Group 7-day waking average?

Sadly today ended badly as my wife had a bad episode.

This is getting very wearing. I am not sure I will survive much more of this and there is no support from anywhere. Sigh

Morning all. 7.3.

Need to head into town for shopping and prescription pickups early this morning and then back to operation clear out the kitchen. Got a chunk of the way through it all and got slammed with a migraine yesterday so its in a sorry state today as I could only manage to poke at things once I pulled everything out.

Hope you all have a fabby day x

Morning all. 5.4 meter, 7.1 Libre, getting a bit closer. Maybe that threat to call Abbott has worked.

The dishwasher is fixed! Yeah! Lots more pushing and shoving to get it back in, it’s intergrated so a bit of a pain, and lots of swearing, again! But Triggers dishwasher lives another day.

Not much planned today. Forecast dire.

Have a great day, if you’re able.🙂

5.7 for me today. 🙂

Dez

10.6 but was 7.6(however was in the 9s earlier on. In the night so not much of chance in that respect checking for a couple of reasons and I had eaten something before bad as well as didn't have enough fo eat for tea) at 4.30. I decided to get in habit of weighing my breakfast out the night before to musnuse the crunch of going out of range before didn't work this time though).

Good morning. 6.7 after another lousy night. Wind howling, rain sheeting down, like Wuthering Heights with a Welsh accent. Got most of the brambles removed yesterday but doubt my chances of continuing until the rain lets up.
Blasted fox hounds came onto my land yesterday without warning so no chance to bring horses in. Peachy and foal had a quick charge round and then settled down but the old cob, Louie, galloped himself into a white sweat and then trotted around the field margins for 5 hours. Not good for an old horse and, of course, quite illegal as 100% not following a trail. My language was pretty unladylike.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Morning all. 6.3 for me this morning.

Morning everyone. 9.2 today so the 11s might have been a blip or result of covid jab and no headache this morning (yippee). Spaghetti bolognese with nieces went down very well. I used wholewheat and they all ate it so that's a win. I do find myself feeling peckish later on but I think it's psychological or that I stay up too late watching telly and it may be the hunger hormone Ghrelin coming out to play. I had a good chat with the GP yesterday and I am going to start taking statins, 20mg. I spoke to her about the higher numbers and me wondering whether it was related to me being on MR Metformin now and she said that it will be better seen by an HbA1c which I'll have in January (too early now and I had the month where I'd come off Metformin for a week and then gradually reintroducing the MR). So I've got 3 months to get my a*se back into gear again. Chimney sweep today. Hubby had a lovely time sitting watching a family of chimpanzees in Uganda yesterday. I'm attaching a photo of the 50+ year old Grandpa 🙂 Have a great day everyone.

Grandpa Chimp.JPG

5.7 this morning. My right knee is hurting for no apparent reason, unless because I spent maybe half an hour kneeling last night putting masking tape on. Still got a bit more to do today as I was tired so thought I'd leave the rest...

Morning all. 🙂 7.5 here.

Wow, my health centre’s busy. I need to organize blood tests, so I started ringing at around 4pm yesterday. I eventually managed to get to number 8 - yippee! - in the queue at around 5, but was stuck there for 20 mins...at that point, my BG was going low so I gave up. What a faff!

There’s a definite nip in the air today. Roll on summer LOL.

Good morning everyone! 4.8 for me this morning.

I was totally frustrated yesterday evening getting a spike up to 12.7 that was stubborn to come back down - still 10.2 at bedtime. I could quite easily have given myself 10U of Novorapid in anger but thankfully didn’t otherwise I would have been on the low-high rollercoaster all night long!

Anyway, today is a new day and another chance to keep in range!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Morning all - so far a beautifu day. No rain forecast, which is a good thing as we are going into town to meet friends this afternoon.

7.4 at 08:30. Libre alarm woke me with a 4.0 at 06:15, so I had 2 x JBs and put a -50% temp basal on for an hour. I do think that overenight basals need changing but can't as yet see a definite pattern. Curiously, for the 2nd night running I have had no bolus with dinner, the night before was a definite decision as I was quite low, but last night I just forgot. It was gammon, white cabbage fried with caraway seeds, half a small jacket potato and green beans, followed by some plums stewed with brown sugar and extra thick double cream on top. Only 7.4 at bedtime.

The gammon in cider done in the slow cooker was not a success IMHO as the meat shrank quite a lot, as opposed to boiling it on top of the stove. I followed the method I found on the internet, just putting in 400ml cider and cooking on low for 8 hours. The gammon wasn't submerged, but sat on top of a bed of onions and carrots, so perhaps that was it.

Glad to hear your dishwasher lives on @eggyg

Sorry to hear you are both having a hard rime of it @TinaD and @Gwynn

Hugs to everyone. Have a good day.

I wasn't expecting rain as the sun was shining, but it did suddenly rain just as I was about to run youngest to a holiday club/course at 9.15.. so we put on coats and youngest stayed in the car till the workers popped their heads out of the door at 9.29 rather than going out and waiting for them...

Gorgeous rainbow though

4.4 for me this morning. Pleased to report my 2 unit morning Levemir increase worked a treat yesterday. Diabetes is so much less frustrating and tiresome when basal dose is right. Sending a heartfelt "Thank you" out to whoever developed Levemir and my team for prescribing it. I can't imagine how I would manage without it.

@Eternal422 Giving you a gold star for resisting the temptation of a "Rage bolus" yesterday as I know how frustrating it is when it just refuses to come down and how easy it is to just dial up a whopper dose just to show it who's boss. I find stacking a few small corrections works better for me now that I have Libre to monitor the effects of them more closely and assess if I need a bit more an hour later or a jelly baby just to slow the drop. I know that stacking is frowned upon but I think with Libre widely available it makes it much less risky and certainly better than "rage bolusing" in my opinion.

@Gwynn Hope your wife's episode is short lived and all is calm again soon.

No post from @Michael12421 this morning yet? Hope you are OK Michael and that infection is on the mend.

Back