Group 7-day waking average?

Morning all. 8.9 for me. A unicorn day yesterday, then spoiled by a small spike at 3am this morning.

Congrats on the HS @harbottle

5.0 for me. Finished painting the walls of the little room yesterday, so have asked youngest to have a look and decide if they think the glossing needs re-doing. They're going to a friend's tonight for Halloween as their friend lives in a safer area. Oldest was going to go with them but isn't feeling well enough for school so will be home with me instead!

Morning 8.1

Good morning. BG 5.8 this a.m. Weather not promising but looks a bit better than yesterday when I got "drenched to the drawers" 4 times.
Trying to resist a run to Screwfix where there is a garden shredder on offer at 40 quid less than Amazon. Looking out of the study window at the 2m buddleias and the 3m Rambling Rector roses my determination to spend less and use less diesel is leaking away....I am sure (well weakening to self-indulgence) that it will be an investment for next year's attack on the willow hedge - which grows 2m in a year...Anyway I can be economical and "do an Aldi" whllst I am in town, can't I?
Have a good day everyone.

5.9 for me today. 🙂

Dez

And it’s a 5.3 for me this sunny morning.

I’m off for another ct scan this afternoon so no food after ten this morning, just water.

Me neither - kitchen's too small. Iceland?! Now you're Halloween-y scaring me LOL.
I don’t have one either!
Used to have a lovely built in one but not in this flat. Not really the right space to put one in either unless the whole kitchen is redesigned. And that’s not happening.

7.0 for me this morning. Must be the half a night doesn’t wide awake reading which did it.

I’m thinking that my lack of exercise options currently aren’t exactly helping. But it’s ok at these levels.

5.6 for me this morning. Managed to play “Guess the Carbs” in yesterday afternoon’s family get together and scored quite well with a peak of 8.8.

Retinopathy screening this afternoon for me so I’ll have blurry vision into the evening.

Congratulations @harbottle on your HS!

@TinaD - sounds like you’ve already decided on the shredder! Enjoy !

Hope everyone has a good day!

Moooorning! 🙂 10.4 here.

Nice work @harbottle !!

I forgot to mention the other day, at my outpatient appt, the (not diabetes related) consultant asked me if my “control” was good. They just can’t help themselves, can they? 😉

Anyhoo, it’s great to get up to daylight again...must dash!
I can’t tell you how many people have asked me that when I have been seeing them for unrelated issues. Next time I will ask what they mean by “good!” Because I don’t think they have a clue.

4.9 for me at 5.30am then a busy morning getting 2 little girls ready for school and nursery, and a 20 minute drive to drop Sophia at nursery for 7.30 coffee for me and hot chocolate for Phoebe before school at 8.40 and then home - Phew Now to tackle the mess I left behind in the rush to get out this morning!
Congratulations on the HS @harbottle
Hope everyone is well, have a good day people 🙂

Morning all and 6.1 for me.

A funny old evening yesterday. BS nice and level all day then 9 pm 12 with an upwards arrow. Nevermind all ok now.

Today's excitement will be a trip to see the surgeon at the hernia repair clinic.

Have a good day everyone.

Forgot to check in yesterday & it was 30/10 14:36 BS 8.2 for a very short day as it was the start of a cycle that pretty much wiped me out once it started: AGAIN I caught it on a trip to the loo; no need for a bedding change as I NEVER know now, pre menopausal unpredictability, when I’m getting one! Barely stayed awake to watch Strictly on Sat. & Sunday.

Today, I’m up earlier having slept a LOT despite getting up late yesterday 09:53 BS 4.5 which I’m leaving as I’m actually vertical, up off the bed now, & feeling fine so, DP will start to raise that!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

The rest can be skipped as I’ll TRY not to moan TOO much!

In the words of Victor Meldrew, I probably haven’t spelt that right, from One Foot In The Grave “ I DON’T BELIEVE IT!” O2 still haven’t sorted me out as I called as soon as I got up today around 09:40 ish. But, I feel that AT LAST there’s signs of hope here as this time they’re going to try “a bit of magic” as he put it & improvising as they’ve had technical issues with the computer that does sim swaps since last Tuesday that’s affected over 2000 customers. He only came up with this improvised solution yesterday that worked for a VERY angry customer & he said I’m very nice! He asked for my landline number & he’ll call on the landline when it’s done in the next two hours? He’s manually switching off the new number off the sim & manually putting in the old number so, the risk is I’ll only be able to contact customer services through a landline! So, in the meantime I need to keep restarting the phone every 20 to 30 minutes until I see all my missed calls come up on the old number. People have been leaving me messages: registered for the landline retrieval of phone records, even though it’ll take 30 days, in case I’m ever out of contact again for whatever reason! And wait for him to call me back!

GOOD GRIEF the computer has been messing up sim swaps since last Tuesday & it took them until last Thursday to realise there’s a problem when 2000 customers complained & their technicians working on it since Friday!

I just jinxed myself didn’t I when I said well done O2 at the start when I found out that everything will be the same on my All Calls tariff with the sim swap! 🙄:rofl:

I was NICE as he put it because I’m frustrated but, tired out still from my cycle & not up to an angry fight! But, we both had a giggle as he was pretty honest with me about “flying off the seat of his pants” improvising!

Right! FINGERS CROSSED I’ll try the first restart about now actually as it’s 10:20 & 30 minutes after my call!

Last edited:
Morning all on this rather grey day.

6.1 with a lovely straight line overnight. Finally bit the bullet and adjusted basal a touch. Now on the lowest basal I have ever been on at 9.4u per day.

Congratulations @harbottle on your HS.

@Michael12421 just a gentle hug. Hope you feel better today. @rebrascora is right though, if under 4 treat with fast acting and don't wait for your meal. I know it's horrible eating sweeties when your dinner is nearly ready, but I've done it lots of times and it's better than getting the full blown hypo.

Re: microwaves, wouldn't be without mine, use it for nearly all vegetables unless I am stir frying them and also for warming up tea/coffee that's gone cold. Also re-warming some leftovers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221031-084638.png
    Screenshot_20221031-084638.png
    34.1 KB · Views: 2
For what it's worth, I called Abbott today and after making me jump through various hoops doing things to my phone, reading off error messages etc and re-booting the phone etc etc he finally admitted that it's an issue with the new update to the app and they know about it and are working to resolve it. Meantime they are sending me a new sensor, unsure why as the sensor is perfectly OK it's the app.

Finally! A partial result with another half hour to go, for the full 2 hours, my old number is transferred as my landline RANG the old number on the iPhone’s new sim! BUT, no text messages, phone records or voicemail so, wasted 4p calling voicemail to check. Hopefully those records come through by the time I next restart & wait for HIM to call me back on the landline. At the very least people CAN contact me now on the old number! A half 🙂

8.4 today and starting to feel better.

Have a good rest of the day.

Back