Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 🙂 3.7 here, but no 3am or 6am spike, yay!

Went out for Sunday lunch yesterday to a very popular pub...soooo disappointing. The Yorkshire pud looked liked a piece of elephant dung (hubby’s words) - big, lumpy, dark brown. And the rest was either tasteless or burnt. It used to be the best Sunday lunch in the area...shame.

Happy Monday ev1!

Morning all. 🙂 3.7 here, but no 3am or 6am spike, yay!

Went out for Sunday lunch yesterday to a very popular pub...soooo disappointing. The Yorkshire pud looked liked a piece of elephant dung (hubby’s words) - big, lumpy, dark brown. And the rest was either tasteless or burnt. It used to be the best Sunday lunch in the area...shame.

Happy Monday ev1!
Maybe it was just a bad day in the kitchen.

5.8 for me today. 🙂

Dez

And it’s another 5.1 for me today, that’s three 5.1’s in a row I must be getting good at having my supper at the right time.

12.9 so the Cobcenvteion of cobetion of reducing my Livermir and. Then also not czorrectingd 10.3 whenv I went to bed because I thought for this time I would try following the dafnee advice. Had its conqaunces. I've discovered I lost my key ne meter over the weekend (freestyle optimum) ring ablort but they don't have them in stock and hostpal don't tend to stock those meters anymore. I'm hoping my parents might find them in the car. Or something otherwise I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do

Good morning.
Weather miserable so have just chucked everyone some hay in the hope it will improve later. BG 5.7.
I wonder whether that would work with my family ...

Morning all. 8.2 for me today. Probably looks high but a marked improvement on the last several days. I logged everything yesterday, including the bread & butter pudding (Mark (hubby) had bought it several days ago and it kept never being the right time to have it so we cooked it last night). I had a ¼ and put the other ¼ in the fridge for him to have today. It took willpower. I also made sure I didn't then have anything sweet - no orange, no mini-magnum, not even an alcohol free beer (I don't drink anymore) and I was pleased with my pre-bed reading of 8.6 which was only just 2 hours after supper. I've got a good feeling about this - partly because I've fessed up to Mark that my resolve has been slipping. Whilst I absolutely can't stand it if people say "oh are you allowed to have that?" (in fact anyone in my close family knows that the reaction from me if they utter those words are definitely not worth it!) - it is helpful if other people around you know. I found this when I decided to stop drinking - if I hadn't told my family then I would have probably carried on after a few days but being open and honest about it made it so much easier. Anyway - that's my morning words of wisdom over with. Not got much planned today. We're sorting out my mother-in-law's house at the moment (she died in June) and I've got the job of working out which clothes to take to charity shop and which to Salvation Army - it's a sad job and sometimes things in pockets stop you in your tracks - but it also makes me feel close to her. Have a good day everyone x

Morning all. 8.2 for me today. Probably looks high but a marked improvement on the last several days. I logged everything yesterday, including the bread & butter pudding (Mark (hubby) had bought it several days ago and it kept never being the right time to have it so we cooked it last night). I had a ¼ and put the other ¼ in the fridge for him to have today. It took willpower. I also made sure I didn't then have anything sweet - no orange, no mini-magnum, not even an alcohol free beer (I don't drink anymore) and I was pleased with my pre-bed reading of 8.6 which was only just 2 hours after supper. I've got a good feeling about this - partly because I've fessed up to Mark that my resolve has been slipping. Whilst I absolutely can't stand it if people say "oh are you allowed to have that?" (in fact anyone in my close family knows that the reaction from me if they utter those words are definitely not worth it!) - it is helpful if other people around you know. I found this when I decided to stop drinking - if I hadn't told my family then I would have probably carried on after a few days but being open and honest about it made it so much easier. Anyway - that's my morning words of wisdom over with. Not got much planned today. We're sorting out my mother-in-law's house at the moment (she died in June) and I've got the job of working out which clothes to take to charity shop and which to Salvation Army - it's a sad job and sometimes things in pockets stop you in your tracks - but it also makes me feel close to her. Have a good day everyone x
It is not an easy task to go through personal things but maybe some consolation that others will benefit.
We had some clothes that were too big as both myself and my other half had lost weight and there were some good suits of his. The Air Ambulance charity shop said they sell any items likely to fetch more than £25 on E-bay rather than in their shops.

