Group 7-day waking average?

@Gwynn I’m so sorry that it’s come to this stage.
I accept it might be very difficult but try and find something, anything, which will bring a little light in today.

Congrats to @Lily123 on that HS. Just missed it this morning on 5.1. 🙂

Dez

Even that won’t tempt me to watch LOL.
I never used to watch it, but got suckered in one year when folks were all talking about it. If I miss an episode I’m not too bothered usually, but because Mr Hancock is on it this year ( apparently he went in last night, I’ll maybe watch later) I’m desperate to see how it plays out. I’m certain he’ll be voted to do all the challenges! :rofl:

And it’s a 5.2 for me today.

Morning all. 4.4 for me this morning. Take one unit less for breakfast. Got to take dog to get his claws cut . He hates it . Hell if a job to drag him into the groomers . Have a good day folks
Presumably it’s easier to drag him anywhere once they’ve been trimmed.

Very happy with a 4.8 this morning. Overcast and blustery today compared to the bright sunshine and stillness yesterday which was lovely. Still at this time of year, I will just be happy that it isn't chucking it down.

Congrats go out to @Lily123 and @Barrowman on achieving House Specials this morning.
@Gwynn Hope things improve soon. Maybe a spell in hospital might improve things for both of you and give you a bit of breathing space.

Last edited:
Good morning - 2.8

This level worries me! When I hit that late Tuesday afternoon I was perspiring like a good one and my vision was blurring! I have been 1.9 on humanoid insulin without symptoms, which is why I remain on porcine. Maybe that's why I am not a fan of pork as it makes me feel like a cannibal! 🙂 Joking apart it could be an option!

I never used to watch it, but got suckered in one year when folks were all talking about it. If I miss an episode I’m not too bothered usually, but because Mr Hancock is on it this year ( apparently he went in last night, I’ll maybe watch later) I’m desperate to see how it plays out. I’m certain he’ll be voted to do all the challenges! :rofl:
If I ever accidently land on a reality show when I'm flicking thru the channels, just a couple of minutes' watching and I feel like my brain is being sucked out of my nostrils, it's that painful for me, hahaha...we're all different! :D

Morning all. 🙂 9.0 here...the tweakathon continues! What’s going on at 3am to cause the spike in my BG? The body moves in mysterious ways...
Hi Bloden. Has your nurse told you that in order to control BG with your basal you need to adjust from 2 hours prior to the spike? So if the spike occurs at 3am you need to adjust basal from 1am. If it were me I would reduce my basal just the minimum amount you can and see what happens. On a pump the tiniest adjustment can make a big difference. On my previous pump I could adjust by 0.01 per hour and often found a tweak of 0.02 or 0.03 would suffice to give me a straight line. On the Omnipod the smallest adjustment is 0.05 which I find is often a touch too much. Good luck!

Hi Bloden. Has your nurse told you that in order to control BG with your basal you need to adjust from 2 hours prior to the spike? So if the spike occurs at 3am you need to adjust basal from 1am. If it were me I would reduce my basal just the minimum amount you can and see what happens. On a pump the tiniest adjustment can make a big difference. On my previous pump I could adjust by 0.01 per hour and often found a tweak of 0.02 or 0.03 would suffice to give me a straight line. On the Omnipod the smallest adjustment is 0.05 which I find is often a touch too much. Good luck!
Yeah, don't worry, I'm up to speed on the timing of basal adjustments, but thanks. Good of you to check! :D
You say to reduce my basal. Did you mean raise my basal? :confused:

Morning all on this grey, lackluster day.

6.3 this morning after some shenanagens in the wee hours that needed 4 JBs + a whole cookie and a temp basal for 1.5 hours. Clearly time for more tweaking down the basals.

Hoping my new air fryer will arrive today, though the DPD tracking service only tells me it's "in transit" and has been for about 2 days. I've some leftover mash and pepperonata in the fridge, so I was hoping I could cook some sausages in the air fryer if it arrives.

