Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all and 7 on the dot for me. I reckon I was just a half unit out on my chippy tea night. Felt really hungry after a few days being off my food so fish, scone and peas it was.

Must look for some new hair clippers as mine have given up the ghost.

Have a good day everyone.

Morning all.. yet another day that started off with blue skies and has degenerated into overall grey.

9.5 this morning. My own fault as we shared a Lidl sourdough crust half and half pizza last night and didn't do a dual-wave bolus which I knew I should have done, so ended up low right after and then rising through the night. It looked yummy when we bought it but actually was far too rich and made us both feel a bit nauseous afterwards. That's me put off pizza for another year, just when I was getting fond of them again and thinking I could manage them!

Nothing on all day and Julian glued to the rugby all day.

@Gwynn thinking of you and sending hugs. As so many others have already said it just might open the door to proper treatment for your wife if she is hospitalised and at least will give you a little break.

@Bexlee..;. you mean your phone actually spoke to you? Marvellous, specially for those with impaired vision, but I'd be grateful just to have an app that worked properly. Getting well hacked off with it all now.

@ColinUK Hope your friend is OK

@Elenka_HM Have a wonderful time with your parents and I hope it does the trick for you.

@Lily123 Congratulations on the HS! Well done 2 days in a row. Not easy for a T1.

@eggyg I have drawers full of handbags in all shades (I only use a cheap nylon bum bag these days) so I could easily lend you one, but it's a bit of a long round trip to do before 3pm.

Sooo... have a good day everyone.

It wasn't quite morning by the time I actually got up and didn't check when I first woke :rofl: but a near miss for HS at 5.3

Morning all.. yet another day that started off with blue skies and has degenerated into overall grey.

9.5 this morning. My own fault as we shared a Lidl sourdough crust half and half pizza last night and didn't do a dual-wave bolus which I knew I should have done, so ended up low right after and then rising through the night. It looked yummy when we bought it but actually was far too rich and made us both feel a bit nauseous afterwards. That's me put off pizza for another year, just when I was getting fond of them again and thinking I could manage them!

Nothing on all day and Julian glued to the rugby all day.

@Gwynn thinking of you and sending hugs. As so many others have already said it just might open the door to proper treatment for your wife if she is hospitalised and at least will give you a little break.

@Bexlee..;. you mean your phone actually spoke to you? Marvellous, specially for those with impaired vision, but I'd be grateful just to have an app that worked properly. Getting well hacked off with it all now.

@ColinUK Hope your friend is OK

@Elenka_HM Have a wonderful time with your parents and I hope it does the trick for you.

@Lily123 Congratulations on the HS! Well done 2 days in a row. Not easy for a T1.

@eggyg I have drawers full of handbags in all shades (I only use a cheap nylon bum bag these days) so I could easily lend you one, but it's a bit of a long round trip to do before 3pm.

Sooo... have a good day everyone.
The “ha ha” was for the handbag bit, not the pizza bit. I’m not a fan of pizzas, I’ll look at them when others have them and think that looks nice, when I’m offered a bit I’m not impressed. I’m not keen on greasy cheesy things. :(

Afternoon

It was 13.3 for me this morning, mix of my contraceptive injection on Tuesday and possibly the pain in my knee, no idea what I've done to it

Well yesterday's issue was because the meter ran out, all sorted after Bruce got home and put the money on and then restart the boiler 🙄

Bruce picked up his new phone yesterday, the screen protector was delivered on Thursday and the case was delivered today so he'll be able to use it, I'd told him if it wasn't all here then it wasn't going to work with him on Monday for safety! Also bought him an early present of a new battery charger and 4 batteries for his vape that came today and his mum picked up a Christmas tree for us this morning as they didn't have time yesterday afternoon

I bought a Fiver Friday wax deal last week and it also came today, aren't they cute! Xx

Attachments

• 20221112_120807.jpg
    20221112_120807.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 13
4.9 when I got up this morning. Got to the airport and through security just in time for final call on our flight. But made it ok, albeit a bit stressed! Peaked to 12.4 thanks to a carry on Costa almond croissant and cappuccino I took on the flight. Luckily the bolus managed to do its job and was back in range fairly quickly. Sensor plus spare survived the airport security, even though I was scanned then had the sensor on my arm swabbed. It wasn’t a whole body scanner but something I’d not seen before where you stand in front of a panel - maybe a more sophisticated metal scanner? They assured me all would be ok with the sensor and indeed it was.

Now enjoying our weekend with my wife’s Aunt & Uncle in Northern Ireland and managing to guess fairly well for carbs in soda bread :rofl:

@Lily123 - congratulations on your HS!

