Group 7-day waking average?

Morning 8.8

Morning all. Well, i flatlined last night...the only thing was it was in the mid 10s 🙄. Woke to 10.3.

I had a big spike before tea, no idea what caused it as it had been ok all afternoon, it suddenly shot up to 14, finger prick confirmed! 3 lots of corrections were needed to drop it down for it to rise again overnight. Hopefully it will be better today.

Have a good day everyone. Its forecast rain here most of the day.

5.8 for me today. 🙂

Dez

Received my referral letter for MRI and surgical consult regarding my ankle yesterday.
According to the Choose and Book info I’ve the choice of precisely one hospital which is fine. However go to the NHS appointment booking website and it says that there’s no appointments available!
Called the appointment booking line and the said the same. No appointments available. They advised me to book at my second choice. Which isn’t an option because I’ve not been listed as having one.
Email sent to orthopaedics department at the hospital asking them to contact me in order to book an appointment ASAP.
Email also sent to the GP with a copy of the Choose and Book info asking them to help get me an appointment.

Oh and according to the hospital website it’s a 42 week wait for appointments ffs.
I’d go private if I had the money to do that.

Meanwhile I’m scouting out items for my convalescence wardrobe. Only essential items of course. Things like this dressing robe from https://www.danielhanson.co.uk/EB7EDFB2-6D07-4EED-B524-4F88ADC124DF.jpeg

20221027_085206.jpg

Having lunch with bf today, no idea where we will go (he usually has places to suggest) but youngest in a holiday course, I'm on annual leave and he has a day off so all matches up to be able to go for lunch!

@42istheanswer congrats on the HS. Enjoy your lunch.

@ColinUK i didn't know which emoji to choose...'like' for your level, 'oh no' for your appointment or 'love' for the dressing robe. I can picture you walking around in the robe with the walking stick and your pearl earring (did you ever get it?). That robe is definitely an essential 😉

@42istheanswer congrats on the HS. Enjoy your lunch.

@ColinUK i didn't know which emoji to choose...'like' for your level, 'oh no' for your appointment or 'love' for the dressing robe. I can picture you walking around in the robe with the walking stick and your pearl earring (did you ever get it?). That robe is definitely an essential 😉
I still need the single pearl drop. It’s likely to be my birthday present to myself in January I think.

Phone & new sim delivered 16:20 🙂

Landline plugged in but, not connected to phone line yet: needs to be charged for 16 hours; when I get up, after 0820, I’ll plug in the phone line which is still in the old phone!

Just tried calling O2 & they’re very busy so, it was a voice automated service only: couldn’t get the dratted system to get what I want & it kept saying say I need something else; I do but, it’s back to an unbreakable loop of asking what’s wrong! Will call back later!

I’ll wait a bit & see what this basic cordless phone is like & give you the details later to buy on Amazon @gll 🙂
and your bloods? :rofl:

Good morning. An undeserved 5.6 this morning - got rather glum struggling to tidy up an overgrown thorn hedge whilst being hit by a howling gale of sideways rain every 10 minutes - everything takes so long once one is old. In a moment of madness, having nipped down to the shop for some essentials, bought a brandy and fruit cake and ate it! It went down a treat with a cuppa but was hardly a healthy decision...I didn't dare take a blood test last night. So back to sensible food today much aided (I hope) by some blue sky and also the improved view as the tree chaps have cut down all the dying ash trees. How they worked in that weather I do not know.
Wishing everyone a good day.

09:50 BS 7.4 🙂 Almost in target range! Yay!

A Very Good Morning to you all & have a Wonderful Day! 😉

I’m getting a bit worried that the mobile is still not transferred over! So, after breakfast I’ll give O2 another call? :confused:

As to the cordless landline phone @gll it’s just a basic phone that does the job.

That’s the amazon site I bought it from. A wee pause to post & check the link so, now I’m editing this post while typing the rest of it! 🙄

Last edited:
Morning. A 5.4 for me today. Feel dreadful. Totally bunged up nose and awful headache. Hardly slept. Pleased I have had my jabs though I dread to think what’s it’d be like with no jabs.

Have a good day.

A bit on the damp side here today, so it was a 5.7 at 8.25 this morning.

Morning all and 5.8 for me.

Good day at the studio yesterday. Song intro programmed and sounds in some sort of order for live performance. Multiple back ups taken. Everything that needed charging fully charged.

Today's plans? No idea.

Have a good day everyone

Just picked my mail & “Oh, what fun it is!” My flu + cv booster is on…oh dear! A wee pause to fetch it back out from my handbag to check the date, & I’d better out it in the calendar app too the way my memory IS these days…09/11 at 18:45 after health centre is closed!

I have a feeling that both at once will knock me off my feet again & I’m NOT looking forward to it but, it has to done!

About to munch breakfast & O2 is next!

Morning All - 8.6 today which is better but I didn't wake up until 9.38am! Hubby still away so that must be why. The dogs were very pleased to see me when I came downstairs. Nothing much planned today but I've got some AirBnB guests coming to our little cottage tomorrow so at some stage I need to become my alter ego, Mrs Mop but I'm likely to put it off until tomorrow as they're not arriving until very late. I've been wearing my Fitbit this week and have consciously been doing more walking - especially with him away as I'm needing to walk the dogs. I take them out individually as the two of them together is a nightmare if we come across someone else with a dog as the Scottie starts yapping and then the big boxer Wilbur steps in to protect her. If I take them out on my own I can sort of pretend they're very well behaved.

@eggyg I hope your head clears and that your Halloween celebrations with your grandchildren goes well. My son & future daughter-in-law (makes me feel old) are coming up to the Lakes tomorrow to take part in the OMM (Original Mountain Marathon). They have to camp overnight and I think she is dreading it. There's nothing to here so we're lending her a lot of down clothing but it needs to be very lightweight as they carry it all with them, including their tent. Hey ho - I know where I'd rather be. So if you see any soggy runners tomorrow give them a wave!

Have a good day everyone xxx

Just picked my mail & “Oh, what fun it is!” My flu + cv booster is on…oh dear! A wee pause to fetch it back out from my handbag to check the date, & I’d better out it in the calendar app too the way my memory IS these days…09/11 at 18:45 after health centre is closed!

I have a feeling that both at once will knock me off my feet again & I’m NOT looking forward to it but, it has to done!

About to munch breakfast & O2 is next!
Can you request to have them separately?

Can you request to have them separately?
I don’t know! But, I think it’ll be 2 injections: 1 in each arm; like the extra pneumonia one I get some years?

I think on balance I’d prefer one trip anyway: it’s the going out that seems to get me under the weather afterwards? 🙄

Right! Breakfast just munched & it’s O2 & see what’s up? :confused:

Back