Group 7-day waking average?

Mine was 6.1 this morning. Working from home today as I have a child off sick (I think just a nasty cold with a nasty headache, covid test negative) which means that my feet are a bit cold as I can only find one slipper (but don't really want to buy new ones without waiting a bit longer for the other one to turn up) and I have the heating off in the day... not sure it's really cold enough to turn it on as I don't have one of those nice "advance heating for an hour" buttons so I would have to remember to turn it back off again

12.9 so the Cobcenvteion of cobetion of reducing my Livermir and. Then also not czorrectingd 10.3 whenv I went to bed because I thought for this time I would try following the dafnee advice. Had its conqaunces. I've discovered I lost my key ne meter over the weekend (freestyle optimum) ring ablort but they don't have them in stock and hostpal don't tend to stock those meters anymore. I'm hoping my parents might find them in the car. Or something otherwise I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do
All the hospital found they did have one.

What has happened to all the garden birds, I have not seen any recently in the garden, even the pigeons and magpies are conspicuous by their absence.
Is this the effect of bird flu?
I was blaming a visiting cat for putting them off. I used to have so many visitors.
We haven’t got much in the garden at the moment, but we went for a walk over the fields behind the village yesterday and they were rammed with flocks of mixed finches, and we saw a flock of Fieldfares, newly arrived from Scandinavia. (We have just had several sorts of tits return to our feeders, though). I think at least here, there’s still plenty of food in the hedgerows, so they’re not having to forage in riskier areas yet.

New monitor arrived. Old one appeared to be working after a rest with new batteries and showed 10.1 2hrs after 0 carb breakfast (steak with an egg). Unpacked the newbie, read instructions, put in batteries, scored 8.5. Quite a difference after 10 minutes? No test fluid with new one and test fluid for old one out of date - tried it anyway on old one and got a reading of 10.1, retested having shaken bottle and just got the drop of blood icon...It will probably take 2 weeks to get a GP appointment to check against their tester. Wouldn't mind normally but sweating like a pig and barely crawling about - mucking out a real killer and 3 stops to get heart rate down on way to hens (50m). Quite tempted to say the Hell with it, drive down to shop, and buy something outrageous (battenburg, carrot cake, pack of cream doughnuts...all of them.) Thought it was only hypos which made one sweat.
Hope everyone is having a better day than me! (Moan over.)

New monitor arrived. Old one appeared to be working after a rest with new batteries and showed 10.1 2hrs after 0 carb breakfast (steak with an egg). Unpacked the newbie, read instructions, put in batteries, scored 8.5. Quite a difference after 10 minutes? No test fluid with new one and test fluid for old one out of date - tried it anyway on old one and got a reading of 10.1, retested having shaken bottle and just got the drop of blood icon...It will probably take 2 weeks to get a GP appointment to check against their tester. Wouldn't mind normally but sweating like a pig and barely crawling about - mucking out a real killer and 3 stops to get heart rate down on way to hens (50m). Quite tempted to say the Hell with it, drive down to shop, and buy something outrageous (battenburg, carrot cake, pack of cream doughnuts...all of them.) Thought it was only hypos which made one sweat.
Hope everyone is having a better day than me! (Moan over.)
Have you checked the meter manufacturer's website for ordering new control solution? Your post just reminded me that I needed to get a new bottle, and I found on the manufacturer's website that they will send me some for free. (They're also apparently including a gift of some flavoured gel which I assume is a hypo glucose remedy, I don't really need that as a type 2 not on medication but I'm guessing they're hoping that those who do need hypo treatments will decide to request prescription of/buy their product after trying it)

Not all manufacturers provide for free some charge.
I figured that, tbh I was expecting to pay. But if you've never checked then you don't know 😉

Old one was Agamatrix - control solution not on Amazon or their own website shop - is on Ebay at £17.. The new monitor is Sinocare and again solution not on Amazon or their own website and also not on Ebay. What is anyone else using which is proving reliable and has control solution available?`

I'm using GlucoRX Nexus Mini because that was the one that I was given. It seems reliable so far but not had a repeat HbA1c yet to check if it truly is

Frankly I've never found control solution the least bit of use. Cannot recall the last time I used it. Probably 15 or 16 years ago.

What has happened to all the garden birds, I have not seen any recently in the garden, even the pigeons and magpies are conspicuous by their absence.
Is this the effect of bird flu?
I was blaming a visiting cat for putting them off. I used to have so many visitors.
I saw three swallows yesterday - that's not right, is it? :confused:

Late check in for me today : 5.5 this morning.

Set off on the boat in the fog this morning from Dunchurch and made good time, especially when the fog lifted! Got to our overnight mooring at Long Itchington by 2pm and we decided to call it a day there after a long day yesterday flying back from Belfast then onto the boat at night.

Managed to keep BG in check all day today, even with a meal in a pub tonight I managed to guess the carbs quite well by the look of it - so far no spike afterwards out of range, but then a 30 minute walk to a local shop to stock up on food and back to the boat probably helped burn some off!

Late check in for me today : 5.5 this morning.

Set off on the boat in the fog this morning from Dunchurch and made good time, especially when the fog lifted! Got to our overnight mooring at Long Itchington by 2pm and we decided to call it a day there after a long day yesterday flying back from Belfast then onto the boat at night.

Managed to keep BG in check all day today, even with a meal in a pub tonight I managed to guess the carbs quite well by the look of it - so far no spike afterwards out of range, but then a 30 minute walk to a local shop to stock up on food and back to the boat probably helped burn some off!
Was that the Duck on the Pond, it used to be very good. It closed down for a while and we haven't been since.

Was that the Duck on the Pond, it used to be very good. It closed down for a while and we haven't been since.
No, we went to the Cuttle Inn. We had planned on the Two Boats, but they are closed until Friday for a refurb. But the food in the Cuttle Inn was really good! We saw the Duck on the Pond as we walked up to the Co Op, it looked a lovely big pub. One for next time going past!

5.2 this morning at 7.30 am rushing about this morning, shopping, cleaning out cupboards at either side, of recess giving access to power supply and water, ready for new washer which is being delivered and fitted today between noon and 4pm. Now sat with a coffee and my feet up for 10 minutes or so, before starting on bedrooms or into garden to finish what I started Saturday.
Hope everyone has a good day 🙂
Congratulations on the House Special! 🙂

HouseSpecial_300x.jpg

Back