Missed Celeb Masterchef last night as I fell asleep on the sofa, so got that to catch up on before we watch tonight's episode. Not at all sure we will watch Celeb, cos as far as I recall we once watched one and said "what a load of rubbish". Not denigrating anyone who does... our sneaky secret is watching "Below decks" which is probably just as bad!

Not much on today, visit to Lidl and deliver a friend's birthday card.

@Barrowman and @Lily123 congrats on your HSs.

@Gwynn, big hugs. So sorry to hear of your wife's crisis. I agree with @rebrascora - a spell in hospital might help as someone else will see her state and it would give you some respite for a while. Nevertheless Happy Birthday, hope there is something a little bit nice you can do for yourself today.

@ColinUK and @eggyg hope that cold quickly runs off and leaves you alone!

If I ever accidently land on a reality show when I'm flicking thru the channels, just a couple of minutes' watching and I feel like my brain is being sucked out of my nostrils, it's that painful for me, hahaha...we're all different! :D

I have only seen a few minutes of any reality show. I might watch it if Maxy (swoon emoji) from Bake Off were on but then I know she has more upstairs than Matt Handcock and BoJo put together! Mind you for £800k I'd be checking the carb content of worms! 🙂

Yeah, don't worry, I'm up to speed on the timing of basal adjustments, but thanks. Good of you to check! :D
You say to reduce my basal. Did you mean raise my basal? :confused:
Oops yes, I meant increase it. Mine's the opposite, I need to reduce it as I'm having hypos at 3am.

Mr Eggy absolutely hates them. That’s why I record them and watch them whilst ironing or even if I’m hoovering or flicking a duster about. You don’t need to concentrate and I fast forward quite a bit. At times it’s hilarious, one of the “Celebs” I use the word lightly, a young lad from Hollyoaks which I have never watched, is a bit dim. Mike Tindall AKA Zara Phillips hubby, was asked how he met Zara. He said in Sydney. Nice but dim lad asked “ ooh is she Australian?” He didn’t know who Boy George was and when introduced to him asked his name. Surely everyone would recognise Boy George, wouldn’t they? :confused:
I’ll be rooting for my fellow Libre user Sue and I’ll be willing Matt Hancock to get all the nasty challenges. :rofl:

Late check-in today for me, 6.4 on getting up, but mid 9s this morning, probably due to my visit to the dentist and hygienist! I’m such a wuss and get so stressed out beforehand, yet thankfully everything was ok and no work required 🙂

Needed a bit of correction insulin to bring my levels back down before lunch and now firmly in range around low 5s whilst waiting for the lunch spike to kick in.

Congratulations to @Lily123 and @Barrowman on your HS!

@Gwynn - thinking of you in your tough times. Hopefully everything will work out for you both. Been there in the past with my ex and it pulled me down as well, but there was light at the end of the tunnel and we got through it all into better times. I should say as well that the divorce was quite some years afterwards and not connected to those times at all. Now been remarried for 12 years and very happy - apart from wondering where all those years went to!

Mr Eggy absolutely hates them. That’s why I record them and watch them whilst ironing or even if I’m hoovering or flicking a duster about. You don’t need to concentrate and I fast forward quite a bit. At times it’s hilarious, one of the “Celebs” I use the word lightly, a young lad from Hollyoaks which I have never watched, is a bit dim. Mike Tindall AKA Zara Phillips hubby, was asked how he met Zara. He said in Sydney. Nice but dim lad asked “ ooh is she Australian?” He didn’t know who Boy George was and when introduced to him asked his name. Surely everyone would recognise Boy George, wouldn’t they? :confused:
I’ll be rooting for my fellow Libre user Sue and I’ll be willing Matt Hancock to get all the nasty challenges. :rofl:
“A bit dim” being a remarkable understatement. But in that mix it’s funny telly. And Ant and Dec are their usual highly rehearsed and professional very slick “Everyman” presenter duo.

Back