Group 7-day waking average?

And a 5.1 for me at 8.35 this morning.

I am down to low 6s within a couple hours. By bedtime, after a snack of no carbs as I am hungry, I am high 7s. During the night my blood glucose averages around a 6.
If you eat no carbs the body will convert protein and fat to glucose. I think I have a chart which explains this and how long it takes. When I get onto my laptop I will try to find and publish it. I note you say you eat peanuts before bed. Did you know that peanuts are 16g carb per 100g? I know I have to be careful of eating them on an empty stomach. You would be better off probably with a lump of cheese and a small cracker as the fat from the cheese would balance out the carb in the cracker.

Foot on the Floor Syndrome is I believe colloquial to this forum and is just a more sociable variation of Dawn Phenomenon. Basically FOTF waits until you get out of bed to trigger your liver to release glucose into your blood stream and for me, my levels could rise by as much as 6 whole mmols in half an hour if I didn't inject insulin
No, not exclusive to this forum. I was familiar with the expression long before this forum even existed, back in the day when the only forums were USA based and the only UK based discussions were on a clunky thing called newsnet. However it would seem to only be used by peoplewith diabetes, I’ve never heard a medic use it. Though Gary Scheiner if Think Like A Pancreas may refer to the phenomenon.

The rest of your post is very sound advice And worth trying for @E.gord...

Morning all and it was 6.2 for me but after a visit to the toilet and back to bed for an hour a foot on the floored 7.2.

Another day with plans unknown but sun out at moment so may get into the garden.

Have a good day everyone.

Niceish day today, after yesterday's gloom.

4.2 this morning at 8:50. Woken by the alarm. I've gone nights without a decent sleep and was practically begging for my bed at 10:30 last night in the middle of a film I was watching on TV with hubby. So, I went to bed and took half a Nytol which would normally guarantee a good night's sleep. However, woke about 01:50 feeling a little odd and realised my sensor had ended. I keep forgetting change day has now become Thurs not Sat. Got up and changed it. Dropped off after about another hour only to be woken by an alarm and 4.2. again. So I treated that and tried to sleep again... Finally this morning I checked with a BG test, but they're pretty close, so I guess I can trust it, even with no bedding in period.

Sorry folks, I can't find the protein and fat conversion chart. It was on the DSF website. The only person who may have it is @everydayupsanddowns

The film "Banshees of Inisherin" was very tedious for the first hour, so my friend and I walked out and went for a coffee. Maybe we missed something happening later, but I found it hard to care!

@Gwynn, have you thought that a long holiday in the Phillipines may be what your wife needs?

Oh well, nothing much on today except a visit to the hygienist and later a quick drink with friends before coming home to the remainder of the chicken pie.

Sorry folks, I can't find the protein and fat conversion chart. It was on the DSF website. The only person who may have it is @everydayupsanddowns

I’ll see if I can add it to the Links section

Morning all. Hope everyone is doing well. 10.6 for me this morning. Was out for a good walk yesterday and was sailing close to the wind a few times . 4.2 3.9 so had jbs . 6.9 before bed. Tested 1.45 am was 7.2 Had a good sleep. Unusual for me . Woke up 8.15 to 10.6 .. But of an easy day today. Take dog along farm shop get our meat for weekend Have a camomile and honey tea. Get home have lunch then over to shopping centre get our food in . Least the dog gets a rest

10.2 for me today. I’ve stayed in bed. Got my kindle and plenty of drinks and day nurse. We will go back to sanitising hands on entry to classroom next week - when I go back to school. Think I was too bold brave in stopping 2 weeks ago !

@Pattidevans yes, it's a good idea and I suggested that many times but she won't go. She won't even leave the house!!!

Thanks for the suggestion

The film "Banshees of Inisherin" was very tedious for the first hour, so my friend and I walked out and went for a coffee. Maybe we missed something happening later, but I found it hard to care!
Really? That is disappointing, I've been avid to get to see it. Not been to the pictures for years. Loved In Bruges so thought this would be good. :(

Morning all, sun is out, have a good day, must get some strips! I think I've got Covid or a 24 hr flu bug, quite relieved when I realised as thought I was popping my clogs again I felt that bad. 🙂

Ok, very late for me thanks to back to back work meetings this morning along with everyone and their dog messaging me about this that and the other (funny how everyone wants to clear their decks on a Friday and chuck everything over the fence!).

Anyway, 4.9 on getting out of bed this morning and after managing to delay eating to give the bolus time to work I achieved a small peak of just 8.7 - yay! Hopefully doing the same for lunch - waiting for the timer on my phone to go off to signal that I can have lunch!

Hope everyone has a good Friday!

