Group 7-day waking average?

SOME people may not! We have newspapers, but sadly no fire/burner that can use them.
My mum's builder/handyman drops in every week to check on her and to pick up her old newspapers - which are the perfect size for the bottom of his parrot's cage apparently. What would we do without SOME people? :confused: :D

And its a 5.7 for me this drab and dismal day.

My Gran had a coal fire and we used to make paper knots for lighting the fire. Not so easy now as people don't have Newspapers.
That is a problem. Last week when we had the frost, we decided to light it. Only one sheet left from a Sunday Times dated April! Luckily, after having a ratch in the recycling I found some egg boxes. Couldn’t make paper knots but it worked, eventually. I’m loath to buy newspapers just to burn as they’re so expensive now. I don’t know anyone who reads real papers now to get some from. I might have to go out before daylight on recycling collection day to “forage” in my neighbours bags!

That is a problem. Last week when we had the frost, we decided to light it. Only one sheet left from a Sunday Times dated April! Luckily, after having a ratch in the recycling I found some egg boxes. Couldn’t make paper knots but it worked, eventually. I’m loath to buy newspapers just to burn as they’re so expensive now. I don’t know anyone who reads real papers now to get some from. I might have to go out before daylight on recycling collection day to “forage” in my neighbours bags!
You could always just ask them!

My cleaner used to make firelighters by taking the cardboard tube from toilet rolls and stuffing it with tumble dryer fluff. I used to save the stuff for her.

@gll Ooooh, I'd love to know what else you have cooked in the airfryer.

I'd be tempted to change my Instant Pot for a similar sized one with an air fry lid. Although I saw somewhere a lid, just a lid, which you can use with any pot and turns it into an air fryer...

I'd be tempted to change my Instant Pot for a similar sized one with an air fry lid. Although I saw somewhere a lid, just a lid, which you can use with any pot and turns it into an air fryer...
Oh gosh! I wish I had thought of an Instant Pot duo. Well, I have until 31 Jan to return the item I have ordered if I am not happy with it. I didn't realy know about Instant pots. Only Ninjas and I was rather reluctant to pay the outrageous prices for those!

@goodybags we've had a smart TV for years. The current one is a 48" curved screen that replaced the original one when a lightening strike knocked all the tech equipment out in our family room at the old house. Unfortunately ITV have done and update which won't work on certain Samsung TVs. Fortunately we can still watch it via an Amazon Firestick that we have.

so far sausages (link and square), bacon, roast chicken and various freezer stuff like fish, chicken chargrills and oven chips and some roasties. Kiddo did part baked rolls in it too and they turned out fine.
I did try making cookies. The kids appreciated them, I only tried a wee bit but was too sweet for me.
Really want to try cooking a steak in it and some home made chips. That will be on the shopping list this week I think.
Only had it a couple of week so much more science to try.
I ended up getting the dual drawer ninja one which doesn't need a preheat and can sync the cooking times to finish at the same time.

They’re also doing the peak hours reduction thing and I’m curious how that’s going to work when I’ve cut usage as low as realistically possible already.
Apparently they want you to not use energy hungry equipment during the peak times, outlined so far are washing machine, tumble dryer and oven, we don't even have a smart meter yet as Scottish Power don't give to new customers straight away and as far as I'm aware they aren't taking part in it but we wouldn't be anyway as that's when we use the oven :rofl: xx

Afternoon folks

6.3 for me this morning

It's my 6th diaversary in 2 days and my birthday in 8 days, I won't be celebrating either as I'll be on my own the majority of them lol xx

My cleaner used to make firelighters by taking the cardboard tube from toilet rolls and stuffing it with tumble dryer fluff. I used to save the stuff for her.

Oh I can’t afford tumble dryer fluff! :rofl:

Oh gosh! I wish I had thought of an Instant Pot duo. Well, I have until 31 Jan to return the item I have ordered if I am not happy with it. I didn't realy know about Instant pots. Only Ninjas and I was rather reluctant to pay the outrageous prices for those!

@goodybags we've had a smart TV for years. The current one is a 48" curved screen that replaced the original one when a lightening strike knocked all the tech equipment out in our family room at the old house. Unfortunately ITV have done and update which won't work on certain Samsung TVs. Fortunately we can still watch it via an Amazon Firestick that we have.
I like my Instant Pot but it's a little small. Granted I have a tiny freezer but it would still be good to have a slightly larger one (no sniggering at the back!)

Apparently they want you to not use energy hungry equipment during the peak times, outlined so far are washing machine, tumble dryer and oven, we don't even have a smart meter yet as Scottish Power don't give to new customers straight away and as far as I'm aware they aren't taking part in it but we wouldn't be anyway as that's when we use the oven :rofl: xx
I get that but then it's compared to your normal usage I understand. So there's a part of me which wants to lift general usage a little before the reduction bonus comes in.
I'm sure I'm not reading it right but that's how my logic works!

Afternoon folks

6.3 for me this morning

It's my 6th diaversary in 2 days and my birthday in 8 days, I won't be celebrating either as I'll be on my own the majority of them lol xx
Celebrate them both with us. Some might even have cake!

Back