Group 7-day waking average?

Good morning folks. 6.5 on this splendid sensor. Normal service has now resumed and I bagged a unicorn yesterday. 18 my eye! :rofl:

Off to see a gastroenterologist this afternoon about my dodgy tummy. Not sure what they can do, just hope it doesn’t involve going under the knife. :( More than likely more drugs to go with the shedload I already take. On the bright side it’s a day out, as when I got my letter to chose my hospital ( four choices) only one had any appointments! Hobson’s Choice then. It’s 35 miles away on the coast, the forecast is good so we will take a stroll and see the sunset over the Solway ( best in the world) hopefully, and get fish and chips for tea. Perfect.

See you all tomorrow for the next exciting chapter in my gut story.😉

8.4 verry kind of wossy today. Well it wasn't steigt away it it started after a bit. I'm almost thought to have a tempurte but no checked and that's fine seems to be one of those wir ed things

6.2 this morning.

So the hospital clinic hasn’t contacted me to book my appointment. As per the instructions on their website and on the NHS website I contacted them yesterday.
Answerphone “Please leave a message and we will get back to you within 7 days.…..”
I’ve emailed the GP surgery explaining that I had a choice of one hospital to book with and that they’re apparently not accepting appointments and asking for their help in expediting an appointment somewhere as I’m increasingly in pain and am now having to use a stick when I walk.

The aforementioned stick came out with me last night on a trip to Covent Garden to see La Bohème at the Royal Opera House.
I’ve not seen it before and although I know the story I wasn’t expecting it to be quite so festive what with all the snow constantly falling.

As per usual the plot was bonkers with a sub plot about a musician playing for three days and nights to see a parrot off to a perch in parrot heaven and basically strangers declaring undying love for each other whilst seriously ill but not so ill that they can’t still sing.

I had a production specific 50% off deal from the ROH. I used that to nab my seat which was better than I’d expected. I hope they send me more offers like this!

Anyway… time to call the hospital clinic again and see if they actually answer the phone this time.

5.1 this morning (so close!)

First full day of the new Libre sensor yesterday and it initially seemed to be reading a bit lower than BG, but after several checks against finger stick tests I concluded that it was in fact pretty accurate in the end. Final check last night the sensor was showing just 0.6 less than BG (comparing a sensor reading 10 minutes after a BG), so I’m happy with that and can start trusting it again. I definitely don’t want to disappear down the rabbit hole of continually doubting it and double checking against finger stick tests all the time!

@ColinUK : love your summary of La Bohème! You could write a book summarising all the operas, I seem to remember someone doing something similar years ago for the Shakespeare plays?

@eggyg - good luck with your visit to the gastroenterologist today!

Have a great day everyone!

7.8 (much better!). I consciously didn't eat any sweet treats last night and it definitely paid off. Had my first statin last night - not sure when I'd feel any side effects if I was going to. One of the things the doctor mentioned is they can affect sleep. I've always slept really well so I hope that's not going to be the case. Got another house viewing today so I need to get out of my dressing gown and hide things from our very modern (and therefore needs to look minimal) kitchen - I just hope that people don't look in the drawers or cupboards!

@eggyg Hope the appointment goes well and enjoy your F&C

@ColinUK As it's bonfire night on Saturday maybe you could send a firework up someone's a*se to get them to sort out your appointment. Loved the description of the opera x

Have a great day everyone

5.1 this morning (so close!)

First full day of the new Libre sensor yesterday and it initially seemed to be reading a bit lower than BG, but after several checks against finger stick tests I concluded that it was in fact pretty accurate in the end. Final check last night the sensor was showing just 0.6 less than BG (comparing a sensor reading 10 minutes after a BG), so I’m happy with that and can start trusting it again. I definitely don’t want to disappear down the rabbit hole of continually doubting it and double checking against finger stick tests all the time!

@ColinUK : love your summary of La Bohème! You could write a book summarising all the operas, I seem to remember someone doing something similar years ago for the Shakespeare plays?

@eggyg - good luck with your visit to the gastroenterologist today!

Have a great day everyone!
You’ll like what I put on Facebook then!

FDCCCBE7-1F47-4D5D-9D6C-9C5363DE3FC4.png

7.8 (much better!). I consciously didn't eat any sweet treats last night and it definitely paid off. Had my first statin last night - not sure when I'd feel any side effects if I was going to. One of the things the doctor mentioned is they can affect sleep. I've always slept really well so I hope that's not going to be the case. Got another house viewing today so I need to get out of my dressing gown and hide things from our very modern (and therefore needs to look minimal) kitchen - I just hope that people don't look in the drawers or cupboards!

@eggyg Hope the appointment goes well and enjoy your F&C

@ColinUK As it's bonfire night on Saturday maybe you could send a firework up someone's a*se to get them to sort out your appointment. Loved the description of the opera x

Have a great day everyone
Seems like your doctor is ill informed about statins and sleep.

