but it does what I want it to do. I’ve looked at others and I don’t think they’ve actually gone up in price, relatively, I’m sure my in laws paid about £50 for my Robot Chef 42 years ago!
I bought my food processor in 1981/2 in Dubai as they were much cheaper there than in the UK at the time. It was murder lugging it home in this large box, but determination wins! It's still going strong though the original cream colour is now a nasty mustard! Meantime I've had numerous blenders that haven't lasted long. The current stick blender has lasted longer than most, but half the unnecessary attachments (e.g. potato masher etc) are broken.

Morning all, this grey and gloomy day in the Duchy.

6.4 this morning after an alert waking me at 04:38. Treated with 1 JB, half a stem ginger cookie and a 1.5 hour -20% temp basal. Dunno what's going on, I seem to be constantly low despite reducing doses and basals. Most people need less insulin in summer, I seem to be very contrary!

Having a day off cooking today as we're having left-over cottage pie from the freezer tonight.

@42istheanswer what an amazing line on that graph.... wish I could get one like that!

@Gwynn and @Michael12421 many congratulations on your HSs. Also @rebrascora on yours yesterday.

@Lucyr glad to see you are feeling a bit bettr.

@Grannylorraine It's really good to see you posting again.... huge hugs, I think you are very very brave. As @rebrascora says, you don't have to tell us your numbers, but just be here for us to support you how and where we can.

@Gwynn I am so sorry there's no further progress with the Crisis people, but hopefully their assessment might take things further?

Meantime all have a good day!

@Gwynn congrats on the HS. I hope you get the help you need from the assessment.

@Grannylorraine welcome back. Its good to hear from you. Sorry you're struggling with things.

Big hugs to you both.

Hello All

After chatting with @ColinUK this morning, thank you Colin for thinking about me, I have let my diabetes management slide due my increasing depression, anxiety and stress, much of the stress has been work related.

Just checking in to say hi to you all, congratulations on all those HS that have been achieved. I have been following all your stories, good and bad, ups and downs, just felt I had no right to come on here when I wasn’t bothering about my numbers.

Although The black dog on my back is still a snapping, snarling, growling creature, a dog so big it makes Scooby-doo look small, I have started to engage with the world again, doctor wanted me to start running again and doing yoga again. Thursday I went to my first yoga class in months and yesterday went out for my first solo run in ages and my furthest in that time as well. Colin reassured me it didn’t matter if I didn’t have a waking figure to post, just post anyway.

@Gwynn - really sorry to hear how difficult it has been getting the help for your wife after reaching out for that help, which I know can be difficult to do.

Have a nice weekend all and hope the weather is better where you guys are, it is very grey here in South West Essex.

Take care everyone.
Really good to hear from you again @Grannylorraine 🙂 I'm so sorry to hear that you have been struggling {{{HUGS}}} It's great to hear that you are 'getting back into the world' - making the stresses of work a much smaller part of your life is a very good move 🙂 Kudos to @ColinUK too, for helping - Colin, you are such a lovely guy 🙂

7.0 for me this morning. Failed last night’s Guess The Carbs game for our end of holiday Chinese takeaway, ended up with a 3.9 which of course I over-treated and got a 14 before drifting back down overnight to this mornings 7. Oh well, back to normal routines now and will concentrate more on things! Oh, my bolus pen cartridge carrier broke in the same place it had before, more superglue needed! It also prompts me to call the GP tomorrow to get a couple of replacements as these old pens look to be on their way out! Will try and get a spare as well as it’s made me realise just how reliant I am on them!

Strange to be back home having handed the boat over to another one of the owners in Birmingham yesterday. It was a very different week for us but really fun!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Back