Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all - much like yesterday, some blue, some white fluffy ones, but at least the forecast is for some sunny periods this afternoon unlike yesterday afternoon when it hissed down..

5.9 this morning with a nice flat line. Was utterly exhausted last night for no reason I can think of, so went to bed just gone 9pm. Slept until 9am this morning, though with several visits to the loo.

OMG that Gammon never stops giving! After doing 3 portions on Monday and 2 last night it's going to be ham and mushroom pie tonight! Plus using the left-over stock for a minted pea soup with a bag of economy frozen peas.

Nothing much else on today.

@khskel Congratulations on the HS.

@Elenka_HM hope the GP can sort you out and you can mend the friendship with your girlfriend.

@eggyg, hope it stays fine for your walk.

Good morning. Running late - BG 6.3 - having overslept.
It isn't raining at the moment although puddles everywhere suggest it continued to hammer down last night and the clouds that it will be at it again shortly.
I went out yesterday to top up the yard hay when Peachy rolled a cynical eye at me and marched, uninvited, into her loose box followed by her foal. Mr Louie bustled in after them, with clear plans of heading for the hay store, but responded sheepishly to a sweeping gesture and a firm "in your box, you!" Clearly, despite the mild temperature, they were not amused by the multiple gallons a second falling on them. This is wet even for Wales.
Don't think my Imperial Dahlias are enjoying it - 6fy high and nary a blossom. I mutter "it's a fork for you if I see no effort" each time I pass but they aren't listening. Has anyone managed to get the brutes to flower?
Have a good (and hopefully dry) day.

3.3 on the Libre, 4.8 with a finger prick so that is OK . Graph shows a very slow steady decline overnight from 7.4 so looks like I might need a slight reduction on my evening basal again. Perhaps the new HRT patch which was somewhat overdue 🙄 has caused levels to drop a bit.
Congrats to @khskel on the House Special and hope you are feeling better soon.

@Lily123 Lovely to see you back posting again.

@Elenka_HM Hope your system sorts itself out soon and that it doesn't catch you out at an inconvenient moment.

@Lanny Not heard from you for a few days. Hope you are OK?

Late morning ! A rude awaking by the low alarm this morning. Used it as an excuse to have toast and lime marmalade - bit of a treat. Starting to feel better after covid

Hope everyone has a good rest of the day.

6.0 this morning. Other than that it's been a catalogue of things not going quite right and making more work for me! Going to eat lunch now so hopefully will feel more caught up by the end of my work day...

which is your local town? Only asking because of us hoping to move to the Lakes (when we can get a buyer for this house).
We live just on the outskirts of the metropolis ( NOT) of Cumbria’s county town. Carlisle. 10 minutes to the Scottish Borders. 20 mins to Ullswater. 60 minutes to Newcastle if you want some decent shops and theatres. Cumbria is a big county but not a very big population. It depends if you’re looking to live in LDNP, the outer lying towns and villages or the coast and whether you’re a multi millionaire or not. Places in the south Lakes for example Windermere, go for a fortune. In my dreams I’d live overlooking Ullswater but we’ll have to win the Euro Millions. Or for a fraction of the price I’d move to the west coast and have the best of both worlds. Lakes, mountains and the sea. I lived near Cockermouth when I was a child, it’s a lovely town on the edge of the western lakes. We’ve been in that area today at Loweswater, Crummock and Buttermere very close by. Quite peaceful compared with the honeypots of Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick, all of which I love too. We’re actually staying in Ambleside next month for a week. Lots of good walking. The world is your oyster. Let me know if you need any info. X

Evening all, i didn't get time to post this morning but it was 5.4. Its been a very long day today. I hope everyone has had a good day.

We live just on the outskirts of the metropolis ( NOT) of Cumbria’s county town. Carlisle. 10 minutes to the Scottish Borders. 20 mins to Ullswater. 60 minutes to Newcastle if you want some decent shops and theatres. Cumbria is a big county but not a very big population. It depends if you’re looking to live in LDNP, the outer lying towns and villages or the coast and whether you’re a multi millionaire or not. Places in the south Lakes for example Windermere, go for a fortune. In my dreams I’d live overlooking Ullswater but we’ll have to win the Euro Millions. Or for a fraction of the price I’d move to the west coast and have the best of both worlds. Lakes, mountains and the sea. I lived near Cockermouth when I was a child, it’s a lovely town on the edge of the western lakes. We’ve been in that area today at Loweswater, Crummock and Buttermere very close by. Quite peaceful compared with the honeypots of Ambleside, Grasmere, Keswick, all of which I love too. We’re actually staying in Ambleside next month for a week. Lots of good walking. The world is your oyster. Let me know if you need any info. X
It sounds like a fantastic place but I bet you get a bit fed up of tourists getting stuck with big vehicles on the narrow roads.
I never think of going to stay away somewhere that is not far from home but it seems like a good idea.

Last edited:
It sounds like a fantastic place but I bet you get a bit fed up of tourists getting stuck with big vehicles on the narrow roads.
I never think of going to stay away somewhere that is not far from home but it seems like a good idea.
You’d be surprised how quiet it is. It’s a big county, plenty of room for everyone. During the lockdowns it went a bit crazy but it’s calmed down a bit now. We bumped into about a dozen people on our walk round the lake today. That’s quite busy for a Wednesday in November!

Anyone else spot the CGM on the arm of the celeb in I’m A Celeb?

Anyone else spot the CGM on the arm of the celeb in I’m A Celeb?
Go on then.... which one?? I have only seen a bit of one episode so far when I was up at Ian's and I certainly didn't spot it .... And assuming they are Type 1, how on earth will they bolus for kangaroo testicles and witchety grub and what a pain it would be having to bolus for rice and beans every night! 🙄

It’s Sue.
Actor best known from Corrie I think.

Back