Good morning folks. 6.5 on this splendid sensor. Normal service has now resumed and I bagged a unicorn yesterday. 18 my eye! :rofl:

Off to see a gastroenterologist this afternoon about my dodgy tummy. Not sure what they can do, just hope it doesn’t involve going under the knife. :( More than likely more drugs to go with the shedload I already take. On the bright side it’s a day out, as when I got my letter to chose my hospital ( four choices) only one had any appointments! Hobson’s Choice then. It’s 35 miles away on the coast, the forecast is good so we will take a stroll and see the sunset over the Solway ( best in the world) hopefully, and get fish and chips for tea. Perfect.

See you all tomorrow for the next exciting chapter in my gut story.😉

Maybe a camera two ways! 🙂 or :(

Morning all - bit of a mix this morning but no doubt it will rain at some point today.

6.0 on the nose this morning early. I did eat half a ginger cookie at bedtime plus put on a temp basal for 2 hours as I was 4.8 with 1.5u bolus insulin still on board at bedtime.

@ColinUK We saw la Boheme in Budapest. It had subtitles in English above the stage (so not technically subtitles). I almost fell apart during one scene where Rodolfo is singing this wonderful aria... which translated to "Oh, how wonderful. Pickled herrings for lunch again". I tried not to read them after that! Hope you make some progress with your appointment booking today.

@eggyg hope all goes well with your appointment and you do not need more surgery.

@Proud to be erratic the Libre update is affecting nearly all android phones. I hope another update comes out soon to correct it, but if you scan once and hear the vibration sound, don't try to scan again, just wait, it takes a while but the result does show eventually.

Going to Newlyn Filmhouse see Triangle of Sadness this afternoon - it has a good write up. Hopefully it's better than Banshees!

Morning all 5.2 for me this morning. Strange day yesterday bloods great till after lunch . Called into town for a few things. Called in for a coffee, tested 18 4 .took a correction dose of 12:units to bring it down quickly didn't work. Tested before tea 19.4 tested two hours after 20.5.tooj dog out for an hour tested when I get home 7.2 (at last ) The joys of diabetes eh. Well have a good day folks

4.6 at 7.15 this morning, got youngest granddaughter here today and her big sister will be joining her after school for the night so a busy day of entertaining her - love it :D
have a good day everyone x

Morning all 3.9 and a glucotab for me.

@rebrascora I was surprised at how quickly the wheels have been set in motion. We'll just have to see what early in the new year means.

@ColinUK it's amazing how someone just about to die of consumption can crank out a tune with not a cough or splutter.

Have a good day everyone.

Seems like your doctor is ill informed about statins and sleep.

Thanks Colin - that’s really good to read. My HRT pill also has a sedative effect so maybe I’ll even need to start setting my alarm clock

Morning fellow members, it was a 6.1 for me at 08.20 on this wet and windy day.

Morning

8.5 for me

Just had pharmacist from health centre on the phone telling me my CMS is ending and they sent me a letter about a review at the end of last month, I politely told her yes I'm aware and am waiting on a call from your diabetes nurse to discuss things sometime after 10:30, she quickly said I better get off the phone incase she's trying to get through, bye and hung up lol, anyway the nurse has extended my CMS until the end of January in the hope that Bruce can get a day off in January so I can go in and see her for my bloods etc xx

Well I have had a rough week mentally and as a result, a rough week with my diabetes too. Really don't know why.
I lost the plot with my eating after I got back from the yard in the early hours this morning.... started with a G&T and some olives and cheese and then a cooked sausage with pickled beetroot and gherkins and I think there was a half a square of dark choc and some peanut butter and a cup of tea and then I fetched a pouch of low sugar seeded granola out of the cupboard and just started eating it by the handful and injecting a couple of units here and there as I went back to the packet and ate some more.... No means of estimating how much I ate or how much insulin I would need for it, just kept adding a bit more and a bit more. Went to bed just after 2am on 5.3 with 3 stacked boluses, the last one being 4 units but decided that I might need a bit more carbs to be safe, so ate a dried fig (approx 8g carbs). Woke up this morning after a really good sleep but mentally could not face scanning and seeing what I had done to myself or how high my levels were going to be.... Normally I am excited to see my overnight graph, but this past week I have just really struggled mentally with all of it and had a really negative perspective... Couldn't even be bothered to wake up properly and inject my Levemir but after dosing a bit longer I psyched myself up and did the scan......
All I can say is "Talk about jammy!!"
IMG_20221103_095039138.jpg
This was just the mental lift I needed though, so couldn't have asked for better timing to get one.

Congrats to @Colin g on also attaining the nominated optimum waking reading this morning, especially after such a dodgy BG afternoon!

Thanks Colin - that’s really good to read. My HRT pill also has a sedative effect so maybe I’ll even need to start setting my alarm clock
They’re saying that statins don’t have any impact on sleep!

Back