@Gwynn - hope today went ok for you both. Thinking of you!

Take care everyone!

Hi @Pattidevans yes the phone spoke ! It used to until the iOS upgrade thing to iOS 16 then it stopped I’ve had 3 sensors on since none spoke and then it started again part way through 3rd sensor.

6.5 for me this morning forgot to post

Good morning everyone.

The struggle continues sadly. The crisis team came and my wife refused to engage or cooperate with them. I had been told that she would then be hospitalised, but no, apparently they have to do another full assessment first. They will ring me up tomorrow after they have discussed things with the consultant. Presumably they will inform me when the assessment is to take place.

Yesterday was hell itself after my wife was informed in the morning that they were coming back in the afternoon.

Today will probably be ok as there will be no contact from the crisis team. But Monday? Probably a lot worse than yesterday.

And all this time my wife is very upset and very afraid.

Me, I am terified and very sad.

BG this morning, high for me at 5.5 (at least this is ok)

Oh and they are going to do a carers assessment for me too to see if I can get some support. I really need some support as I am struggling a lot more with my wifes illness and I am getting older and body things are breaking down bit by bit.

6.1 Cold appears to be easing up a little thankfully.

Friend is ok. We checked in with each other throughout the day yesterday and I’ll text him in a few minutes to see how he is today.

@Gwynn It’s entirely understandable that both of you are scared. I’d expect you’re also exhausted by all this as well.
It’s going to be upsetting to see a loved one sectioned but it is the right thing. At least she’ll be in a place where Help can be given and perhaps with that help her medication can be tweaked and therapy found to enable her to find a new equilibrium.
It’s also good that you’re having your needs assessed and hopefully that will lead to making your life easier than it currently is.

@Gwynn as @ColinUK says it is understandable that you are both scared, emotionally and physically exhausted, I am thinking of you both and hope that both you and your wife get the help and support you both need swiftly.

@ColinUK glad to read your cold is improving and your friend is ok

5.3 this morning, don't like dark mornings, especially when the skies are grey and there's a real threat of rain, wanted to do some more of the garden today but it may have to wait.
Have a good day everyone 🙂

Morning all. 🙂 6.1 here.

Sending (((Hugs))) @Gwynn. When they do your assessment, don’t hold back, let them know how dreadful things are for you and your wife. You have to receive support.

It’s not raining - beach, here we come! 🙂

Morning all. 7 on the nose today, which is quite remarkable considering I didn’t take my usual 9.5 units of Levemir last night! Just got up and realised when my kit bag was still in the drawer and there wasn’t a used needle lying in its usual position! I don’t know why, I definitely wasn’t drunk but I was tired as although we got home just after 9, I watched Jools Holland until nearly midnight. Think maybe the few glasses of wine kept my BGs steady? Wonder what will happen today? What a numpty! 😳

Today will be spent doing laundry and hanging it out as forecast is good, catching up on the jungle, and Strictly before tonight’s show. Tidying up as it looks like a bomb site in my bedroom and watching Mr Eggy cook the tea. It’s duck breasts today, and that’s his area of expertise.

@Gwynn sorry you’ve to wait another day before there’s any action. Hope your wife is more settled at least, and fingers crossed that decisions are made quickly as the waiting must be awful for you.

Have a super Sunday everyone. 🙂

Photo of my graph as I got downstairs and realised I hadn’t taken my basal. It could have been worse.

Attachments

• 5408791D-E075-4CD6-8C4D-35F41863EABB.jpeg
    5408791D-E075-4CD6-8C4D-35F41863EABB.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 9
9.7. we ended up having McDonald's last night night as it was one of the only options where we staying (just for one night). And and was 3.6 just before going to to sleep and treated it but also had an Oreo as 4.6. not so if is was a timing issue so prepared to wake up a tad high this morning in fact I was half expecting it be over 10. I given half a unit because I thought if I would correct a 10 why would I not correct a 9..7.Vi just remember that danfe says don't correct after a hypo though but then again they dance hypos as less than 3.5.

It may be McDonald's againfor backdast so going need to eat loads of heathy food when I get back (for some reason I have feeling I wouldn't need to spit dose for they backfast like I might for the main meal

Good moaning! 11.8 here! As yesterday evening was 12.8, and before lunch and bed were good I have switched to a new vial of Isophane. I am pretty convinced these 10ml vials lose potency towards the end. Just makes me feel guilty when poor people in US struggle to buy insulin and/or ration it. The presidents should be ashamed! :(

Back