It is not an easy task to go through personal things but maybe some consolation that others will benefit.
We had some clothes that were too big as both myself and my other half had lost weight and there were some good suits of his. The Air Ambulance charity shop said they sell any items likely to fetch more than £25 on E-bay rather than in their shops.
Yes - I work at a local children's hospice in Oxford and when really good things come into our shops we sell them on Ebay and get a much better price. I said to my husband that most of these clothes are going home as she was a great customer in all the local charity shops!

Very happy with a 4.4 (probably nearer 5.4 in reality 🙄 ) this morning after a 1.5 unit correction before bed for an 8.2. Levels slowly descended to the bottom of my range and then leveled out beautifully. Funny how a graph can make you feel so inordinately happy. I went over to my sisters for Sunday dinner yesterday and whilst I was reasonably restrained with the carbs I had a little bit of everything including a sliver of cheesecake with rum and raisin ice cream for afters and I didn't stress about any of it. Timed the insulin perfectly, both for main course and dessert (which admittedly involved sitting looking at my dessert for a good 15 mins whilst everyone else tucked in (took a bit of discipline but then I prefer my ice cream melted a bit anyway), jabbed 2 corrections afterwards to keep in range and managed to keep between 4 and 9. Feel like that was a really big win for me yesterday, mostly with my mental attitude towards it. Just felt really confident and really enjoyed my evening and did a great job with managing my levels and most importantly I didn't stress about any of it.

If we're talking weird recipes - we stayed in a gorgeous hotel in the Dordogne several years ago and it had a Michelin Star restaurant. One of the many courses was a Foie Gras Creme Brûlée. Sounds disgusting but actually we all ate it and it was quite yummy - think that was a one off though and not something I'd like to have too often! https://www.meilleurduchef.com/en/recipe/foie-gras-creme-brulee.html
Reminds me of a scallop festival in Paimpol, Brittany where we had a 3 course menu based on scallops. I enjoyed the first two courses but "Scallop in a passionfruit custard" for dessert was one scallop too far! Hubby said it was "not bad" but I asked for Tarte Tatin instead!

BTW @ColinUK the risotto recipe sounds reasonable until you read ithat it's also got beer in it!

What has happened to all the garden birds, I have not seen any recently in the garden, even the pigeons and magpies are conspicuous by their absence.
Is this the effect of bird flu?
I was blaming a visiting cat for putting them off. I used to have so many visitors.

Morning all - lovely clear blue sky, but who knows how long that will last?

5.7 with a nice straight line.

Started watching the Rogue SAS thing last night. Got up to get a nightcap between episodes 2 and 3 and as I was passing the fruit bowl I noticed it was full of liquid to within an inch of the top. We took it into the kitchen and emptied out the fruit. Everything was fine except for a honeydew melon which we had only bought 3/4 days ago... the whole of the bottom of the melon was rotted into a big hole and the liquid was clearly "melon soup". Yack! We washed the rest of the fruit and dried it carefully - hopefully no harm has come to it..... and drained the soup into the sink before wrapping what was left of the melon in a bag and dropped it into the bin. After today's conversation perhaps we could have made coffee with it!

Have a good day everyone.

What has happened to all the garden birds, I have not seen any recently in the garden, even the pigeons and magpies are conspicuous by their absence.
Is this the effect of bird flu?
I was blaming a visiting cat for putting them off. I used to have so many visitors.
There is a distinct lack of seagulls round here. I'm told that the bird flu has ravished the seagull population of many of the small ports around here. They can be an awful nuisance (we call them flying rats) and they often attack people with food in their hands in the open air.... but even so I wouldn't wish suffering on any creature.

5.2 this morning at 7.30 am rushing about this morning, shopping, cleaning out cupboards at either side, of recess giving access to power supply and water, ready for new washer which is being delivered and fitted today between noon and 4pm. Now sat with a coffee and my feet up for 10 minutes or so, before starting on bedrooms or into garden to finish what I started Saturday.
Hope everyone has a good day 🙂

Back