UNBELIEVABLE! O2 STILL not sorted & have to wait another 24 hours! New sim card still no service & can’t call so, 24 minutes waiting on the 0344 standard rates number from the landline! Need to wait fir the new sim card number to be active again then, try to switch over the numbers after that! They say they’ll text me on the new number once it’s active before they switch the numbers & everything SHOULD be done in 24 hours! I’ll be back one more time if it isn’t & that’s IT: I’m done; get another sim card for the phone from a different carrier & just go through the palaver of contacting family members of my new number!

I asked them for a way to use my landline to access any text messages or phone calls I may have gotten from the old number but, they didn’t give me one: I asked twice & just the usual palaver we’ll get this sorted out for you as soon as possible; I’ve been out of contact for over 2 weeks now!

Got up late today about 13:40 ish or so, BS 7.2 & last night was SO noisy ALL night: one way or another; the firework’s bangs etc. of Halloween & Bonfire Night coming up & the meadow down a bit from me across the road is where the kids let them of every year at this time; very stormy later on after all the other bangs had died down with the wind & rain lashing the windows! Had to put up the heater last night!

I’m still quite grumpy as I post this!

But, summoning up to greeting you lovely lot with a A G’day Mates & hope you have a better day than me! A Mona Lisa one, I’m afraid, 🙂 but, making the effort, propping it up, just for you lot!

11.3 😡 before breakfast
12.1 before bed so took 2.0 QA
12.4 at 03:00 so took 2.0 QA
11.3 before breakfast. Very fed up

Previous night took 2.0 QA before bed, dropped to 4.4 at 23:50 (high at breakfast due to DP)
Makes it very difficult to try & adjust.
Rant over (for now)
J

Mine was 6 this morning. Took youngest to have hair cut in a new style. They're very happy with it 😛hew:. Procrastinated this afternoon but now done first layer of the colour half the walls of youngest's dressing/chillout room are being painted. Off to do a quick grocery shop and will paint the second layer when youngest in bed. Plan is to try to then paint the other walls on Sunday.

Well not sure I'm going to get back to sleep now. I woke up at at around 4 at 4.3 so guess it's that

C’est tout pour now but no doubt I’ll pop in later 🙂

Morning folks. 🙂 6.7 here.

Well, it turns out my GP had referred me to Gynae after all (I’m sure she’d said there was no need), so I took up the the Dr’s offer to look under the bonnet and do a general MOT, since I was there.

Nowt planned for today so far. It depends on the weather mid-morning - if it’s raining, something indoors and the dogs stay home. Hahaha, who am I kidding? Wales, October...it’ll be raining. I loved In Bruges too @Ditto so maybe a trip to the cinema to see The Banshees of Inisherin.

Morning all. 5.7. Dark and damp, again.

The little cherubs are all still in bed, I include Mr Eggy in that. He’s awake though, he likes to “ recuperate” ( his words) from being in bed all night! 😳

Lots to do, never got pumpkins carved, never made my Halloween costume but did feed four hungry children ( not to the pumpkins @ColinUK but there’s time yet!). At least we don’t have a toddler under our feet today so it’ll be much easier. The main dishes are made and just need heating up, along with some hotdogs, I need to make an apple crumble and panko some chicken thighs.
Here’s this evening’s menu. All welcome as I’ve made enough to feed the 5000 as usual.

To start;
Courgette and stinky Brie soup served with baguette slices.
‘Orrible onion bhoojis

Mains;
Ghoul..ash served with crusty bread and soured cream.
Silence of the Lamb Kofta curry, served with putrid pilau rice.
Creepy, crawly, crispy chicken.
Snot dogs in dead finger rolls.

To follow;
Crapple crumble with I scream.
Banana ghosts,
Mandarin pumpkins
Grape and blueberry eye balls.
Gruesome gingerdead. 😱

I know, I know, but the kids love a Halloween pun! :rofl:

Have a great day all. 🙂

4.1 for me according to Libre so may well have been very close to an HS in reality but didn't double check it as I am wasting enough test strips to double check the hypos it falsely reports me having. Overnight graph shows a steady decline down to low 4s and then flattening out to a horizontal straight line on 4 which is just perfect as far as I am concerned as that is where I get the soundest sleep.

Morning all, 4.3 here, can’t remember the last time I was in the 4s. I did a very strenuous riding session yesterday afternoon, and discovered I’m still not fully fit after Covid, I kept getting very out of breath. Stands to reason, I suppose, I’m still really snotted up at the back of my throat, even though it’s three weeks since I had it. Luckily it was a group lesson, so I got time to recuperate while others were having their turn, but I've got a shared private lesson this morning with daughter which could finish me off!

Back